• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 6A Girls Championship: Siloam Springs 1 Russellville 0 !Discuss!

Started by sevenof400, May 01, 2016, 03:53:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Let's use this thread to discuss any and all aspects of the 6A Girls State Playoffs. 

6A Tournament: host El Dorado
6A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Siloam Springs 1 vs Russellville 0

GIRLS:
The games in the top half of the bracket will play at 10:00 am Thursday, Friday and Saturday
            1C (First round bye) - Siloam Springs
3S vs 3E  --   Benton 2 vs Jonesboro 0

Siloam Springs 7 vs Benton 0

Siloam Springs 6 vs El Dorado 0

El Dorado 4 vs Mountain Home 0

2S (First round bye) - El Dorado
2E vs 5S   --  Mountain Home 5 vs Lake Hamilton 1

The games in the bottom half of the bracket will play at 2:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
            1E (First round bye) - Searcy
4S vs 3C  --   Sheridan 0 vs Greenwood 5

Searcy 2 vs Greenwood 1

Searcy 1 vs Russellville 2

Texarkana 0 vs Russellville 6

1S (First round bye) - Texarkana
2C vs 6S   --  Russellville 10 vs LR Parkview 0

revolution

Benton takes down Jonesboro, 2-0.  Next up Siloam Springs.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Pr8hd

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Searcy 2, Greenwood 1 - final

Russellville 6, Texarkana 0 - final

VHSCoach2

chaoslord

chaoslord

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2016, 12:50:59 pm
Is that a final?

Yes, sorry. Apparently there is a conflict with a graduation so the 6AG final may move. We will see.

sevenof400

Quote from: chaoslord on May 14, 2016, 12:52:11 pm
Yes, sorry. Apparently there is a conflict with a graduation so the 6AG final may move. We will see.

Thanks, Chaoslord.

sevenof400

A trend from the recent past few years continues in that the teams that play in the combined 6A/7A conferences with the teams from the 7A West are at a considerable advantage come playoff time. 

Buck183

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2016, 06:13:20 pm
A trend from the recent past few years continues in that the teams that play in the combined 6A/7A conferences with the teams from the 7A West are at a considerable advantage come playoff time.

I could see that thinking to be true to an extent.  Based off what I saw at the playoffs from the girls side of things I would say there was a drastic difference in the level of talent too.  Notice some of the final scores.  The high scores in the first round are understandable. To see those numbers in rounds 2 and 3 are somewhat confusing. 

From the boys side of things there were some exciting games in both rounds 2 and 3. Any of the games I saw here would easily have made a great championship game.

Buck

revolution

Congrats to Russellville for getting so much better from the beginning of the season! They have really been on a roll. Siloam is tough and worthy of the finals. Should be an interesting final.

chaoslord

Just about half time here. Russelville is trying to use speed + long ball while Siloam is possessing a lot better. SS has had the better chances but RHS are making it tough

VHSCoach2

Siloam Springs 1 (64'), Russellville 0 - final

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas