• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Might as well keep it going.......2A favorites??

Started by KREWSAWHEWSKI, October 04, 2016, 08:54:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Gotta be Springhill at the top of the list.  Returning several from last year's state championship team.  They will be looking for the 3-peat. 

Who can knock them off the top of the hill?

softballfan

Hector was a strike away twice from winning it all last year and they have everyone back. Should be a contender.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: softballfan on October 06, 2016, 12:05:08 pm
Hector was a strike away twice from winning it all last year and they have everyone back. Should be a contender.

I agree completely about last year.  I just wasn't sure who they had back from that team.  Springhill lost a couple of good players, but still have the same nucleus of talent.

NEASPORTSFAN

I don't know about being a favorite, but pangburn returns most starters. Won 33 games last year and made the second round. Should be in the mix. Hector is probably the favorite followed by spring hill. Parkers chapel is always solid. Marmaduke will be good again.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: phstiger on October 09, 2016, 06:29:48 pm
I don't know about being a favorite, but pangburn returns most starters. Won 33 games last year and made the second round. Should be in the mix. Hector is probably the favorite followed by spring hill. Parkers chapel is always solid. Marmaduke will be good again.

All of those have to be in the mix.  I am trying to figure out who all these teams have returning.  Pitchers are crucial, but there are some teams who return their pitchers but have lost some position players/hitters that could make the difference.  I think Foreman is in that boat and have some injury issues as well.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

October 14, 2016, 11:07:41 am #5 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:16:41 am by KREWSAWHEWSKI
Who has pitchers coming back that were in state tournament?

NEASPORTSFAN

Pangburn pitcher has committed to Ouachita. Hectors is back, and so is marmaduke.

jabberhog

Hazen has their sr. pitcher back and Poyen has their sophomore pitcher back.

Sweet

Quote from: phstiger on October 09, 2016, 06:29:48 pm

Pangburn needed an extra inning and a couple of questionable calls to beat to beat MC in first round. Then was thrashed by PC in the 2nd round. One big stick, 3 with speed and that's it. Nowhere near a contender.

NEASPORTSFAN

October 30, 2016, 09:29:59 pm #9 Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:42:00 pm by phstiger
Quote from: Sweet on October 29, 2016, 04:28:52 pm

Pangburn needed an extra inning and a couple of questionable calls to beat to beat MC in first round. Then was thrashed by PC in the 2nd round. One big stick, 3 with speed and that's it. Nowhere near a contender.
Maybe, except pangburn beat PC early on in the season and those questionable calls in the magnet cove game went both ways. The guy was intoxicated on the field. Was actually removed from the tournament after the midland game. Anyways, don't have a dog in the fight but they might be better than you think. Parkers chapel was absolutely a better team that day. Beat pangburn 7-1, pangburn had 1 bad inning and gave up 5 runs. But, as always, the south reigns supreme until someone knocks them off.

baseball man

PC is returning all of last years team. Should be a good year for them. A lot of Seniors.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baseball man on November 01, 2016, 10:46:36 am
PC is returning all of last years team. Should be a good year for them. A lot of Seniors.

No seniors last season?  That's very rare.

Ice Water

I could be wrong, but I thought they had 4 seniors in the lineup last year.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Ice Water on November 01, 2016, 03:22:01 pm
I could be wrong, but I thought they had 4 seniors in the lineup last year.

I was aware they might recruit, but playing kids who have already graduated is surprising...even for PC. 
JK   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

baseball man

i mean the key players back. Sorry wrote that wrong. Senior pitcher.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas