• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC vs Haynesville

Started by TorMan, September 10, 2016, 10:29:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TorMan

So glad we have this game again this season to look forward to!
Haynesville has a solid team again this year, Jc has an improved team over last year, what do y'all think about this one? I think Jc fans and players will enjoy the short trip and the atmosphere at Haynesville. And the turf is guaranteed one of the nicest surfaces you will play on at the high school level.

Proud Buckaroo

Welcome back, Torman. I'm thinking about taking a trip to make this game. I'm not sure if I am going to fountain lake or not.

TorMan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 10, 2016, 10:36:34 am
Welcome back, Torman. I'm thinking about taking a trip to make this game. I'm not sure if I am going to fountain lake or not.
Man you should definitely make the trip! I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

thabeast428

Can't wait should be another good game

Proud Buckaroo

What does the tornados have coming back this year?

TorMan

6 on off
6 on def I believe return from last yr

Pretty big up front on offense
Lt 6-1 320*         Returning*
Lg 5-9 234
C 6-1 250*
Rg 5-10 205
Rt 6-3 302*
Te 6-0 185

Wb 6-0 190*
Hb 5-8 165*
Fb 5-11 195
Qb 6-2  195*

Defense
De 5-11 190
Dt 6-0 260
Dt 6-1 270
De 6-1 240*

WLb 6-0 185*
Mlb 5-9 230*
Slb 6-0 180

CB 5-8 165*
CB 5-8 155*
Ss 6-0 190*
Ws 5-11 195
Not as much depth as last few years and several play both ways as usual.

Hornet4ever

Should be a good one... Is the big running back from Haynes still around?

TorMan

#44 Harris from last year graduated unfortunately, his replacement is pretty good too tho!

thabeast428

Is he playing college ball anywhere?

Paperman

Headhunter15

Proud Buckaroo

thabeast428

I think jc wins this one, should have Davis back and maybe Cj will be healthy so that's gonna help

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: thabeast428 on September 11, 2016, 05:01:42 pm
I think jc wins this one, should have Davis back and maybe Cj will be healthy so that's gonna help

If I were carpenter. I would just hold Jalen out until conference started....

bleudog

September 11, 2016, 05:13:17 pm #14 Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:32:57 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 11, 2016, 05:06:38 pm
If I were carpenter. I would just hold Jalen out until conference started....

Sounds like a Johnny and June song.

The LaLa folks have JC an 11 point plus whatever their home field factor is dog.

neutral field
[2016] Haynesville (LA) 31, [2016] Junction City (AR) 20

Headhunter15

Eldorado goes to magnolia
Smack goes to fountain lake
JC goes to haynesville.
All traveling but might as well see a good game if I'm gonna travel. North Louisiana what's up

TorMan

Quote from: thabeast428 on September 11, 2016, 09:50:47 am
Is he playing college ball anywhere?
Last I heard he was at a jr college somewhere.

TorMan

Hope everyone that can makes the trip for Jc or Haynesville. The more the merrier!
I don't put much into cal preps, or anyone outside of n-la, s-ark.
I saw Jc on dsn vs Bearden and England, they will def give us a game!
I don't see them stopping our power run game and I don't see us bottling up their big plays passing. Both kickers leave a lot to be desired....
We will see how it shakes out, I know Ta'keon Holiday played pee wee ball in Haynesville so there is a connection and I bet other kids know one another, so it should be a heck of a game!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: TorMan on September 10, 2016, 10:29:37 am
So glad we have this game again this season to look forward to!
Haynesville has a solid team again this year, Jc has an improved team over last year, what do y'all think about this one? I think Jc fans and players will enjoy the short trip and the atmosphere at Haynesville. And the turf is guaranteed one of the nicest surfaces you will play on at the high school level.

Short trip? I thought there was no Louisiana school within an hour of jc?

Headhunter15

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 11, 2016, 09:49:09 pm

Ruston high, haynesville, union parish all within an hour lol. Idk who told you that

THA TRUTH

35-40 is a short trip for a game but not for school

bleudog

That's what you get for thinking when you're not used to it.

THA TRUTH

Jesus BLEU is cut throat these days

Proud Buckaroo

35 minute trip.

dragondad

September 12, 2016, 10:54:23 am #24 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:21:55 am by dragondad

WPWells

Heh that's funny. JC has posers

Now my thoughts on this game: this is JC's best chance left to lose in the regular season. I'll be pulling for the Dragons, but I think Haynesville will be a little much for JC

Proud Buckaroo

September 12, 2016, 10:56:42 am #26 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:25:04 am by Proud Buckaroo
I'm still wondering if I should go or not...

bleudog

September 12, 2016, 10:59:09 am #27 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:53:46 am by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 11, 2016, 10:06:12 pm
Jesus BLEU is cut throat these days

Just spreading the truth.  ;)

I mean c'mon man, nobody has ever contended JC is geographically isolated.  Summerfield is about 12 miles down Hwy 9 and Homer adds another 10 or 12 miles to that.

The point has always been why make a kid go to a school that's 11 miles from his house when there's a school 11 blocks from his house.  And that school that's 11 blocks from his house is probably the school his parents and grandparents graduated from.

dragondad

September 12, 2016, 11:19:42 am #28 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:34:05 am by dragondad
Bleu has been snippy a few times here lately,  need more coffee.  LOL

Proud Buckaroo

bleudog

September 12, 2016, 03:39:27 pm #30 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:40:59 pm by bleudog
Quote from: TorMan on September 11, 2016, 07:00:27 pm
Hope everyone that can makes the trip for Jc or Haynesville. The more the merrier!
I don't put much into cal preps, or anyone outside of n-la, s-ark.
I saw Jc on dsn vs Bearden and England, they will def give us a game!
I don't see them stopping our power run game and I don't see us bottling up their big plays passing. Both kickers leave a lot to be desired....
We will see how it shakes out, I know Ta'keon Holiday played pee wee ball in Haynesville so there is a connection and I bet other kids know one another, so it should be a heck of a game!

It's early in the season even for Calpreps. 

JC beat the England secondary badly a couple of times and the throws were uncatchable.  Then a couple of other times there were some medium to deep balls that were dropped.  Add those to a couple of ints and the overall passing game didn't help much.  They also quit running that little lateral pass sweep to the crossing WR once CJ got hurt.  Probably could have pulled the W if any of those had worked.  Who knows if the passing game will be clicking on the 16th.

Did y'all play Union yet?

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on September 12, 2016, 11:19:42 am
Bleu has been snippy a few times here lately,  need more coffee.  LOL

;D

Cheek

Quote from: bleudog on September 12, 2016, 03:39:27 pm
It's early in the season even for Calpreps. 

JC beat the England secondary badly a couple of times and the throws were uncatchable.  Then a couple of other times there were some medium to deep balls that were dropped.  Add those to a couple of ints and the overall passing game didn't help much.  They also quit running that little lateral pass sweep to the crossing WR once CJ got hurt.  Probably could have pulled the W if any of those had worked.  Who knows if the passing game will be clicking on the 16th.

Did y'all play Union yet?

JC did get behind England at times, but the QB threw up prayer balls.  He threw them as hard as he could and prayed someone was near to catch them.  This is not a very effective passing game.  England Had trouble with their passing game at JC.  The defense had a lot to do with it, but the crown of the field was also a challenge.  JC field give a new meaning to running down hill.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Knows what state they are in & admits it-  26
Knows but won't admit it-  22

dragondad

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on September 12, 2016, 04:07:35 pm
Knows what state they are in & admits it-  26
Knows but won't admit it-  22

Why would Haynesville not admit they're in LA?

DaCajn

Another H'ville fan in the house. Admin needs to screen these posters better. 

To answer a question from earlier, yes H'ville played Union last week. Hung on at the end to win 26-20.

We got beat up pretty bad, but will still field a team. Everyone in town is excited and looking forward to showing our neighbors a good game.

The big running back #44 is gone, and will be missed Friday night.  With him gone I am hoping we can hang close till the end.  Louisiana doesn't have a mercy rule so I am hoping the Dragons take that into consideration and doesn't totally embarrass the Tors to bad.

Headhunter15

Quote from: DaCajn on September 12, 2016, 08:59:33 pm
Another H'ville fan in the house. Admin needs to screen these posters better. 

To answer a question from earlier, yes H'ville played Union last week. Hung on at the end to win 26-20.

We got beat up pretty bad, but will still field a team. Everyone in town is excited and looking forward to showing our neighbors a good game.

The big running back #44 is gone, and will be missed Friday night.  With him gone I am hoping we can hang close till the end.  Louisiana doesn't have a mercy rule so I am hoping the Dragons take that into consideration and doesn't totally embarrass the Tors to bad.

Union parish?

Proud Buckaroo

Paperman

Louisiana high School football is a different world!

bleudog

September 12, 2016, 09:59:29 pm #39 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:02:34 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Headhunter15 on September 12, 2016, 09:26:28 pm

Union parish?

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 12, 2016, 09:36:35 pm
Farmerville, LA team.

Farmerville High was renamed Union High when Bernice was consolidated.

I noticed at the Jamboree they were in they were referred to as "The U."  8)

If I remember right, the 2015 game between Haynesville and Union was a classic.

DaCajn

Yes Union Parish High School was created by combining Downsville and Bernice and Farmerville.  Our season opener was against Webster Parish High School. It was created by combining Shongaloo, Cotton Valley, Serepta and Springhill.  They call it consolidation, supposedly to save money. 

bleudog

Quote from: DaCajn on September 12, 2016, 10:01:24 pm
Yes Union Parish High School was created by combining Downsville and Bernice and Farmerville.  Our season opener was against Webster Parish High School. It was created by combining Shongaloo, Cotton Valley, Serepta and Springhill.  They call it consolidation, supposedly to save money. 

But John David Crow will always be a Springhill Lumberjack and not a North Webster Knight.

AlumniLights

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 10, 2016, 10:36:34 am

Don't do it PB, that walk to the bleachers is horrendous.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: AlumniLights on September 13, 2016, 11:30:18 am
Don't do it PB, that walk to the bleachers is horrendous.

Oh, I know. I've been there before. You got to walk down a Moutain to get to their field. lol.

bleudog

September 13, 2016, 02:17:24 pm #44 Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:19:11 pm by bleudog
The state-wide provider of premium content who shall otherwise remain nameless sees it this way:

"Junction City at HAYNESVILLE, LA. (6): Junction City jumped to a 14-0 lead last week against England but lost 31-26. The Dragons dropped two TD passes. Two more passes missed wide open receivers. Senior slot receiver C.J. Johnson (ankle) and junior center Alex Morgan (knee) left with injuries. Haynesville is 2-0 after wins over North Webster and Union Parish. Haynesville beat JC 33-20 a year ago."

CLICK HERE

Jimbo Morphis

I'm pulling for J.C. so Bleu will be in a better mood.

Dr. Defense

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2016, 02:36:11 pm
I'm pulling for J.C. so Bleu will be in a better mood.

Thank ya.  Thank ya very much.  To paraphrase Gene Wilder from Blazing Saddles, I can use all the help I can get.

Wilson

The LSWA just moved the Tors to #1 in their class after their win Friday night. . I don't figure tbey are going to be in the mood to drop it after only one week

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wilson on September 13, 2016, 08:42:27 pm
The LSWA just moved the Tors to #1 in their class after their win Friday night. . I don't figure tbey are going to be in the mood to drop it after only one week
Two of the best teams from north Louisiana playing. Wish I could be there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas