• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 OSCEOLA SEMINOLES

Started by 501Arkansas, November 19, 2016, 08:58:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Osceola beats rivercrest at Rivercrest 66 the 46

501Arkansas

Osceola beats Rivercrest at rivercrest 66 to 46

ISU7

No surprise there. Good win by the Noles.  Good game Colts.

Radiotalker

Osceola plays Blytheville tonight. Will try to avenge a loss to the Chicks a few weeks ago. Will be a packed house.

Radiotalker

Osceola loses to Blytheville. The Chickasaws are just too tough.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 13, 2016, 09:20:51 pm
Osceola just isn't playing seminole ba right now

bdubyab60

Blytheville should be decent this year. Got two kids from CrossCounty that carried that team to the quarterfinals I believe in 2A. Big kid down low and a guard that can shoot it pretty good.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 13, 2016, 09:20:51 pm
Radio, they are a tough squad. I believe the best Blytheville team in a few years.

biglion1985

Seems like pierce has blytheville playing some good ball right now. He is young and so far a pretty good coach

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 14, 2016, 01:33:48 am
Osceola just isn't playing seminole ba right now
Lol only when they win huh...😷😎

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on December 14, 2016, 07:44:57 pm
Lol only when they win huh...😷😎
Yup don't jump on the wagon when they do 😎

ISU7

December 15, 2016, 02:29:56 am #61 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:30:41 pm by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 14, 2016, 11:17:12 pm
Yup don't jump on the wagon when they do 😎
Believe me never that I rather keep walking  Lol Btw. So far Colts are the last 3A team around here to win a state championship in three sports, so I'll keep riding with the Colts. Good luck to all the Mississippi County Schools. 😷😎

Radiotalker

One observation from the Blytheville game. Osceola played zone against the Chicks. I don't recall the Seminoles ever playing zone against anyone. I guess Frankie was respecting the size advantage. Thought it was interesting.

bdubyab60

Quote from: biglion1985 on December 14, 2016, 04:22:09 pm
Seems like pierce has blytheville playing some good ball right now. He is young and so far a pretty good coach
Got the young part right

Radiotalker

Osceola overcomes 17 pt deficit to beat Trumann 80-75

Paperman

Osceola beats Melbourne in the late show in the NEA 74-45 Monday night!

870baller15

Does anyone know when Osceola plays Riverside? Should be a close one

biglion1985

Just looked at schedule on maxpreps and it says jan. 17th at osceola and the noles lose a close one to cave city last night

Radiotalker

Quote from: biglion1985 on December 22, 2016, 12:44:23 pm
Just looked at schedule on maxpreps and it says jan. 17th at osceola and the noles lose a close one to cave city last night

Tough loss especially when we controlled the game going into Q4. Don't think we will see any team in Class 3A with the front line size of CC.

RedWolf275

Cave City has a pretty good squad but I thought Osceola let up some in the 4th qtr with their full court pressure.

neaguru

Where was the big kid  at for Osceola last night? He would've helped a lot last night.

biglion1985

Who knows maybe they didn't wanna play blytheville again lol just joking

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 22, 2016, 01:00:34 pm
Tough loss especially when we controlled the game going into Q4. Don't think we will see any team in Class 3A with the front line size of CC.
Big team and the little point guard isn't bad either.

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on December 22, 2016, 11:04:04 pm
Big team and the little point guard isn't bad either.

Apparently you were not at the game.

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 23, 2016, 07:30:09 am
Apparently you were not at the game.
Apparently whether I was there are not Cave City won.

NEA Razorback olfan

neaguru

What was the final? Did Gilmore play tonight.

NEA Razorback olfan

Osceola 56
Brookland 50
F

Good game, not sure if Gilmore played

Radiotalker

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 03, 2017, 09:28:58 pm
Osceola 56
Brookland 50
F

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 03, 2017, 09:28:58 pm
Osceola 56
Brookland 50
F

Good road win for the Noles.

Paperman

Radiotalker

Paperman

luxora4life

Better with out him maybe, but certainly not a better team with out him. Especially defensively.

Paperman

I think they play better team ball without him! I mean the Seminoles were solid with him in the paint. Gilmore was probably best free throw shooter on the team, but he has been more of a distraction for most of the 2016 portion of the schedule. He had his opportunity to make a statement this season and unfortunately it was a dud instead of a home run! Darion has no one to blame but himself

ISU7

The Noles will miss Gilmore.  He could go for 30pts 10+rebounds on any given night. .

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on January 05, 2017, 09:07:38 am
The Noles will miss Gilmore.  He could go for 30pts 10+rebounds on any given night. .

I agree, but he was such a distraction. I just think this bunch is a better "team" without him.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on January 05, 2017, 09:07:38 am
ISU, sounds like a young Head Lion.

ISU7

Radiotalker

Paperman

Seminoles are looking good! Tough games coming down the stretch, but they will be fun to watch no matter what happens from here on out.

ISU7

ISU7

Westside  43
Osc             39 end 3rd

ISU7

January 13, 2017, 09:29:48 pm #92 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:39:59 pm by ISU7
Noles 62
Westside 59 Final.

Noles shot 20-36 from the field
4-12 from 3pt line
10-18 from the free throw line
11 turn overs.
Good win in a tough place to play.

Radiotalker

Another big road  win for the Seminoles @ Jonesboro  Westside

ISU7

January 13, 2017, 09:33:03 pm #94 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:41:28 pm by ISU7
Earlier in the season Noles defeated the Warriors by a score of
72-69

Radiotalker

Any update on Makai? Went down with a ankle injury Q1, and played for about a min in Q2 but never returned.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Definitely a good win. Starting to hear some chatter the man in the purple suit might be getting out. Any truth to this?

thebigtiger

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about an opening in Osceola? 

Paperman

Coach Gathen has expressed concerns about his health for a couple of years now. I believe if they were to win a title this year he might retire! He also has expressed a desire to coach in the new arena and the class of 2018, they might be the most talented groups he has ever had. His health will play a large part in his decision whatever it might be!

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on January 16, 2017, 08:38:32 pm
Coach Gathen has expressed concerns about his health for a couple of years now. I believe if they were to win a title this year he might retire! He also has expressed a desire to coach in the new arena and the class of 2018, they might be the most talented groups he has ever had. His health will play a large part in his decision whatever it might be!

Most talented group he's every had!  How long have you been following Osceola Basketball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas