• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is 2A baseball wide open??

Started by JohnMarkTomayo, October 12, 2016, 02:20:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FNLsupporter

Quote from: big E on January 14, 2017, 05:46:38 am
I would guess low 90s . Change up looked just like his fastball. And Will has always put the ball where he wanted to put it he has good command of his pitches.
Very impressive pitcher!  Bald Knob battled him last year @ PW and he was a stud. His potential was through the roof!  Good luck PW this season!

T-Bone

I would guess low 90s . Change up looked just like his fastball. And Will has always put the ball where he wanted to put it he has good command of his pitches.

That sounds very good.  I may have missed it but what grade is he in?  I am not a coach or a scout.  I am just someone wondering where some of these guys are hitting in mph and still hitting spots.

big E

big E

And Bald Knob gets him again on the 27th of February or so I was told by the coach.

T-Bone

Quote from: big E on January 14, 2017, 03:09:55 pm
And Bald Knob gets him again on the 27th of February or so I was told by the coach.

We all know pitching is big enough to help win a game but it does take defense against a hitting team.  Do they have the defense to stop the short game ball if they can't get normal bats on the ball early?

FNLsupporter

I know BK won last year at PW, but Will and the BK pitcher went toe to toe for most of the game. When PW pulled Nash, things began to unravel for PW. Had Will stayed in the game, it probably would have been a different outcome. Bk's leadoff batter was about the only one that was driving the ball and having success against Nash. We just didn't have an answer against him and I'm sure he's improved even more.

baseball man

I saw where Nash was hitting 84-85 mph at the PBR showcase this weekend.

big E

I figure that will come up a little when it warms up a little. But probably not much 85 or 86 tops.

Razorbacks48

Will Nash was not low 90's in January...he MIGHT hit 87 in May

big E

I said that was my guess. Not the first time I was ever wrong with a guess but hey I just missed it by 5.

ghoti

Quote from: big E on January 23, 2017, 01:35:00 pm
I figure that will come up a little when it warms up a little. But probably not much 85 or 86 tops.
not quite as hard as his coach lol!! nash is a dandy (great control!)

RabidWolf

Saw where Nash was mid 80s at a PBR event recently.

Regardless, very talented young man.

baseball man

I think as the season gets going, we are going to see alot of good pitchers in 2a. PC has 2 good starters and 3 others that can burn alot of innings. Then Massanelli kid at Springhill was a stud in travelball and i here they have a freshmen that is pretty good also.

RabidWolf

Will Massenelli be able to play after that leg injury he suffered in football?

baseball man

ReddieOrNot

From what I hear Massenelli will be back.

Dirty dawg

if will nash is throwing low 90's gavin stone is hitting triple digits.

Dirty dawg

Quote from: big E on January 23, 2017, 02:20:31 pm
I said that was my guess. Not the first time I was ever wrong with a guess but hey I just missed it by 5.
5mph makes a HUGE difference

big E

Quote from: Dirty dawg on February 20, 2017, 10:15:11 pm
5mph makes a HUGE difference
not when you are guessing. If I said he threw 99 and he threw 86 me saying that made zero difference. All that proves is my guessing is a little rusty.

Dirty dawg

Quote from: big E on February 21, 2017, 01:50:56 pm
not when you are guessing. If I said he threw 99 and he threw 86 me saying that made zero difference. All that proves is my guessing is a little rusty.
doesnt matter if youre guessing or not, theres a big difference in 85 and 90.

big E

What difference does it make who takes the word of a 43 year old that is half blind.  Like I said it was a guess.

big E

I do understand that speed wise there's a difference. I've umpired thousands of games from little league to the old naia so I've seen a few good arms in my time.

2aball

Quote from: Dirty dawg on February 20, 2017, 10:13:03 pm
if will nash is throwing low 90's gavin stone is hitting triple digits.

CBC clocked him at 87 today at a tryout. Not bad, not 92 like some have said, but still some serious heat for 2A

bassfisherman999

87 as in thats what he topped out at or was sitting 87?

NEAscout100

Sloan will be good this year. Not saying title contender but will be good.

big E

NEAscout100

They are Big E. I'm not saying they will have a shot at winning it all.or regionals or even district. But they will have a solid defensive group. PW sounds serious this year. Goodluck to y'all.

big E

Anything can happen with kids. If y'all make it to region at PW I'll save you a,spot on the porch.

NEAscout100

Sounds good. Good luck to y'all this year.

2aball

Quote from: bassfisherman999 on February 24, 2017, 08:13:21 am
87 as in thats what he topped out at or was sitting 87?

87 is what he topped at that day, but he was hanging around it pretty consistently.

FNLsupporter

Understanding that this is the first game for both teams, that was not what I expected from PW tonight. Nash threw a lot of pitches and BK hit him pretty well.  I expected a lot less scoring against him and Fowler.  This new pitching rule is gonna be a tough one. BK threw 5 different arms to keep under the pitch count threshold.

big E

Yeah PW didn't look real good. Neither Nash or Fowler looked very sharp never seen pitchers miss down in the zone. Bats from PW didn't get off the bus.

baseball man

Parkers Chapel 11
Lafayette County 1

FNLsupporter

Quote from: big E on February 28, 2017, 04:58:54 am
Yeah PW didn't look real good. Neither Nash or Fowler looked very sharp never seen pitchers miss down in the zone. Bats from PW didn't get off the bus.
But nobody should doubt the talent is there.  I'm sure by mid season, they will be in the groove!

baseball man

First game of the year does not tell you how good a team is. Its how you pay in late April that counts.

SWARK16

Quote from: baseball man on February 28, 2017, 08:49:01 am
First game of the year does not tell you how good a team is. Its how you pay in late April that counts.

Sounds like your team lost last night lol

baseball man

big E

baseball man

2aball

Quote from: baseball man on February 28, 2017, 08:49:01 am

I'll never judge a team until at least after spring break. Seems that is about the time teams start seeing the ball and showing what they got. Especially smaller schools who don't have the chance to get much actual hitting in leading up to the season because they don't have indoor cages and such. It takes a little while to get your hitting back.

NEAscout100

Anyone know who is in the batsville tourney?

baseball man

One heck of a game lastnight between Parkers Chapel and Junction City. A pitching duel between Bale and Disotell. With Bale ending with 15 S/O and 8 for Disotell. PC 2 to JC 0. Congrats to both.

joeknows

Quote from: Head Lion on December 20, 2016, 08:51:39 am
I will say this, as a player, I never saw a greater competitor than Coach Ballard.

Brandon Ballard, then the next year Brooks Taylor were great competitors! Also have to say that Coach Bill Taylor was probably the most Intense coach I've ever seen!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas