• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In girls who are top teams you think for state?

Started by BASKETBALLMANAGER, September 08, 2016, 07:04:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BASKETBALLMANAGER

Basketballfan13

Top 2 preseason pick would be mountain view and rose bud, but there are probably about 10 teams that could all make a run for it this year. I don't see any clear 1-2 favorites like most years.

Head Lion

Always have to throw Greenland & Valley in the mix, 2 great programs.

Basketballfan13

Valley will be a top 5 team again this year, and I wouldn't put it past greenland to be a top 10 team.

teachers pet

Jessieville returns 3 or 4 starters including the big post.

BigMan15

jr17

Mayflower returns 7 of 8 contributors, with one Jr high move up who will help.

dropthemic

1. Mountain View
2. Valley Springs
3. JVille
4. Greenland
5. Rose Bud

Moutain View is loaded and should be in the finals. 2-5 is a toss up Valley, JVille, Greenland are always good teams. Rose Bud hasn't been in the top 5 in a long time and im not sure where they should be in the rankings. Kind of a sleeper team right now. Anyone know anything about Rose Bud's girls this year?

Basketballfan13

If I remember right Rose Bud girls were a 1 loss team going into the week before district tournament last year and they loss a stud player to injury. Ended up losing to Mountain View that week in regular season, then lost a game in district tournament and eventually got upset first rd of regionals. Maybe someone from that area can verify that?

ballmember

Understand that Mtn View and Rosebud both have new coaches.   That will be a challenge in itself. 

ballmember

Also, will be very important where state is located at this year.   Will Rosebud apply for it? 

TheGovernor

I like Jessiville, Valley Springs and maybe the Rose Buds chances. It is always tough picking girls, but Valley has tradition, Jessiville has A great post player and if Rose Bud can somehow sneak into the state tourney then maybe they will have a shot . A central location would be great for the state tournament whoever gets it.

Paperman

GreyColt

Corning should make some noise and Hoxie will be good as well.

Basketballfan13

Does Corning typically move up their freshman at the end of the year? I was thinking a year or two ago they didn't let their freshman move up and dress out after their season ended. If they do use them it'll help a lot this year, they have a really good freshman group. Hoxie will be a tough team this year too, but I'll go with 1. Riverside 2. Hoxie 3. Corning in that conference

RedWolf275

Riverside should be in the mix. Return everybody from 2A state quarterfinal team and have some good 9th graders moving up. Still won't have a senior in the rotation.

Googlymoogly

I don't know how good Clinton will be this year, boys or girls, but I think the school should bid on the 3A state tourney. Clinton dropped from 4A to 3A this year and now have one of the best gyms in Class 3A and it's centrally located.

Raider/Rebel

Riverside should be in the mix this year. With what they have returning from last year plus a few freshmen that move up they will surprise a lot of people.

ballmember

I agree about having state at Clinton.    Lots of seats and the way it is set up  you are right on top of the action.   Would be great location also.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Googlymoogly on September 20, 2016, 10:17:09 am
I don't know how good Clinton will be this year, boys or girls, but I think the school should bid on the 3A state tourney. Clinton dropped from 4A to 3A this year and now have one of the best gyms in Class 3A and it's centrally located.

Closest lodging almost an hour away.  But when has the state ever cared about something like that?

TheOfficial

Someone from Jessieville told me that they lost everything from last years team except the post.  Is that correct?

I know Valley is deep again.
Mt View is going to be strong.
Jessieville's post player can take them a long way.
Rose Bud was pretty good last year.  If they have most of that back they should do well.
Greenland lost quite a bit.  May be rebuilding a little this year.
I always get the River teams mixed up but the one moving up from 2A should compete.  Is it Riverside?

Some of these teams will start playing in a couple weeks and we'll get a better idea.

teachers pet

Jessieville returns 3 or 4 starters from last year.

Raider/Rebel

Quote from: TheOfficial on September 24, 2016, 01:03:52 am
Someone from Jessieville told me that they lost everything from last years team except the post.  Is that correct?

I know Valley is deep again.
Mt View is going to be strong.
Jessieville's post player can take them a long way.
Rose Bud was pretty good last year.  If they have most of that back they should do well.
Greenland lost quite a bit.  May be rebuilding a little this year.
I always get the River teams mixed up but the one moving up from 2A should compete.  Is it Riverside?

Some of these teams will start playing in a couple weeks and we'll get a better idea.

Yes the team moving up from 2A is Riverside.  No seniors on the team but the talent level is there with the younger ladies.  Should surprise a lot of teams in 3A.

Hitman Warrior23

September 30, 2016, 09:30:32 pm #23 Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:53:44 am by Hitman Warrior23
Mayflower
Mtn View (shipman is not bad)
Paris
(Lamar) my girl moving up this year as freshman will make some noise.
Greenland
Rose Bud (I really like their guard very athletic got a,few offers this summer)
This was in NO ORDER!

WPWells

jr17

Mayflower has IMO the best guard in 3A in Tori Lasker (UALR commit) and her cousin Tristen Lasker is also near the top. Don't sleep on this Mayflower bunch.

Hitman Warrior23

socks2330

i really feel like lamar girls and boys will both have a good season that will surprise most people

teachers pet

Just found out Jessieville got Fountain Lake's best player, another big post to go with our all state post player.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: teachers pet on October 24, 2016, 01:19:29 pm
Just found out Jessieville got Fountain Lake's best player, another big post to go with our all state post player.

Well CRAP!

Radiotalker

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on October 08, 2016, 08:12:18 am
Don't sleep on Hoxie.
My pick from the end of last season.
Congrats Lady Mustangs.🏆💍

RedWolf275

officialvsfan

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 10, 2017, 09:02:16 pm
This was a very bad prognostication lol!

Yep, 3 of the final 4 were from Region 3.  Should be the strongest region again next year.

Marblehog

Where did the Paris coach go?  Why did the coach leave?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas