• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mid-Way through the Season...Does any one team standout amongst all?

Started by stephenAmaxx, October 02, 2016, 09:55:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Postman

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on October 06, 2016, 06:36:44 pm
So a team that averages 37.4 pts a game is lacking offensively.....mind you Pearson has played I think 2 full games all year....and Vanhook carries have been limited to get them healthy for the conference season...but they are lacking offensively....interesting L O L. Defense hasn't showed much either except shut down everyone they have played.....to each their own I guess.

You know the QB play and passing game is not what is has been in the past.  Even the running game has been limited without the spotty play of VanHook....and all of that against teams with a combined record of 8-17. Like I said, they probably will improve as the season goes along.  They seem to be getting healthy at the right time. We've seen a lot of great defenses come through Prescott, so far this group just hasn't shown me they are one of them.  Are they good? Yes  Do they standout as great? No

strongandsteady

Quote from: Postman on October 07, 2016, 07:18:40 am
You know the QB play and passing game is not what is has been in the past.  Even the running game has been limited without the spotty play of VanHook....and all of that against teams with a combined record of 8-17. Like I said, they probably will improve as the season goes along.  They seem to be getting healthy at the right time. We've seen a lot of great defenses come through Prescott, so far this group just hasn't shown me they are one of them.  Are they good? Yes  Do they standout as great? No
The reason everyone is hyped up on this years defense is because we haven't seen one like this in a little while.No it is not in the category of great but they are very good and will improve to be one of the gresat defenses.

Lineman

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Postman on October 07, 2016, 07:18:40 am
Pipkin was the best QB to ever come through Prescott and one of the best to ever come thru 3a so of course the passing game isn't the same but its still pretty good. Frankly thou I don't even have to defend this team. their talking will be done on the field. Sorry 37 points a game is lacking by your standards.

KOJACK

Quote from: Postman on October 06, 2016, 02:28:08 pm
Prescott won't win it all.  Are they good? Yes.  Are they great? No.  Offense is lacking especially in the passing game and at QB.  I've heard a lot about the defense but they have yet to show me much.  I'm sure the team will improve as the season goes along especially when they get everyone healthy.  They will probably go deep in the playoffs IF they get a good draw. I doubt they go undefeated in conference though.
Lol...I hear ya...Why do you even bother coming on Friday nights? Can't wait for us to lose.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: KOJACK on October 07, 2016, 10:00:14 am
Lol...I hear ya...Why do you even bother coming on Friday nights? Can't wait for us to lose.
seems like a real positive fella huh 'Jack lol

WorkOrder

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on October 07, 2016, 10:19:22 am
seems like a real positive fella huh 'Jack lol

Sounds like a guy that don't know much about football. Prescott is averaging about 38 points per game and the first team defense has given up less that 30 points thru 5 games.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 07, 2016, 12:11:17 pm
Sounds like a guy that don't know much about football. Prescott is averaging about 38 points per game and the first team defense has given up less that 30 points thru 5 games.
Defense wins championships.

Curleywolf Fan

Postman

Quote from: Postman on October 06, 2016, 02:28:08 pm
Prescott won't win it all.  Are they good? Yes.  Are they great? No.  Offense is lacking especially in the passing game and at QB.  I've heard a lot about the defense but they have yet to show me much.  I'm sure the team will improve as the season goes along especially when they get everyone healthy.  They will probably go deep in the playoffs IF they get a good draw. I doubt they go undefeated in conference though.

I'll take a triple shot of that crow with BBQ sauce on the side.  Great job by the Curley Wolves this season with a great championship game to cap it off.  D Flynn was a man last night and proved he is a great QB. Defense wins championships and Prescott's was the best on the field.  15-0 3-A State Champions!  Carlos VanHook a 3rd generation State Champion.  Go Curley Wolves.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas