• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pioneer Football

Started by MDXPHD, November 18, 2016, 10:00:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

People had dropped Batesville out of their top 10 at times this season. We heard about how bad their defense was. How they struggled against Mountain Home and Nettleton. But, after the Wynne game, they came together and are playing some good football. It happens every year. They peak late in the season. Also, LRC played a great game...but came up just a little short.

Congrats to Batesville on 7 straight Thanksgiving day practices!

PA Dad

Some may have doubted Batesville, but I didn't.  I predicted several times that Batesville would be playing in late November.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2016, 10:02:59 pm
Some may have doubted Batesville, but I didn't.  I predicted several times that Batesville would be playing in late November.

You did. I remember it. You are one of the few that remember how Batesville works each season. I look forward to the game next week.

TNT_15

To be fair that was he weakest group of 4 ever for them to get to final four. Morilton doent forfit those games and batesville would have been done 2 weeks ago. If they had not brought their refs to this game vs Lrc then they would have been done this week. But a final four is a final four right.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 18, 2016, 10:06:24 pm
To be fair that was he weakest group of 4 ever for them to get to final four. Morilton doent forfit those games and batesville would have been done 2 weeks ago. If they had not brought their refs to this game vs Lrc then they would have been done this week. But a final four is a final four right.

lol

Lrc would've been beaten like hippies vs the national guard in the bottom half of the bracket

TNT_15

Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on November 18, 2016, 10:09:24 pm
lol

Lrc would've been beaten like hippies vs the national guard in the bottom half of the bracket
Not saying they would not have been. It was the weakes to
Of the four groups Lrc could not have beaten any other of the high seeds in any other groups.

MDXPHD

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 13, 2016, 10:11:09 am
Lrc should win easily. They will continue to get looked over and continue to win. This is a very good team. 49-31 lrca

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 13, 2016, 08:06:10 pm
Basesville won't get past LRC

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 14, 2016, 05:16:16 pm
Lrc almost gave a pa like dominance. One more game and we can see LRC pa again. Whag fun for the Lrc kids. Haha

Don't worry about giving Batesville credit. We will practice next week while y'all turn your pads back in. How's your basketball team looking this season?

TNT_15

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:12:08 pm
Don't worry about giving Batesville credit. We will practice next week while y'all turn your pads back in. How's your basketball team looking this season?
Ehhhhhhh average. Tough conference for basketball that we don't really match up for. Doubt we make playoffs.

TNT_15

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:12:08 pm
But hey yall did play great. That 4th down fake punt was amazing and well exicuted. Now that im over last night I hope yall beat pa. Good luck and go get em.

Grond

Batesville certainly has a lot to be proud of, especially with their accomplishments in the playoffs.

In an age when it is so easy to take a single picture or video, and proclaim an athlete a "star", Batesville still plays TEAM football. The coaching staff works to improve the performance of ALL their players; in turn, the coaches reward the players by putting them in a position to act.

Want to have a consistently competitive football program? The coaches must do more than work with the top athletes; you have to make the Average players Good, and (more importantly) the Poor players Average. This gives young men the confidence to perform the required tasks on the Field.

Examples of the Batesville coaching philosophy are the 2015 Blytheville game and the 2016 Wynne game. Batesville got 'blown out' in both games; but they retained the personality of their team. The players did not get out-of-control; they continued to work their play system.

Batesville has earned their position in the Play-offs.

Red Devil Alum

FYI, PA hasn't moved that wall so tread lightly on the home sidelines.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 23, 2016, 02:23:03 pm
FYI, PA hasn't moved that wall so tread lightly on the home sidelines.

Anyone who's watched us since the start of the 2015 season knows we don't run to the left when going East to West, and we always run left when going in the opposite direction.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 23, 2016, 02:54:53 pm
Anyone who's watched us since the start of the 2015 season knows we don't run to the left when going East to West, and we always run left when going in the opposite direction.
Smart.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Grond on November 23, 2016, 12:48:31 pm
Batesville certainly has a lot to be proud of, especially with their accomplishments in the playoffs.

In an age when it is so easy to take a single picture or video, and proclaim an athlete a "star", Batesville still plays TEAM football. The coaching staff works to improve the performance of ALL their players; in turn, the coaches reward the players by putting them in a position to act.

Want to have a consistently competitive football program? The coaches must do more than work with the top athletes; you have to make the Average players Good, and (more importantly) the Poor players Average. This gives young men the confidence to perform the required tasks on the Field.

I agree with all of this. It is also a good description of what Coach Kelly's staff does with the kids at PA.

Gonna be a great game Friday!!

Examples of the Batesville coaching philosophy are the 2015 Blytheville game and the 2016 Wynne game. Batesville got 'blown out' in both games; but they retained the personality of their team. The players did not get out-of-control; they continued to work their play system.

Batesville has earned their position in the Play-offs.

Grond

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 23, 2016, 08:08:33 pm

I agree. I would say that Batesville is very similar to Pulaski Academy in terms of player execution and discipline.

Chief_Osceola™

So is the shallow wall PA's version of the 12th man?

Yellowcake

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 23, 2016, 10:13:22 pm
So is the shallow wall PA's version of the 12th man?

All of the sidelines at PA are tight, and the brick wall on the southwest side is now covered in pads.

Most games we don't need a 12th man. In fact, we could probably win with just 9 or 10 a lot of the time.

Insert smiley faces.

Steve Perry 2.11

The_Pioneer

Yellowcake

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas