• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 OSCEOLA SEMINOLES

Started by 501Arkansas, November 19, 2016, 08:58:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paperman

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 10, 2017, 01:49:13 pm
Hey Paperman who do the noles tonight
Sorry I was at a hearing on the Mississippi County courthouses! The Seminoles senior boys and girls play Gosnell.

Radiotalker

501Arkansas

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE JR SEMINOLEA ON ANOTHER CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP. #3-PEAT

501Arkansas

Osceola finished 23-6 13-1 in confs

Paperman

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 11, 2017, 09:37:00 pm
Osceola finished 23-6 13-1 in confs
They play more as a team since they lost Gilmore! It would be great to have him in the middle, but they are really good without him!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Paperman on February 12, 2017, 11:37:48 am
They play more as a team since they lost Gilmore! It would be great to have him in the middle, but they are really good without him!
I agree with you, Seminoles playing darn good basketball

501Arkansas

The 2016-2017 Osceola seminoles and lady Seminoles are now district Champs. Road to the Ship!!!

Radiotalker

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 18, 2017, 01:27:09 pm
The 2016-2017 Osceola seminoles and lady Seminoles are now district Champs. Road to the Ship!!!

The Drive For 5

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 14, 2016, 11:17:12 pm
Yup don't jump on the wagon when they do 😎
Looks liked the wagon over turned. ;D So glad I refused to jump pn it. NEVER.. ;D ::)

bball14

Paperman

Seminoles played poorly missed 49 shots half were 2 feet from the basket! Coach sat out top scorer tonight and no one picked up his slack! You shoot 30 percent from the field and 35 percent from the line! It happens! Seriously Clinton deserved to win! But if Osceola made half of the short shots they missed and hit half their free throws, they win by 20. It happens to good teams every year!

Paperman

Seminoles played poorly missed 49 shots half were 2 feet from the basket! Coach sat out top scorer tonight and no one picked up his slack! You shoot 30 percent from the field and 35 percent from the line! It happens! Seriously Clinton deserved to win! But if Osceola made half of the short shots they missed and hit half their free throws, they win by 20. It happens to good teams every year!

Pit Bull

Why would you hold out your top scorer in a win or go home situation? I'm confused...

neds

Paperman

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 23, 2017, 06:28:25 am
Why would you hold out your top scorer in a win or go home situation? I'm confused...
Life lesson indeed! No player is more important than the team!

BoxNOne

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 23, 2017, 06:28:25 am

Pit, I am with you on this one.

BigLion10

I remember the great Frank McClellan once saying never make rules that keep your best players in the bleachers on Friday nights

Head Lion

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 23, 2017, 07:36:21 am
I remember the great Frank McClellan once saying never make rules that keep your best players in the bleachers on Friday nights
He personally told me the same thing 20 years back.

Longfellow

Quote from: Head Lion on February 23, 2017, 07:37:52 am
He personally told me the same thing 20 years back.
Most great coaches would tell you that. One of my professors, who was an assistant at Duke with Coach K, said the same thing last week in class

ZoneBuster

Since exactly zero of these kids (most likely) are going to play professional sports, teaching and keeping high standards is more important. High school sports is more than just winning fellas. This isn't the NBA or even college ball.

The Coach would lose a lot of respect if he had team rules but disregarded them for the star. What does that say for he and his standards? Players would quickly lose respect and run over him.

Chunkyator99

Sad to see them go.. They were going to be put out soon anyways.

ZoneBuster

Also doesn't sound like the star was focused on taking care of business and focusing on the post season.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Paperman on February 23, 2017, 07:05:39 am
Life lesson indeed! No player is more important than the team!

Yea but the problem with it is if the opponent was an obvious powerhouse the discipline would have probably been delayed. First round of regionals coach probably thought he could get by without the kid. I'd never punish a kid by taking him off the court because his skills are apart of the teams chemistry and he owes that to the effort each night.The Legendary Coach Otis Barker would have just broke out that wooden board in front of the team and you'd just have to take it like a man or you were beyond discipline and would no longer be apart of the team. Players need to play at game time, that's how I see it.

Head Lion

I personally saw Coach Barker give some love taps one night. OMG, I know those tails were on fire for a week.

jackets101

Quote from: Pit Bull on February 23, 2017, 09:28:05 am
Yea but the problem with it is if the opponent was an obvious powerhouse the discipline would have probably been delayed. First round of regionals coach probably thought he could get by without the kid. I'd never punish a kid by taking him off the court because his skills are apart of the teams chemistry and he owes that to the effort each night.The Legendary Coach Otis Barker would have just broke out that wooden board in front of the team and you'd just have to take it like a man or you were beyond discipline and would no longer be apart of the team. Players need to play at game time, that's how I see it.
if a player skips practice then their best interest is somewhere else than the team. Clinton also didn't have an impact player. The player put himself in this situation

870baller15

I heard something else. I heard the kid had fluid on his knee which he has had problems with in the past. This is just what I heard but it came from a very reliable source.

Pit Bull

Head Lion

I heard it was a knee issue as well.

501Arkansas

No he didn't play because he missed Sunday and Monday practice

neaguru

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 23, 2017, 05:12:18 pm
No he didn't play because he missed Sunday and Monday practice
Why would he miss both practices for? Biggest game of the season and he misses both practices before it.

501Arkansas

Quote from: neaguru on February 23, 2017, 05:21:03 pm
Why would he miss both practices for? Biggest game of the season and he misses both practices before it.
I have no idea smh

ISU7

Paperman

Quote from: Chunkyator99 on February 23, 2017, 09:04:04 am
Sad to see them go.. They were going to be put out soon anyways.
By who? Clinton could play them  9 more times and would lose all nine! They played a horrible game! End of story! Should have won by 20 without #2!

501Arkansas

Great season seminoles hold your heads up high come even harder next year. Learn and build from this season. But Osceola will return everyone but 2 Sr so they going to be just find. See you guys next year.

biglion1985

Oh yeah I honestly believe that they will be back in full force next season don't hang your down pick it up and best of luck next season

jackets101

Quote from: Paperman on February 24, 2017, 11:17:59 pm
By who? Clinton could play them  9 more times and would lose all nine! They played a horrible game! End of story! Should have won by 20 without #2!
that's a bit of a stretch there

Paperman

I don't see it that way! The Seminoles beat that team that rolled the Jackets by 29 last night three times this year! They just laid a serious egg at the wrong time!

biglion1985

Paperman in the LIONS defense even though we lost three times to the NOLES this year we were a play here and there away from coming away with a victory in at least two of those three games

Paperman

No need to defend the Lions! Still hooping! Good team, great kids, and outstanding coaching! Best wishes to Manila tonight and next week!

ISU7

If #2 for the Noles had played Clinton would've been back home Wednesday night, but he didnt. Clinton won and they move on. Good Luck in state  to all the teams from region 3.
Keep hooping.🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀

biglion1985

Paperman and ISU7 thanks but both teams will be in the hunt next year

jackets101

Quote from: Paperman on February 25, 2017, 01:12:10 pm
I don't see it that way! The Seminoles beat that team that rolled the Jackets by 29 last night three times this year! They just laid a serious egg at the wrong time!
Clinton laid a serious egg at the wrong time is right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas