• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside @ Fort Smith Northside

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, October 31, 2016, 06:56:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Venny Slocombe

The battle of Rogers Avenue...the battle of the Grizzlies and the Re...errrrr...Mavericks...

This used to be the game of the year...

The last few years the Ole SS guys were talking it up...this year crickets...

Can Southside with a win get in the playoffs?

Northside 35
Southside 21

7AFBFAN

The last two years Northside had the better team and still couldn't figure out how to win. Will this one be any different? Will a win make them relevant for the playoffs? I predict NO in both cases. Go Mavs!

WPWells

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 31, 2016, 06:56:49 pm
The battle of Rogers Avenue...the battle of the Grizzlies and the Re...errrrr...Mavericks...

This used to be the game of the year...

The last few years the Ole SS guys were talking it up...this year crickets...

Can Southside with a win get in the playoffs?

Northside 35
Southside 21

If you're simply asking about scenarios, the answer is yes

7AFBFAN

Fort Smith Southside (3-6, 2-4 7A-Central)

• The Mavericks are the No. 4 seed with a win by nine or more points AND losses by Conway and Cabot.

• They are a No. 5 seed with a win by less than nine points and losses by Conway and Cabot OR if Conway loses and Cabot wins.

• They are a No. 6 seed with a win if Conway wins and Cabot loses OR a loss if Little Rock Catholic loses.

• They are out of the playoffs with a loss and a Catholic win.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I guess that was a stupid question seeing as the 7A takes 6 teams...geeeeeeezzzzz...

If Southside doesn't make the playoffs...now that would be bad...

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 01, 2016, 09:44:17 am
I guess that was a stupid question seeing as the 7A takes 6 teams...geeeeeeezzzzz...

If Southside doesn't make the playoffs...now that would be bad...

Exactly and it is possible. ha.

Walter

Based on what I saw in both teams SS will be lucky if it is not a sportsman rule game.

Pr8hd

Quote from: SardisHog on November 01, 2016, 06:37:15 pm
Based on what I saw in both teams SS will be lucky if it is not a sportsman rule game.

This game is one of the best rivalries in the state even when one team may be down, it's still typically a good game. SS has a "Curse of the Billy Goat" type thing going on on against NS.

The Cubs can potentially break that tonight and perhaps, the karma might carryover into the Battle of Rogers Avenue.   

rona

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 02, 2016, 08:28:26 am
This game is one of the best rivalries in the state even when one team may be down, it's still typically a good game. SS has a "Curse of the Billy Goat" type thing going on on against NS.

The Cubs can potentially break that tonight and perhaps, the karma might carryover into the Battle of Rogers Avenue.

+1

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 01, 2016, 11:44:49 am
Exactly and it is possible. ha.
7A, you and bait are gonna have to step up and get some changes happening up there. This can't continue...

Brian G

Did the NSide admin really send some friendly smack talk to SSide?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 02, 2016, 12:20:40 pm
7A, you and bait are gonna have to step up and get some changes happening up there. This can't continue...

Hey it's all good. I don't see anyone giving up really. The kids and coaches appear to be trying their best. So it is what it is. There will definitely be better years.

Razorback Red

I haven't seen either team play this season, but after NS hung with NLR the way they did, I would think the streak ends tomorrow night.

NS by 14. 

Brian G

Catholic is hammering Central 28-0 in the first qtr.  Southside will likely need to win this game.

Razorback Red

Is the "Curse of the Mavericks" about to become a thing?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 03, 2016, 07:33:52 pm
Noooooooooooooo, bring back the Rebels...lol...

Brian G

Catholic up 35-21 now after being 35-0.  Mavericks mojo?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 03, 2016, 07:33:52 pm
lol...nooooooooooooooooo, Bring back the Rebels!

7AFBFAN

Hey the Cubs won so anything is possible in sports. The Possums errr Mavericks have the 7A right where they want them. Ha.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Soooooo, just so I understand this...Catholic won so if Southside loses, they do not make the playoffs?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 03, 2016, 10:48:49 pm
Soooooo, just so I understand this...Catholic won so if Southside loses, they do not make the playoffs?

That is correct. If Cabot and Conway both lose which they are underdogs and Southside wins by More than 9 they get the 4 seed. That is what I am hoping. A win of any kind and Southside makes the playoffs. A loss and they are done. Go Mavs!

Pr8hd

I think this playoff streak could bode poorly for NS. SS has a lot of motivation on the line ,but NS's a two seed no matter what. I will be keeping an eye on this one tonight while watching the GW game.

SS has to find a way to contain Norwood. If it comes down to FG's both have excellent kickers.

Okieback

Northside will win as long as they don't get too complacent once they build a 21 point lead and let the big hogmollies from the south wear them out.

Norwood is an exciting player to watch, and Nside kicker/Punter is really good too, like someone mentioned.

Baitshop

The word down here in Dixie is that Frazier will be the QB tonight...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2016, 04:52:55 pm
The word down here in Dixie is that Frazier will be the QB tonight...
Who is Frazier?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 04, 2016, 05:01:47 pm
Who is Frazier?

I believe he has been the starter until his injury and also half of last season. The less mobile QB would work in favor of SS. 

Razorback Red

Wow, wasn't expecting a blowout.  Just saw where NS is up 38-6 end of 3Q.

How long has it been since SS missed the playoffs?  I can't remember them not being there. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Wow, just a nasty beat down...The Maverick experiment just didn't work out...GO BACK TO THE REBELS! Grow a .............you know what I mean... ;)

7AFBFAN

Didn't a Cubs fan predict a 2017 world series championship back in the 80's? I am going to say the Mav's will win another state championship in 2040. Why not?

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 04, 2016, 09:45:01 pm
Didn't a Cubs fan predict a 2017 world series championship back in the 80's? I am going to say the Mav's will win another state championship in 2040. Why not?

Will they still be the Mavs then? I would like for them to go back to the Rebels, but I know that's not going to happen.

Pr8hd

Thinking NS took out a few years of frustration tonight.

7AFBFAN

Northside was just that good. I am looking forward to seeing them play Bennie in a couple of weeks. I think Northside will have a good shot at representing Fort Smith well this year in the playoffs. They are so much better with 11 at QB.

Razorback Red

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 04, 2016, 09:53:24 pm
Northside was just that good. I am looking forward to seeing them play Bennie in a couple of weeks. I think Northside will have a good shot at representing Fort Smith well this year in the playoffs. They are so much better with 11 at QB.

First Bville has to beat a hungry Catholic team, but if they do, this will be a great 2nd round game.  I would honestly favor NS at this point in a very close game. 

The Future

We need good ol Jim Ross to commentary.

"FORT SMITH COMING UNGLUED TONIGHT!! GRIZZLIES WIN! GRIZZLIES WIN!!

Great win for Northside. Congrats.

DogsandHogs

Northside has a good team. Hope they are healthy and do well in the playoffs. Hope Southside bounces back from a rough year.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 04, 2016, 09:45:01 pm
lol...some good stuff 7A...if SS wins another one it will have to be with a new leader at the helm...that boat has floated away...

Brian G

Baitshop

Baitshop

Okieback

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 05, 2016, 07:07:03 am
lol...some good stuff 7A...if SS wins another one it will have to be with a new leader at the helm...that boat has floated away...

We speaking in code?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas