• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you communicate with your players?

Started by beeroe, September 26, 2016, 11:06:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beeroe

I have been looking into some options like TeamSnap.... But we would rather spend the money on other things.

What do you folks use?

OB11

Remind101 is great. Only draw back is you can only send messages up to 140 characters long at a time.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: OB11 on September 26, 2016, 12:52:00 pm
Remind101 is great. Only draw back is you can only send messages up to 140 characters long at a time.

I second this. However, I have noticed the 140 character limit is only if you are sending a message from your phone. I've been able to log onto the website (remind.com) and have 280 characters per message.

Remind is simple to use. You sign up, make a code for your players to enter through a text to sign up for your messages, and that's it.  There is also now an option that you can turn on where players can message you, or each other, directly through Remind.

Also, it's free to use (other than your standard data and message rates on your phone).

OB11

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 26, 2016, 01:45:03 pm
I second this. However, I have noticed the 140 character limit is only if you are sending a message from your phone. I've been able to log onto the website (remind.com) and have 280 characters per message.

Remind is simple to use. You sign up, make a code for your players to enter through a text to sign up for your messages, and that's it.  There is also now an option that you can turn on where players can message you, or each other, directly through Remind.

Also, it's free to use (other than your standard data and message rates on your phone).

I didn't realize that!  I have used it almost exclusively from my phone.  Thanks for the tip.

Rocket23

The soccer team at LRCA uses GroupMe.

Our club team used Team Snap which I like because you can keep the schedule on it, dues info, and message from it.

Sir Alex

Quote from: beeroe on September 26, 2016, 11:06:13 am
I have been looking into some options like TeamSnap.... But we would rather spend the money on other things.

What do you folks use?

Sign language is affective. 👍

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

If you are using Hudl for Soccer it also includes a messaging component now on the app and website to communicate with players. I've used a variety from Remind to GroupMe. They all essentially function along the same lines.

We also use social media (Facebook Pages, Twitter account) to communicate about cancellations and game changes.

hogbert

Standing on the front porch, yelling. Seems to work.

sevenof400

Quote from: Sir Alex on September 30, 2016, 04:51:41 pm
Sign language is affective. 👍

..or effective?

Where's Jed Clampett when you really need him...

JFSM

Kik is also a good app to message your players!

Sir Alex

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 10, 2016, 11:34:36 am
..or effective?

Where's Jed Clampett when you really need him...

Either nor..... A and e is exceptable in Arkansas Anglish.

Good caught their 7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas