• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg @ Pea Ridge Quaterfinals

Started by Sports Guru, November 18, 2016, 09:28:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quaterfinals Matchup Vote

Hamburg Lions 9-3
16 (34.8%)
Pea Ridge Blackhawks 11-1
30 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: November 25, 2016, 09:05:25 pm

dukes424

Looking forward to a good game. I'm sure glad we got it at home man I'm just getting rested up from that Nasville trip and I'm running out of vacation days. Ive been watching video on all the teams left today and there are gonna be some interesting match ups.

2horsesANDmydog!

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2016, 03:10:30 pm
2014 Warren beat Dardanelle to go to state
Sorry, I was thinking of Pottsville vs Warren 2015. I got to start keeping up with those northern teams. They are starting to make noise.

prHOG13

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 20, 2016, 03:06:02 pm
Not at all! I personally have great respect for PR, PG and the rest of Northern AR football. A decade or so ago, no one gave much respect to any 4-A football team outside of Boonville. But lately those programs have done a 360. 2014 I believe was the year that PG was one play away from dumping Warren and going on to its first title shot.
PR is the real deal....they have proven that. That's why 1 or 2 mistakes in this game may be the deciding factor. I just like Hamburg because I have a personal tie to them and I think that over the past few weeks thier improvements will be enough to take them to WMS. This is the farthest this team have ever made it in the playoffs and these boys really think they can win.
A 360 takes us right back to where we started  ;)

JoshuaRug13

I have watched every Pea Ridge game this year.  I am a member of the band for Pea Ridge.

I was really ticked off to have to travel to Nashville in what I thought would be another beat down just like last year.  However I had overlooked the fact that the players at my school were really confident that they could find some weakness in Nashville. 

They exposed Nashville all night with many different looks that I have not seen all year.  When Nashville started to figure out a certain look, Pea Ridge had another one to fool them again.  Don't think if you are Hamburg fan that this is going to be a great matchup for you. 

Pea Ridge studies the tape all week, the coach has many different exotic plays that weren't used all year against certain teams, and of course the Blackhawks play hard.  Hamburg is going to be in for a real surprise next week.

For me, I see Hamburg hanging around for a half.  Then, as Pea Ridge has done ALL YEAR, the Blackhawks will come out with adjustments to pull away from Hamburg.  I talked to one of the players on the team for Pea Ridge, and I can tell they aren't overlooking anyone, but also feel disrespected and out to prove something.  So, good luck Hamburg beating the motivated Blackhawks, cause they are really playing angry and with nothing to lose.

Pea Ridge 28
Hamburg 17

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 20, 2016, 06:54:12 pm
I have watched every Pea Ridge game this year.  I am a member of the band for Pea Ridge.

I was really ticked off to have to travel to Nashville in what I thought would be another beat down just like last year.  However I had overlooked the fact that the players at my school were really confident that they could find some weakness in Nashville. 

They exposed Nashville all night with many different looks that I have not seen all year.  When Nashville started to figure out a certain look, Pea Ridge had another one to fool them again.  Don't think if you are Hamburg fan that this is going to be a great matchup for you. 

Pea Ridge studies the tape all week, the coach has many different exotic plays that weren't used all year against certain teams, and of course the Blackhawks play hard.  Hamburg is going to be in for a real surprise next week.

For me, I see Hamburg hanging around for a half.  Then, as Pea Ridge has done ALL YEAR, the Blackhawks will come out with adjustments to pull away from Hamburg.  I talked to one of the players on the team for Pea Ridge, and I can tell they aren't overlooking anyone, but also feel disrespected and out to prove something.  So, good luck Hamburg beating the motivated Blackhawks, cause they are really playing angry and with nothing to lose.

Pea Ridge 28
Hamburg 17
Always good to hear the bands angle on big games.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2016, 03:10:30 pm
2014 Warren beat Dardanelle to go to state
Correct, and it wasn't for a shot at the title...that was the real title game.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 20, 2016, 07:10:42 pm
Always good to hear the bands angle on big games.

Yeah, I will tell you the trip to Nashville was really long, boring and horrible honestly lol.  Glad we get to stay home for this next one lol...

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 20, 2016, 06:54:12 pm

Pea Ridge 28
Hamburg 17
all year except PG.if Hamburg plays like their capable watch out

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 20, 2016, 09:10:00 pm
all year except PG.if Hamburg plays like their capable watch out

No I watched that game.  Pea Ridge was playing them well until we gave them free points with INT either returned for TDs or putting them in short fields.  Same can be said with Hamburg and Warren if we point that out.  I certainly think that Hamburg is a team that PR needs to be wary of, but they are not PG or Nashville or even Arky...

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 20, 2016, 09:50:33 pm
No I watched that game.  Pea Ridge was playing them well until we gave them free points with INT either returned for TDs or putting them in short fields.  Same can be said with Hamburg and Warren if we point that out.  I certainly think that Hamburg is a team that PR needs to be wary of, but they are not PG or Nashville or even Arky...
That's right...Hamburg plays in a tough conference unlike Nashville and Arkadelphia...Ashdown should have beaten Nashville and Hamburg did beat Ashdown. Our 5th seed could play with most 2 and 3 seeds in the state....BE CAREFUL

hootingowl

Sure am pulling for hamburg but truthfully I think they will get blown out in this one after seeing what pea ridge did to the so called #1 team in state. PEA RIDGE 49 hamburg 14

cdl

Sorry Hamburg but the Black Hawks will win by at least 21...  On a positive note you must try the grilled hamburgers at Pea Ridge.... Best in the conference hands down!!! 

So do tell us more about these Burgers $aint

prHOG13

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 21, 2016, 12:06:48 am
That's right...Hamburg plays in a tough conference unlike Nashville and Arkadelphia...Ashdown should have beaten Nashville and Hamburg did beat Ashdown. Our 5th seed could play with most 2 and 3 seeds in the state....BE CAREFUL
Your 4 seed got absolutely smoked by the 4A-1's 3 seed. I don't think your 5 seed would fare much better.

Ole Legend

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 21, 2016, 09:17:50 am
Your 4 seed got absolutely smoked by the 4A-1's 3 seed. I don't think your 5 seed would fare much better.

We don't have a passing game. If they stop the run they will beat us by 3 touchdowns.  ;D

2horsesANDmydog!

Hamburg for most are the underdogs in this game. Works for us, because we've been the underdogs all year long, yet we are still here. I'm getting ready to park the big rig in a few hours, grabbing a rental and head south to support my boys and the Lions.
This is the playoffs,  and if you are still playing this late into November,  you are not a UNDERDOG you are a legit contender for the title. My respect to PR and their improved program, but the Lions are ready for what ever you got to give.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 21, 2016, 11:42:07 am
Hamburg for most are the underdogs in this game. Works for us, because we've been the underdogs all year long, yet we are still here. I'm getting ready to park the big rig in a few hours, grabbing a rental and head south to support my boys and the Lions.
This is the playoffs,  and if you are still playing this late into November,  you are not a UNDERDOG you are a legit contender for the title. My respect to PR and their improved program, but the Lions are ready for what ever you got to give.

Same could easily be said for Pea Ridge...don't think that our boys are going to be overlooking Hamburg...

If Pea Ridge didn't play hard, how could they have beaten the #1 team in 4A on a 26 game win streak? 

kjjackson

My numbers say Pea Ridge has a better offense and defense, with home field too. I don't see much of a game here.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: kjjackson on November 21, 2016, 12:11:39 pm
My numbers say Pea Ridge has a better offense and defense, with home field too. I don't see much of a game here.
Keep on relying on numbers...lol..count us out...that's what we want.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 21, 2016, 12:19:27 pm
Keep on relying on numbers...lol..count us out...that's what we want.

I don't think anyone is counting you out, but I do think there are plenty of intangibles that point to a PR victory in this one.  Hamburg will play tough I am sure, but PR will have the advantage.  It will be tough for Hamburg, but they are certainty capable...

Youknowwhothisis

The whole Underdog thing doesn't work here... Pea Ridge was a huge underdog, so you can't have an underdog vs an underdog, it doesn't work

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 21, 2016, 09:17:50 am
I didn't say all 2 and 3 seeds. I said most. Our 5 seed took a 2 seed to overtime and let it slip at the end.

prHOG13

Watching the Gravette/Hamburg game and my goodness did Gravette gift wrap Hamburg their first 21 points. Snapper sends one over the punters head, first down Hamburg inside the Gravette 8 yard line. Terrible punt and coverage, Hamburg returns it ~35 yards for a TD. Pass to TE that hits him squarely in the chest and bounces to a Hamburg defender, who returns it inside the Gravette 5. 21 points with less than 20 yards of offense. Then Gravette begins driving the ball down the field and has it around Hamburg's 30 with a 4th and 1 and fumbles the snap.

Impressive

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 21, 2016, 12:57:38 pm
I didn't say all 2 and 3 seeds. I said most. Our 5 seed took a 2 seed to overtime and let it slip at the end.

I don't really look at past games as a level of how good teams are.  Anybody can beat anybody on any given day!  Just look at the 7A!  Bentonville almost lost to LR Catholic in the first round! 

All in all, both Hamburg and Pea Ridge play in good divisions, and both teams should be proud to make it to the quarterfinals! 

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 21, 2016, 12:59:22 pm
Watching the Gravette/Hamburg game and my goodness did Gravette gift wrap Hamburg their first 21 points. Snapper sends one over the punters head, first down Hamburg inside the Gravette 8 yard line. Terrible punt and coverage, Hamburg returns it ~35 yards for a TD. Pass to TE that hits him squarely in the chest and bounces to a Hamburg defender, who returns it inside the Gravette 5. 21 points with less than 20 yards of offense. Then Gravette begins driving the ball down the field and has it around Hamburg's 30 with a 4th and 1 and fumbles the snap.

Impressive

Noticed that as well.  When we played them, we played really sloppy and still won big at Gravette.  Gravette is hardly a strong team that someone should be backing up on...

MUFASA #2

We have to play better offensively to win this game, out defense has made our not have to work as hard last few games.. PR is going to be hard to stop so we have to put some points up to have a chance. Should be a good game I think will be decided in 4th quarter.   

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: MUFASA #2 on November 21, 2016, 01:08:42 pm
We have to play better offensively to win this game, out defense has made our not have to work as hard last few games.. PR is going to be hard to stop so we have to put some points up to have a chance. Should be a good game I think will be decided in 4th quarter.   

Hamburg needs Turnovers.  Like NEEDS it.  If you look at the close games PR has played, or the blowout to PG, the other team forced turnovers.  If Hamburg wants to have a chance, they must force at least 2-3 turnovers and not turn it over themselves.  If you don't force turnovers against PR, it's over.  Just ask Nashville...

MUFASA #2

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 01:10:38 pm
Hamburg needs Turnovers.  Like NEEDS it.  If you look at the close games PR has played, or the blowout to PG, the other team forced turnovers.  If Hamburg wants to have a chance, they must force at least 2-3 turnovers and not turn it over themselves.  If you don't force turnovers against PR, it's over.  Just ask Nashville...
Our Defense is better than Nashville, but we do need to force turnovers and hold on some 3rd downs and force some punts, out offense can clik at times, but allot of the times is sloppy. We have to bring all 4 quarters to this game to have a chance.   

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 01:02:38 pm
Noticed that as well.  When we played them, we played really sloppy and still won big at Gravette.  Gravette is hardly a strong team that someone should be backing up on...

Very true, Shiloh was up 39-0 at the half on Gravette... 

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: MUFASA #2 on November 21, 2016, 01:13:16 pm
Our Defense is better than Nashville, but we do need to force turnovers and hold on some 3rd downs and force some punts, out offense can clik at times, but allot of the times is sloppy. We have to bring all 4 quarters to this game to have a chance.

Yeah if you don't play all 4 quarters, you are done for.  All it takes is one quarter of a mind lapse and PR will put 20+ on you in a hurry.  I think it is key Hamburg scores first or has a 3 point lead or only down by 3 at halftime.  That will show that they came to play.  But if PR gets off to a fast start...consider it over.

MUFASA #2

Yea we can't let PR jump out first and get a big lead that would be hard to come back on. Been awhile since we have been this far. Hoping for a good game. Been allot of teams go down that we didn't think would so far. PR win over Nashville was very impressive.   

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: MUFASA #2 on November 21, 2016, 01:21:14 pm
Yea we can't let PR jump out first and get a big lead that would be hard to come back on. Been awhile since we have been this far. Hoping for a good game. Been allot of teams go down that we didn't think would so far. PR win over Nashville was very impressive.   

Agreed.  Hoping for a good game as well.  Both teams deserve a shot at the state, but only one can advance sadly...

MUFASA #2

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 01:23:04 pm
Agreed.  Hoping for a good game as well.  Both teams deserve a shot at the state, but only one can advance sadly...
Yep hope it's Hamburg right? Lol

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: MUFASA #2 on November 21, 2016, 08:35:21 pm
Yep hope it's Hamburg right? Lol

If I were a Hamburg fan yes, but for me, expecting a close game, but always hoping for PR to come out and beat someone 80-0 (which won't happen this game lol...just what I hope happens each game for the BlackHawks)

MUFASA #2

Long drive for us yal need to dress some purple and white fans up and sit on our side. We would do the same for you guys lol.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on November 21, 2016, 12:29:04 pm
The whole Underdog thing doesn't work here... Pea Ridge was a huge underdog, so you can't have an underdog vs an underdog, it doesn't work
Hootens.com says we are the underdog...so that argument is over.

Youknowwhothisis

Pea Ridge will not treat you like the underdog they'll prepare as if you were fayettville

Sports Guru

Everyone get ya vote in on the poll it is now up

MUFASA #2

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 12:24:53 pm
I don't think anyone is counting you out, but I do think there are plenty of intangibles that point to a PR victory in this one.  Hamburg will play tough I am sure, but PR will have the advantage.  It will be tough for Hamburg, but they are certainty capable...
I tell ya what for a band member you talk pretty darn good football! What do you play in the band? Do a little spin and flip out there at half time for us so us Hamburg fans will know who you are!

Ole Legend

Is Hamburg planning on leaving Thursday or Friday? It would suck to drive the whole thing Friday, but at the same time you want the kids home for thanksgiving.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: MUFASA #2 on November 21, 2016, 10:45:47 pm
I tell ya what for a band member you talk pretty darn good football! What do you play in the band? Do a little spin and flip out there at half time for us so us Hamburg fans will know who you are!

I play the snare drum...I'll give you guys a little wave if you want.  Lol and thanks...I use to play football but found out I am better at band and the rest is history  :)

JoshuaRug13

This thread is for people to talk about why either Pea Ridge will beat Hamburg or why Hamburg will upset Pea Ridge...

cuckoobird

JoshuaRug13

Quick question...

What happened with ENGLAND?  Like that is the loss that really stands out to me for Hamburg.  Also the Warren game was not very competitive either.  Can I get an explanation for why Hamburg was so noncompetitive in both of those games?

$aintMaximu$

I would like to know from the Hamburg guys why it took them OT team beat Crossett...  A team our 3 seed mercy ruled... If they are similar in competition the Blackhawks will win by 35+....

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 22, 2016, 01:45:50 pm
I would like to know from the Hamburg guys why it took them OT team beat Crossett...  A team our 3 seed mercy ruled... If they are similar in competition the Blackhawks will win by 35+....

Oh yes and don't forget the loss to a 2A school and the 61-24 shanking at the hands of Warren...

prHOG13

November 22, 2016, 02:21:26 pm #96 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:25:09 pm by prHOG13
Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 22, 2016, 01:36:34 pm
Quick question...

What happened with ENGLAND?  Like that is the loss that really stands out to me for Hamburg.  Also the Warren game was not very competitive either.  Can I get an explanation for why Hamburg was so noncompetitive in both of those games?
England is a very good 2A team and has a D1 prospect on their team in BJ Thompson that has offers from Kansas, Cincinnati, Army, Ark State, La Tech, and others. They're kinda like a Junction City in years past

AirWarren

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 22, 2016, 09:00:45 am
I play the snare drum...I'll give you guys a little wave if you want.  Lol and thanks...I use to play football but found out I am better at band and the rest is history  :)

Snare drum seems like it would be fun to play.

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 22, 2016, 01:36:34 pm
Quick question...

Warren is good and has excellent coaching to go along with very good athletes.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 22, 2016, 02:53:53 pm
Warren is good and has excellent coaching to go along with very good athletes.

Warren might as well lay down. People have already discounted us.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas