• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Prescott @ The Rock

Started by WPWells, December 02, 2016, 09:15:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Gold

Quote from: Carljung on December 11, 2016, 09:47:55 pm
Yep...3 picks numerous pass break ups and confusion on the offensive side of the ball...Charleston plays in a weak conference and it showed last night. 15 punts all year and then 5 in one game. Charleston was outcoached, out played, out matched , out classed, out everything you can think of.
Definitely not outclassed by you

Carljung

Quote from: gold45 on December 11, 2016, 09:44:41 pm
Win with class. Lose with class.  If you can't figure out how to do that, silence is always a great option.  Life lesson 101.
maybe I should push my friend and scream at the ref and late hit the opponent...like those classy tigers... if silence is so great why don't you shut up

Black and Gold

Someone obviously didn't win much at life...

KOJACK

Quote from: Carljung on December 11, 2016, 09:50:24 pm
maybe I should push my friend and scream at the ref and late hit the opponent...like those classy tigers... if silence is so great why don't you shut up
Enough bro...let it go. Be happy for Prescott, not angry with Charleston. 15-0 baby...State Champs.

Black and Gold

You can't tell me you expect 16, 17, and 18 year old kids to not let their emotions flair after last night

CapnObvious

Yeah Carldung listen to Kojerk and just accept your trophy and hope it doesn't take you another 21 years to get another one , because I can assure you it won't take us that long ...

gold45

Because Prescott has too good of a program for you to ruin it with your classless posts.  The actions of our one player were uncalled for, but emotions and adrenaline run high in this sport and sometimes reactions happen that are regrettable.  However, the game is over and Prescott won.  Accept the win with grace and class for the sake of all the players and fans out there who have some..

strongandsteady

Quote from: strongandsteady on December 09, 2016, 11:11:28 am
Prescott might have 400+ yards on the Tigers ALMIGHTY D
;) Great game Charleston! Congrats to Prescott on finally getting it done!

adaptedtigerfan

Nice post KOJACK.  Prob your best post to date.

GrindTime

Quote from: reddiefoozball on December 09, 2016, 12:15:32 pm
congrats on making it a week further than we did, at least the tigers get to embarrass y'all at the rock this time instead of us.
You were saying?? I couldn't resist lol... but once again congratulations to both teams on great seasons see you all next year!!

AlumniLights

nastynice

There were bad calls on both sides of the ball, but when is the last time anyone has seen a "no mouthpiece" call in a game. Much less a championship game. Come on man.
Wouldn't have changed the outcome but I thought that was really petty!

jay nelvin

Quote from: AlumniLights on December 12, 2016, 03:07:05 am
It is what it is my man! Prescott was the best team!
Charleston had a heck of a team as well, great game!

jay nelvin

Quote from: nastynice on December 12, 2016, 04:42:21 am
There were bad calls on both sides of the ball, but when is the last time anyone has seen a "no mouthpiece" call in a game. Much less a championship game. Come on man.
We had a player get a similar penalty in the Fordyce game, those are ridiculous calls.

Hawgeye

Quote from: nastynice on December 12, 2016, 04:42:21 am
That is usually only called after the player has been warned or told more than once by the official. Its a legit call.

It is the correct call, so to term it a "bad call" is incorrect. The proper call is to not warn and to penalize the first time it happens.

nastynice

Quote from: Hawgeye on December 12, 2016, 06:37:07 am
That is usually only called after the player has been warned or told more than once by the official. Its a legit call.

It is the correct call, so to term it a "bad call" is incorrect. The proper call is to not warn and to penalize the first time it happens.
Didn't say it was a bad call. I said it was "petty!" That's something we don't know. The kid may have been warned couple times already.

KOJACK

Quote from: CapnObvious on December 11, 2016, 09:59:22 pm
Yeah Carldung listen to Kojerk and just accept your trophy and hope it doesn't take you another 21 years to get another one , because I can assure you it won't take us that long ...
Big talk from a clown like you...

The Dynasty

December 12, 2016, 09:01:54 am #917 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:05:40 am by The Dynasty
I'm glad I was such a big part of Carl's post game joy.

Prescott was the better team Saturday night. #'s 1/2/43 were STUDS. Charleston couldn't get off of the field on 4th down and never could get a turnover. The two plays that I think changed the game were the face mask on the bad snap. If we don't grab a face mask there we are up 20-19 in the red zone right after half. Instead we get the ball on our own 20 and couldn't do anything with it. The second play was the long TD run right after we took the lead late in the 3rd quarter. We had a little momentum where a stop and a score would've put a lot of pressure on the Wolves and Flynn made a big boy run. The kid wasn't going to let his team lose.

As far as the personal foul. It was very stupid. But please keep a couple things in mind.

1) Flynn had one for jawing in the game as well. So call it both ways if you are going to call it.
2) Our coach took the kid out and he never stepped foot on the field again. Not saying that Poole should've done the same thing because they were two totally different personal fouls but Kendrick handled it the right way in our situation. I'm sure the kid will learn from that mistake and better himself because of it.
3) I thought both teams, coaches and fans were very classy throughout. I know Kendrick spent 10-15 minutes on the filed after the game talking to multiple papers from around the state. 

They both lost their composure for a moment. Big stage brings big emotions. Both are good kids.

Once again congrats to Prescott and their fans. 21 years is a long time to wait for a state title. You guys deserved it.

More importantly, congrats to our boys and especially this senior class. It was an absolute pleasure watching these guys play ball from 3rd grade on. They will leave Charleston with a 34-6 record, 2 conference championships, 2 state title appearances and 1 state championship ring. More importantly they set an example for future Tigers, just as former Tigers did for them. That's what being a Tiger is all about. They have a lifetime of special things still ahead of them. Here's to a job well done fellas!!!!!!

To Carl, if this post isn't good enough for you, I'll send you a Christmas card of my naked backside to hang on your fridge and every morning you can kiss my Tiger loving butt. Sadly, that's probably high quality action compared to what you are use to. See you next year!!!!!!!!

T I G E R S

Danold Dump

Dump would like to congratulate both teams on a well played game and especially the Curley Wolves on being champions. You made Prescott great again...Dump out.

reddiefoozball

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 11, 2016, 09:08:45 pm
Has anyone heard from reddiefoozball? or has he eaten so much crow he cant talk?

hes here i suppose, still trying to get these hands warm again.

Congrats Curley wolves, you guys made it known, completely dominated the second half, was glad to see the 5-3a bring another one home. i figured Flynn would get his, but Vanhook really surprised me. Kid went to a different level saturday night. Looking forward to all 3 schools battling it out in the future.

CapnObvious

Quote from: KOJACK on December 12, 2016, 08:24:06 am
Big talk from a clown like you...
Well I guess I would rather be a clown on a forum where that is kinda the norm than to be a jerk like you and Carl when we were nothing but gracious in defeat ... Try and stay classy Prescott your boys earned it .

KOJACK

Quote from: CapnObvious on December 12, 2016, 09:41:47 am
Well I guess I would rather be a clown on a forum where that is kinda the norm than to be a jerk like you and Carl when we were nothing but gracious in defeat ... Try and stay classy Prescott your boys earned it .
I never got negative until you called me a name, so...

Me67

Me67

Quote from: Me67 on December 12, 2016, 10:07:55 am

Hey Fred Bird. I'm getting my post count up. I've enjoyed reading post and not had much interest in posting, but after seeing all the post from these 2 about how tough the Tiger were I just couldn't resist. They've been told by several that Charleston has not played teams as tough as from the 5-3A, but now they know. But congrats to both teams on their season.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: Me67 on December 12, 2016, 10:20:15 am
Quote from: Me67 on December 12, 2016, 10:07:55 am

Hey Fred Bird. I'm getting my post count up. I've enjoyed reading post and not had much interest in posting, but after seeing all the post from these 2 about how tough the Tiger were I just couldn't resist. They've been told by several that Charleston has not played teams as tough as from the 5-3A, but now they know. But congrats to both teams on their season.

Yup the 5-3A is 1 for 3 against Charleston...   2 of the 3 were absolutely embarrassed by the Tigers.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: KOJACK on December 12, 2016, 10:06:30 am
I never got negative until you called me a name, so...
Jack does have a point. I more than anyone definitely enjoy the trash talk and stir it up before the game but as I've stated several times Congrats to Charleston on a great season with a great group of kids. Charleston posters have been extremely humble in defeat but shouldn't hang their heads at all on a great season. It doesn't always work out that the two best teams in the state play in the finals but it did this year and everyone knows it. Congrats to my Curley Wolves once again. It's just really awesome to be apart of something this special.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 12, 2016, 11:30:52 am
Jack does have a point. I more than anyone definitely enjoy the trash talk and stir it up before the game but as I've stated several times Congrats to Charleston on a great season with a great group of kids. Charleston posters have been extremely humble in defeat but shouldn't hang their heads at all on a great season. It doesn't always work out that the two best teams in the state play in the finals but it did this year and everyone knows it. Congrats to my Curley Wolves once again. It's just really awesome to be apart of something this special.
I never thought this would happen HB, but--

+1

cdelaney

Quote from: KOJACK on December 11, 2016, 09:53:10 pm
Enough bro...let it go. Be happy for Prescott, not angry with Charleston. 15-0 baby...State Champs.
Sorry I'm late to say it but, as a great man once said "as I'm throwing up in my mouth" way to go Presskit from your friend at EC$.

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on December 12, 2016, 01:59:16 pm
Sorry I'm late to say it but, as a great man once said "as I'm throwing up in my mouth" way to go Presskit from your friend at EC$.
Lol...thanks buddy.

Mister Fister

After the game Saturday night I went over to the Electric Cowboy off of 630, I drank so much to ease the pain that I got lost in the big city.  I wondered all over town Sunday trying to find my truck.  My phone was dead, freezing cold, and lost.   It was horrible I tell ya just horrible.   Not to mention the 3 that was with me was from Prescott.  Yup I snatched those ladies up after the game at the Cowboy.  It's called flirting with disaster. 

We finally found our way to the truck, parted ways and I made it back to Titletown safe last night around 8:00.

I say all of that to say this.  Congrats to Prescott of the game.  You drove it down our throat, and stuck with it the entire ball game.

You may have won the battle,
But I took took your ladies and I won the war!

KOJACK

Quote from: Mister Fister on December 12, 2016, 02:15:35 pm
After the game Saturday night I went over to the Electric Cowboy off of 630, I drank so much to ease the pain that I got lost in the big city.  I wondered all over town Sunday trying to find my truck.  My phone was dead, freezing cold, and lost.   It was horrible I tell ya just horrible.   Not to mention the 3 that was with me was from Prescott.  Yup I snatched those ladies up after the game at the Cowboy.  It's called flirting with disaster. 

We finally found our way to the truck, parted ways and I made it back to Titletown safe last night around 8:00.

I say all of that to say this.  Congrats to Prescott of the game.  You drove it down our throat, and stuck with it the entire ball game.

You may have won the battle,
But I took took your ladies and I won the war!
Fat girls need love to.

HeadBussa08

I was at the Cowboy celebrating the victory until about 5 am and didn't observe anything of that nature taking place. Gonna have to say the story is false until proved otherwise HA!

CoolBreeze

fbisgreat

I would like to add as good as Burks and Van Hook was you have to give credit to the prescott OL they opened holes all game long.

Jabali

Quote from: Jabali on December 07, 2016, 11:20:16 pm
At first the tiger and wolf clash appeared quite rank,

And then the panties Chuck commenced to spank.

Presscot was not curly,

some would say girly.

And again, Presscot said the "refs were to thank".
"D" acknowledged curly wolf bite was the most.

He knew by games end his nasty boys were toast.

Though no end to his stress,

(his sheep wears a blue dress!),

and with a victory cigar comes the Ghost!

fbhound

December 12, 2016, 06:18:20 pm #935 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:37:00 pm by fbhound
Time for basketball FF posters, but we do appreciate all the insight on what a homer is or who's a bragger, a humble fan, a trash talker or cocky or a clown or jerk or classless or graceful, etc etc.

You know, we hear those remarks every year, and it's part of the occasional senseless banter we read on FF and that Lanny allows for the sake of Friday night football hype and humor.... if kept friendly and not considered to be directed, vulgar name calling. Thanks to the moderators for keeping vigil and helping us wince and retaliate "within reason"... LOL

Til next FOOTBALL season, have a great next 8 months. Now, basketball....

OH, and Happy Holiday Season and hopes for a great 2017 to all............

jay nelvin

Quote from: fbhound on December 12, 2016, 06:18:20 pm
Time for basketball FF posters, but we do appreciate all the insight on what a homer is or who's a bragger, a humble fan, a trash talker or cocky or a clown or jerk or classless or graceful, etc etc.

You know, we hear those remarks every year, and it's part of the occasional senseless banter we read on FF and that Lanny allows for the sake of Friday night football hype and humor.... if kept friendly and not considered to be directed, vulgar name calling. Thanks to the moderators for keeping vigil and helping us wince and retaliate "within reason"... LOL

Til next FOOTBALL season, have a great next 8 months. Now, basketball....

OH, and Happy Holiday Season and hopes for a great 2017 to all............
Good luck in BB ball, would love to see that shooter Chuck has playing for them.

FBfan79

I know why Charleston lost.... there wasn't a Shelby on the team!  ;D

Jk... but how many of Charleston's titles had a Shelby on the team?  Juct curious.  Seems like I heard that name every year. Not trying to hijack the thread.

WPWells

2005 and 2014 didn't. All others did. 2011 had 2

adaptedtigerfan

WPWells

ChucktownTiger

GBattack

Had a really rough day in the classroom trying to get a specific kid to work the way I know he can. He's smart...in a wheelchair and gets frustrated easily. He can do grade level work and spells better than most of you jokers on this thread, it just may take him a long time. As I read back on some of these threads, especially the recent ones about our boys accomplishments in sports, I found myself really wishing there was something comparable for kids like him. Not necessarily in sports, but I wish kids like him had as big of a cheering section as the athletes do. I wish he could get an award for all of his hard work and perseverance because so much of his effort is to do things you and I take for granted, like putting on his own jacket. I'm super proud of my sons football careers in high school...but I was able to step back a moment and put it in perspective. Happy holidays to you all.

nastynice

^ Very honest and true. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to sports and I feel horrible about it on a daily basis. Cause I have a special needs child at home and watch her struggle daily with common activities. She would be the first to tell you she's the same as everyone else and I'm thankful for that. She and several other kids in and around our communities deserve as much credit and attention as we give the ball players. But we don't. I fail miserably at this. These kids need us to be as strong as they are!

GBattack

Well said nasty. One thing I was able to do was to get the football players and other athletes involved in the classroom with my students. They come visit to work puzzles and play games and sometimes we go out to the football field and let them run and play with the boys. That's been a blessing...I just wish there was more for them.

Captain Oblivion

I've been out and hadn't got to comment on the championship game. I gotta give props to the Curley Wolves on an unbelievable undefeated season. They proved without a shadow of a doubt that they were the best team in 3A. I was blown away with the way they pounded the football throughout the game and then played defense in the 2nd half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas