• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRSD football vs other metro areas

Started by Maynard G Krebs, November 04, 2016, 03:31:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

LRSD football teams (Central, Hall, Parkview, Fair, McClellan) record is 89-277

Pulaski County SSD (Robinson, Jacksonvillle, Mills, Sylvan Hills, Maumelle) 190-174

PB area teams (PB, Dollarway, White Hall, Watson Chapel) record is 197-114

NWA teams (Fayetteville, Springdale, HarBer, Rogers, Heritage, Bentonville, Bentonville West). 296-172

Ft Smith area (Northside, Southside, Greenwood, Alma, Van Buren) 237-170.

Records cited are seasons 2010-present YTD.  Schools are from classifications 7A, 6A, 5A, & 4A.

Not making any kind of statement here, just thought would be interesting to compare the metro areas successes.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 04, 2016, 03:31:58 pm
LRSD football teams (Central, Hall, Parkview, Fair, McClellan) record is 89-277

Pulaski County SSD (Robinson, Jacksonvillle, Mills, Sylvan Hills, Maumelle) 190-174

PB area teams (PB, Dollarway, White Hall, Watson Chapel) record is 197-114

NWA teams (Fayetteville, Springdale, HarBer, Rogers, Heritage, Bentonville, Bentonville West). 296-172

Ft Smith area (Northside, Southside, Greenwood, Alma, Van Buren) 237-170.

Records cited are seasons 2010-present YTD.  Schools are from classifications 7A, 6A, 5A, & 4A.

Not making any kind of statement here, just thought would be interesting to compare the metro areas successes.

+1 some good stuff!

Rob Van Winkle

I remember when people used to fear Central, Hall and Parkview

pigskin

So NLR isn't within LR metro area then? Just sayin... SDs or metro areas?.... Or mix n match to arrive at a desired conclusion? Point taken tho. LR metro public schools have many issues that certainly affect their FB programs.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: pigskin on November 06, 2016, 04:01:15 pm
So NLR isn't within LR metro area then? Just sayin... SDs or metro areas?.... Or mix n match to arrive at a desired conclusion? Point taken tho. LR metro public schools have many issues that certainly affect their FB programs.

No desired conclusions to be made.  Just got to thinking about the LRSD compared to other metro areas.  I didn't include NLR, since they are their own district and went ahead and included Jaxville since until this year they were part of the PCSSD.  Maybe I should have included the NLR record as a separate entity.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 07, 2016, 09:07:49 am
No desired conclusions to be made.  Just got to thinking about the LRSD compared to other metro areas.  I didn't include NLR, since they are their own district and went ahead and included Jaxville since until this year they were part of the PCSSD.  Maybe I should have included the NLR record as a separate entity.

Well it would have made the numbers for the LR Metro better but the conclusion would still be the same... football in public schools in Pulaski county have fallen way behind. 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 07, 2016, 02:43:40 pm
Well it would have made the numbers for the LR Metro better but the conclusion would still be the same... football in public schools in Pulaski county have fallen way behind.

There appears to be some talent in the 5A and 4A level, and some of it's coming from the inner city. Kids want to play for winners, but I don't know when that will return to the inner city schools.

Maynard G Krebs

I don't know the stats, but maybe the some schools have become basketball school, i.e. Parkview?

ricepig

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 07, 2016, 04:07:12 pm
I don't know the stats, but maybe the some schools have become basketball school, i.e. Parkview?

Yeah, both Hall and PV have won numerous basketball titles.

Lions84

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 06, 2016, 07:29:44 am

No doubt and not just in football.  Cursed be Federal Judge Henry Woods.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Lions84 on November 08, 2016, 08:53:36 am
Cursed be Federal Judge Henry Woods.

A lot of people believed that but IMO his ruling actually only delayed the inevitable. The racial make up of the schools was already changing before the ruling the error was thinking that a law would change that. Maybe the law helped (very little) in the way keeping the schools districts diverse...but I think the decline of football in Pulaski county public schools was going to happen anyway.

cuckoobird

So in essence, if you want to move to a football area, Pine Bluff is the place to be

zebradynasty

Naw North Little Rock will cherry pick and then the private schools will get their share!

STBruin

What the AAA needs to do...is add into their transfer rule, that if you change schools within 30 miles of the school you are leaving...automatically ineligible for extra curricular activities...would end a lot of these kids changing schools every year.

Made

Quote from: STBruin on November 14, 2016, 09:06:23 pm
What the AAA needs to do...is add into their transfer rule, that if you change schools within 30 miles of the school you are leaving...automatically ineligible for extra curricular activities...would end a lot of these kids changing schools every year.
Kid goes to school at Lafayette County in Lewisville parents move 29 miles away to magnolia to be closer to work they should have to sit out a year?

Made

OH Coach has a kid in school, school dismisses coach he goes 15 miles down the road to find another job....his kid has to stay there?

Lions84

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 06, 2016, 07:29:44 am

Yep I remember that and when Eastern Ark was feared and the Delta had that 1991 Cotton Belt Sweep.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Lions84 on November 15, 2016, 03:07:30 pm
Yep I remember that and when Eastern Ark was feared and the Delta had that 1991 Cotton Belt Sweep.
Oh yeah I remember those days too!!! Some outstanding players came out of Marianna, Helena-West Helena, Hughes, Parkin, Forrest City and many other towns over there! Played with and against some several of them in college.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: STBruin on November 14, 2016, 09:06:23 pm
If parents make a LEGITIMATE move the kid should play where they end up.  Problem is the AAA doesn't police the rules they have now.  Kid with parents in Fort Smith playing football for Fayetteville shouldn't happen. 

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 17, 2016, 09:19:55 am
If parents make a LEGITIMATE move the kid should play where they end up.  Problem is the AAA doesn't police the rules they have now.  Kid with parents in Fort Smith playing football for Fayetteville shouldn't happen.
Who does FV have from Fort Smith? Just curious

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 17, 2016, 10:47:25 am
Who does FV have from Fort Smith? Just curious
It's been a couple of years ago.  But was one of the most egregious cases of cheating I've seen.

STBruin

To stop it completely...make it a hard line...no ifs ands or buts about it...people bash the private schools for recruiting...but public school kids can play at 3 high schools in 3 years...all in the same county and are eligible...that to me is a JOKE...kids and parents have the " I'll take my ball and go home" mentality...look at the WC and PB situation... kid cusses out his coach on the sideline...gets kicked off the team...parents enroll him at PB...and he is eligible...if the AAA doesn't step up...they just show how big of a joke they are...a ton of other examples in Central Arkansas

zebradynasty

Quote from: STBruin on November 22, 2016, 09:13:39 am
To stop it completely...make it a hard line...no ifs ands or buts about it...people bash the private schools for recruiting...but public school kids can play at 3 high schools in 3 years...all in the same county and are eligible...that to me is a JOKE...kids and parents have the " I'll take my ball and go home" mentality...look at the WC and PB situation... kid cusses out his coach on the sideline...gets kicked off the team...parents enroll him at PB...and he is eligible...if the AAA doesn't step up...they just show how big of a joke they are...a ton of other examples in Central Arkansas

As long as there is no recruiting I don't see the but hurt. It's not AAA job to tell parents what's best for their kids. There are rules in place to make sure move-ins are legitimate as long as they are followed...AAA is doing it's job.

STBruin

Well of course you wouldn't have a problem with it...

ricepig

I think any time you make a bona fide move, you should be eligible. In Jonesboro for family's that rent, that's not a big problem with moving. It happens a little, usually with those not getting playing time at XYZ, but it really few and far between.

zebradynasty

Quote from: STBruin on November 22, 2016, 12:37:00 pm
Well of course you wouldn't have a problem with it...

You shouldn't either! As long as the move meets AAA rules...Funny that no one says jack when our kids transfer out. I'll never condemn a parent for doing what they feel is best for their kid long as they follow the rules.

Lions84

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 08, 2016, 10:41:08 am
A lot of people believed that but IMO his ruling actually only delayed the inevitable. The racial make up of the schools was already changing before the ruling the error was thinking that a law would change that. Maybe the law helped (very little) in the way keeping the schools districts diverse...but I think the decline of football in Pulaski county public schools was going to happen anyway.

Yes it did when Woods thought he should group kids like cattle with no regards to neighborhoods etc.  I was a UALR from 1986-1991 and saw first hand the massive middle finger migration from Pulaski country to Saline as Benton and Bryant blew up over that time. Folks were not going to have thier kids bused by their neighborhood schools to go into LR so we could have a proper mixture of folks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas