• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR vs. FS Northside

Started by Rob Van Winkle, October 17, 2016, 04:47:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Van Winkle

While NS has a good defense I don't think they will be able to slow down NLR. On the other side of the ball I don't see NS having much success moving the ball. NLR wins with relative ease IMO.

bbishop

I hope you are correct.  I believe in the NLR boys, just haven't seen NS play

Walter

I have seen NS not NLR. Northside will give NLR a run for their money.

Rob Van Winkle

DogsandHogs

Do you really think NLR is that much better than NS? I haven't really paid attention to NLR but NS seems to be desent. What do you think the score will be?

Rob Van Winkle

mack

Quote from: DogsandHogs on October 19, 2016, 12:01:18 am
Do you really think NLR is that much better than NS? I haven't really paid attention to NLR but NS seems to be desent. What do you think the score will be?

I'll be surprised if you don't pay attention to them after Friday....

DogsandHogs

Due to location. I watch the teams in and around Ft. Smith.

Pr8hd

October 21, 2016, 11:46:35 pm #8 Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:50:49 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 19, 2016, 06:18:02 am
NLR by at least 3 TDs

I think someone was WAY off. NS is a pretty good team and it sounds like NLR had just enough to get by them.

Quote from: SardisHog on October 17, 2016, 07:34:08 pm
I have seen NS not NLR. Northside will give NLR a run for their money.

Sardis meanwhile was pretty darn accurate about this game.

TNT_15

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 21, 2016, 11:46:35 pm
I think someone was WAY off. NS is a pretty good team and it sounds like NLR had just enough to get by them.

Sardis meanwhile was pretty darn accurate about this game.
Doesn't matter. They will still lose first or second round

mack

Quote from: TNT_15 on October 22, 2016, 01:38:07 am
Doesn't matter. They will still lose first or second round

OK genius, how much do you want to bet?  Name it!

Pr8hd

Quote from: mack on October 22, 2016, 05:33:10 am
OK genius, how much do you want to bet?  Name it!

My guess is he is referring to NS not NLR. So, I think the dream of them getting to War Memorial is alive and well. Based on what Fayetteville did to HarBer tonight, they along with NLR seem to be be the favorite right now to get there. NS looks like they could be a #2  seed from the conference if they take care of business against  an ow struggling Cabot and arch rival SS whom has owned the Battle of Rogers Avenue for sometime.  SS's playoff streak of 12 years looks like it may be at an end, but they could be a thorn in NS's side still. 

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 19, 2016, 06:18:02 am
NLR by at least 3 TDs
NS definitely proved me wrong. I didn't think they would be able to score more than 14 points. Looks like it was a great game. Both teams will be a force in the playoffs

Pr8hd

NLR has a really good team would have like to seen this one. I picked NLR too but I figured NS might give them a test. The Norwood kid for NS is a burner.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 22, 2016, 09:36:55 am
NLR has a really good team would have like to seen this one. I picked NLR too but I figured NS might give them a test. The Norwood kid for NS is a burner.
Yes he is. Isn't he committed to Louisville?

Pr8hd

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 22, 2016, 08:34:41 am
NS definitely proved me wrong. I didn't think they would be able to score more than 14 points. Looks like it was a great game. Both teams will be a force in the playoffs
Turnovers helped both teams. Each team got a within 10 yard touchdown drive after turnovers.  NLR made two bad plays on punt coverage that gave Northside a short field.  Ultimately the game literally came down to six inches.  NS went for it for 4th and 1 with about 3 minutes left and came up 6 inches short.  NLR then went 55 yards to take the final lead.

businesstron

I was at the game.  It was a good game but both teams are gonna have problems with Fayetteville and Harber Defenses when it comes time to play them.  NLR should do better because they have more balance but Northside looked one dimensional on offense.  I was only there for 3/4 of the game but I don't remember them throw a pass until the last drive.   

Also why did that game feel like it took so long?   For two teams that run the ball so much that game went on for ever.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: businesstron on October 26, 2016, 11:16:31 am
I was at the game.  It was a good game but both teams are gonna have problems with Fayetteville and Harber Defenses when it comes time to play them.  NLR should do better because they have more balance but Northside looked one dimensional on offense.  I was only there for 3/4 of the game but I don't remember them throw a pass until the last drive.   

Also why did that game feel like it took so long?   For two teams that run the ball so much that game went on for ever.
I agree with either of those teams competing with Fayetteville or HarBer.  Both have speed but not much size.  Fayetteville, for sure, has both.

pigskin

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 26, 2016, 01:55:56 pm
I agree with either of those teams competing with Fayetteville or HarBer.  Both have speed but not much size.  Fayetteville, for sure, has both.
.    Not sure why you believe watching NLR play NS is somehow more determinant of how they matchup with Har Ber than when they actually scrimmaged Har Ber. Looked pretty well matched to me with NLRs backup QB playing. Maybe I'm biased.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas