• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 A Coach of Year

Started by Pat Swilling, November 30, 2016, 09:56:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Swilling

my opinion:  Jamie Mitchell - NLR

TigerHawg

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 30, 2016, 09:56:35 am
my opinion:  Jamie Mitchell - NLR

Hard to dispute that. He turned around a team on and off the field pretty quickly.

ArgentaNLR

Mitchell with NLR no doubt.  Team in finals with not one player with a D1 offer.  Great teamwork

admorris24

Buck James in my opinion.  After watching them week one against Benton to where they ended up and doing it in year one after replacing Calley.

Pr8hd

It would be hard not to go with Mitchell at NLR.

businesstron

I'd go with Buck James also.  He did an amazing coaching job for it being his first year Bryant.   I can't remember a a Central team recently defying the odds like they did when they beat Harber.   Honestly that might be one of the biggest upsets in 7a in probably 5 years. 

Grizzlyfan

No coach has done as much to change the culture in the program and the results on the field as much as Mike Falleur at Fort Smith Northside.

AIREDALE25

I think it should be Blakenship from Fayetteville at least that's what I think his last name is. First Season with the team came in in August I believe and took them to a State Championship

Rob Van Winkle

While BB did a great job stepping into a difficult situation, he did inherit one of the most talented teams in the state. It does take a great coach to navigate through what he did so I do not want to diminish what he accomplished.

I think when you look at coach of the year, you have to look at who overachieved according to preseason expectations or early season performance. With that said I think you have to look at Mitchell at NLR or James at Bryant. Just my opinion.

Razorback Red

Mitchell, James and Falleur all have done great jobs and I would probably vote for Mitchell, but I also want to mention the great job Coach Pratt did in year 1 at West.  Zero Sr's and hosted a playoff game.  This guy is going to have a competitive team very quickly. 

fresh_prince

Razorbacks48

redwolf99

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas