• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado at Greenwood Rematch

Started by The Future, November 12, 2016, 11:34:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

El Dorado travels up to Greenwood for the third time in the playoffs. Last time these two met in November, the Cats stunned the Bulldogs by playing their best game the whole season and won by 10.

This time around, Greenwood I'm sure will be favored again. Especially after mercy ruling them back earlier in the season.
Even with their injuries, the Cats took down a Marion team who has been impressing people all season. And will be looking to pull the huge upset win and advance to the semis. I'm sure Jones will keep in mind the 2014 game as these seniors were sophomores that year and use that as motivation.

I think the Cats will bring their all and could make it a somewhat interesting game.

Greenwood 49
El Dorado 17

Pr8hd

ED got a few players back but not sure who they had or did not have at the time of the first meeting. I also think they are hopeful for a return of another too, I read.

ricepig

I guess a somewhat interesting game to GW fans is a 32pt win, lol. It's playoff time, things get a little more interesting.

Pr8hd

I expected it to be ED who GW faced. I think its capable of being a different game this go-round. It's playoff time so nothing would make for a mostly disappointing, frustrating season than a deep playoff run. Hopefully, GW doesn't have the "Bye Week Hangover" since the routines all changed.  I think GW wins, but it won't be a mercy rule is my guess. ED was the last team to come to Smith Robinson and walk away with a win in November 2014 and that ED team certainly was not a juggernaut. The common denominator is they still have Reed at HC.

The Future

Quote from: ricepig on November 12, 2016, 11:53:08 am
I guess a somewhat interesting game to GW fans is a 32pt win, lol. It's playoff time, things get a little more interesting.

Touche lol

Hey I've seen 3 or 4 TD win spread games that were very entertaining and I've seen low scoring win-by-a-field-goal games be boring as heck. I was just meaning with 2 great coaches and 2 teams with as much tradition, confidence, and fanbases as these two, anything is possible.

gatecrasher

Starting QB back. No turnovers last night.
Both of the D-1 defensive linemen played last night. The defense iwas what was supposed to be the strength of this team this year and they've shown up the last two games, holding both Texarkana and Marion to under 200 yds of offense.

With that being said, the Cats will have to force multiple turnovers and be the more physical team to have a chance at an upset. Realistically I think we are at least a year away from restoring order in the 6A.

Hornet4ever

Gwood 42

El Do 20

Same song, different dance. El Dorado will give some resistance, but in the end Greenwood will prevail.

rona

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 13, 2016, 05:43:21 am
Gwood 42

El Do 20

Same song, different dance. El Dorado will give some resistance, but in the end Greenwood will prevail.

+1  Too much O Firepower and much improved D coming from D.

Coach Venny Slocombe

This game will be closer than people think...

Hornet4ever

Dad of Future Dog

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 13, 2016, 05:31:15 pm

At this stage of the game, NO ONE can be written off.  I FULLY expect ElDo to be a greatly improved team, as I also expect the Dogs to to be improved from our previous matchup.

I know it is an old saying about how hard it is to beat the same opponent twice in the same year.

None the less, I do expect a Dog win with a better game between the two.

Just hope for safe travels, I know that from here ElDo is one LONG haul

Lumberjackfan1978

The dogs will win again this time but maybe a little closer

2000ZEBRA

WPWells

Quote from: Dad of Future Dog on November 13, 2016, 08:47:51 pm
At this stage of the game, NO ONE can be written off.  I FULLY expect ElDo to be a greatly improved team, as I also expect the Dogs to to be improved from our previous matchup.

I know it is an old saying about how hard it is to beat the same opponent twice in the same year.

None the less, I do expect a Dog win with a better game between the two.

Just hope for safe travels, I know that from here ElDo is one LONG haul

In a rematch, the team that won the first matchup wins the second matchup around 2/3 of the time.

Wildcat Football

ED has a pretty solid DLine but not as good as Russellville team.  Wildcats have been hard to predict this year, but returning players do help.  The Marion win was a surprise, pretty close at halftime with score being 10-3.  I think this game will be close early, but GW pulls away in the second half.  Then PB next week, should be a good one for fans and players.  I do hope ED finds the will to make this one interesting this Friday.  Go Wildcats and good luck!

Pr8hd

Quote from: Fred Bird on November 13, 2016, 10:41:57 pm
In a rematch, the team that won the first matchup wins the second matchup around 2/3 of the time.

I think GW wins, but it'll be closer and ED will not go quietly. GW has played some common conference opponents and then again in playoffs.  In 2005 they played Morrilton. GW beat them badly in the regular season and in the playoffs (title game) it was a close game. In 2007, GW lost big to LRC, then in the title game beat them. So, while the odds say the team that won first normally whens the second, it's not always the case historically. ED has to come ready to play and not let the travel affect them. GW also must be ready to play and not let the bye affect them.  2 good coaches who know how to win. Look forward to it. GW needs to win and stay healthy for a possible showdown with PB in semi's. 

There were a couple of times GW did that with Parkview then played again in playoffs, but don't really count those too much.

P.F.G.

GW by 17. The bulldogs are on a mission, a mission from God.

sportsguy80

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 14, 2016, 01:12:11 pm
GW by 17. The bulldogs are on a mission, a mission from God.
Jake and Elwood lol.

Granny4two

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on November 12, 2016, 11:34:21 am
El Dorado travels up to Greenwood for the third time in the playoffs. Last time these two met in November, the Cats stunned the Bulldogs by playing their best game the whole season and won by 10.

This time around, Greenwood I'm sure will be favored again. Especially after mercy ruling them back earlier in the season.
Even with their injuries, the Cats took down a Marion team who has been impressing people all season. And will be looking to pull the huge upset win and advance to the semis. I'm sure Jones will keep in mind the 2014 game as these seniors were sophomores that year and use that as motivation.

I think the Cats will bring their all and could make it a somewhat interesting game.

Greenwood 49
El Dorado 17
+1  Coach Rick Jones will have the Bulldogs firing on all cylinders. The Bulldogs offense is playing VERY fast and will be hard to contain. GW's defense will get a couple early turnovers and this one will get ugly quick. Could easily be another mercy rule victory for the Bulldogs!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

I'm calling it just to hear bulldogger15 curse me out

Eldorado 30
Greenwood 27

bulldogger15

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on November 15, 2016, 08:42:52 am
I'm calling it just to hear bulldogger15 curse me out

Eldorado 30
Greenwood 27
Not-A-Chance. You should BEG for the Bulldogs to win so Pine Bluff can come to Greenwood and show the Bulldogs who the REAL BOSS is. Right?

Get realz Cardinal Parade...

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 13, 2016, 05:31:15 pm

I agree

Greenwood 63
Eldo           10

Dad of Future Dog

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 15, 2016, 01:18:32 pm
I agree

Greenwood 63
Eldo           10

+1
STEVE,,,,,,, good to see you again. How is the band and the smokes going?  been drinking and racing lately?   I do like your predictions, it is nice to see some "old" blood"

The Future

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 15, 2016, 01:18:32 pm
I agree

Greenwood 63
Eldo           10

Drinks on me if this comes to pass  :D

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on November 15, 2016, 01:41:45 pm
Drinks on me if this comes to pass  :D
I hope you get several dozen bottles of whine. The Pine Bluff faithful will need it next week.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

The Future

zebrafan

Wildcat_Booster

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Dad of Future Dog on November 15, 2016, 01:36:17 pm
+1
STEVE,,,,,,, good to see you again. How is the band and the smokes going?  been drinking and racing lately?   I do like your predictions, it is nice to see some "old" blood"

Band is good. Still drinking and smoking. Not as much racing these days....too hard on the spine....

I'm drinking right now. Who says you can't have a 12 pack before 10:00 A.M.

Quote from: The Future on November 15, 2016, 08:43:20 pm
I see what you did there

;D

High Voltage

Greenwood will win this I believe but in a much closer fashion. But if we get in trouble we can always rely on ole Bulldoggy to suit up and help us out. He was a great athlete back in his day! haha! NOT!

PrivateLesson

I'm lost   ???

Cupcakes 32
Runner up t-shirts 21

Overdahill

Its hard to be optimistic for Eldo when Gate isn't huffing and puffing. Im going with GW by 21

PrivateLesson

I know!  I'm not used to the game threads being so mundane between Greenwood and Eldo.   I think G will win but it just seems kind of suspicious for all the Eldo fans to be silent.   Trick play, maybe? 

bulldogger15

November 16, 2016, 10:59:30 pm #34 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:01:05 pm by bulldogger15
Quote from: High Voltage on November 16, 2016, 04:57:17 pm
Greenwood will win this I believe but in a much closer fashion. But if we get in trouble we can always rely on ole Bulldoggy to suit up and help us out. He was a great athlete back in his day! haha! NOT!
I'd like to see you suit up today for the Bulldogs Low Wattage. That Clarks Chapel Road diet you've been on hasn't served you very well at all! Luckily the Dixie Bell closed down or it could've been a lot worse.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

thebigshot

PrivateLesson

Quote from: thebigshot on November 17, 2016, 07:12:03 am
greenwood privilege

Yay!!!  It's thebigshot!   Glad you decided to grace the board with your presence:) lol! 

Pr8hd

November 17, 2016, 08:54:25 am #37 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:01:04 am by Pr8hd
It will be interesting to see how many travel to the game from ED and what GW's own home crowd is like. The quarterfinal game has a tendency to be not a strong one attendance wise from the GW faithful. In part, this is because of deer season and also, because they have been lulled into a sense that it's only a quarterfinal game against an opponent they don't always regard as highly as they should.

It's like they have bye week hangover too. They normally come out strong for the semi finals game due to the significance (1 step from the Rock)  and the opponent is usually more formidable. The monsoon/cold weather against Benton last year in the semis along with the availability of the live stream feed squelched the crowd size big time.

I hope the fans come out for to support both teams in full force. They better take advantage as it will be one of only 2 possible remaining opportunities left to see GW @ home.   

rona

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 17, 2016, 08:54:25 am
It will be interesting to see how many travel to the game from ED and what GW's own home crowd is like. The quarterfinal game has a tendency to be not a strong one attendance wise from the GW faithful. In part, this is because of deer season and also, because they have been lulled into a sense that it's only a quarterfinal game against an opponent they don't always regard as highly as they should.

It's like they have bye week hangover too. They normally come out strong for the semi finals game due to the significance (1 step from the Rock)  and the opponent is usually more formidable. The monsoon/cold weather against Benton last year in the semis along with the availability of the live stream feed squelched the crowd size big time.

I hope the fans come out for to support both teams in full force. They better take advantage as it will be one of only 2 possible remaining opportunities left to see GW @ home.

+1  Safe travels to ElDo Fans!!!

thebigshot

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 17, 2016, 07:22:42 am
Yay!!!  It's thebigshot!   Glad you decided to grace the board with your presence:) lol! 

Did you miss me my long long lost love? You pee your pants yet? I got a feeling we are about to be there !!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: thebigshot on November 17, 2016, 03:30:06 pm

Did you miss me my long long lost love? You pee your pants yet? I got a feeling we are about to be there !!!

You know it baby....just like a tooth ache! lol!:)   I hope you enjoy the game tomorrow and the long ride back home.   It's been kinda lonesome with all the Eldo fans so quiet this year.  Maybe the Bulldogs will let you have a ring pop for being so nice.

Glad your back and Good luck to your team.

High Voltage

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 16, 2016, 10:59:30 pm
I'd like to see you suit up today for the Bulldogs Low Wattage. That Clarks Chapel Road diet you've been on hasn't served you very well at all! Luckily the Dixie Bell closed down or it could've been a lot worse.

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Oh yeah, lol, Ole Bulldoggy. Mr. drumstick himself. You gonna take that bet Bulldoggy? Or are you scared to meet? I'm gonna go ahead and say you won't meet. You don't have the balls.

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on November 17, 2016, 09:05:46 pm
Oh yeah, lol, Ole Bulldoggy. Mr. drumstick himself. You gonna take that bet Bulldoggy? Or are you scared to meet? I'm gonna go ahead and say you won't meet. You don't have the balls.
Bigger set than you and your handler put together. Talk about the joke of the town and a disgrace. Your handler is riding around town taking donations for the "Bulldog Foundatin" and acting like the money is his. Pretty classy.... Not.

God rest his soul, but H.B. Stewart saw this scenario coming in 1987. H.B. was a wise man that had no price.

I'll meet Low Wattage. Agree to the conditions smart guy.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

bulldogger15

Steve Perry 2.11

I got $100 on bulldogger......

"c'mon...place your bets"....

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: High Voltage on November 17, 2016, 09:05:46 pm
Or are you scared to meet? I'm gonna go ahead and say you won't meet. You don't have the balls.

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 18, 2016, 12:34:58 am
Bigger set than you and your handler put together. Talk about the joke of the town and a disgrace. Your handler is riding around town taking donations for the "Bulldog Foundatin" and acting like the money is his. Pretty classy.... Not.

I'll meet Low Wattage. Agree to the conditions smart guy.

Hmm.....may skip the Alma game and come on down...

You guys care if i film..

Steve Perry 2.11

All this betting takes me back. I bet I've lost 3 or 4 bets on here over the years where my mouth wrote a check my butt couldn't cash.

I had to delete my account one year. Think I lost a bet with someone from Greenwood.

The Future

"Mouth wrote a check my butt couldn't cash"

Classic!!!

High Voltage

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 18, 2016, 10:33:04 am

I got $100 on bulldogger......

"c'mon...place your bets"....
"You Will Lose", in my best Arnold voice! He will never show. I promise you this bet will never happen. Anybody that can down kids, a coach and the community the way this guy does is a loser, plain and simple. He doesn't have what it takes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas