• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Soccer Commits - 2016

Started by Badger, April 17, 2016, 10:19:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

College soccer commits this season.  Feel free to add any you've heard.

Elise Reina - U of Kansas-DI (Har-Ber/Comets 98)
Aldair Umana - Neosho CC (Siloam Springs/Comets 98)
Grace Simpson - Oklahoma Christian-DII (Siloam Springs/Comets 98)
Khenli Harp - Hendrix-DIII (Siloam Springs/Sporting Arkansas 98)
Hadley Dickinson - UCA-DI (Cabot/Arkansas United 99)
Tristyn Edgar - U of Tulsa-DI (Cabot/Arkansas United 99)

I think I heard Caroline Campbell of Bryant committed to/had interest from DI (U of A?) but need confirmation.

MB Hog

April 17, 2016, 03:56:04 pm #1 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:44:24 pm by MB Hog
Yes - Caroline Campbell - U of Arkansas-DI (Bryant/Arkansas United 98/99)
Also - Jordie Bone - Ouachita Baptist University-DII (Pulaski Academy/Arkansas United 98/99)

I expect several other Arkansas United 99 girls to commit over the course of the next year.

MB Hog

Clarification - the title says 2016 commits, but the girls listed from Arkansas United 99 are 3 juniors and a sophomore.  Since the OP included the first two Arkansas United players in the list, I'm figuring this list is more about who is committed overall rather than just seniors.

Badger

By all means, please include all commits regardless of graduating year.  If someone's repeated, no sweat.  I had started the same topic last year, so added 2016 to the title to represent this year's commits.  Actually, come to think of it, I believe Elise Reina committed last year, so there's a likely repeat by me.

TDK

Kendall Selig from Bryant is going to sign with Arkansas State

revolution

Peyton Ramsey (Bryant) is a senior this year and signed with Mississippi College.

Colt

Ana Helmert (2017) formerly @ Mountain Home, committed to South Alabama

Sir Alex

April 27, 2016, 08:58:46 pm #7 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:19:08 pm by Sir Alex
 :)

Badger

Austin Pavatt - LeTourneau U.-DIII (Conway/Arkansas United 98)

Badger

Brooke Scott - Central Baptist College-NAIA (Conway/Arkansas United 98 Select North)

Badger

May 09, 2016, 09:36:16 am #10 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:58:00 pm by Badger
 Kiara Henry - U. of Ozarks-DIII (Rogers/Sporting Arkansas 98 Red)

VHSCoach2

Cobi Johnson and Trey Fox - Vilonia High School - signed with Central Baptist College

JFSM

May 09, 2016, 01:36:03 pm #12 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:08:55 pm by JFSM

FutbolPhan

Quote from: JFSM on May 09, 2016, 01:36:03 pm
Ian Griffin from lighthouse signing to UCLA

If this is a signing for the Division I, PAC-12, University of California at Los Angeles to play men's soccer on an athletic scholarship, this would be the one of the most significant events in Arkansas sports history. Given that it is not every year that a soccer player from Arkansas is even signed to play for DI, much less, one 1700 miles from home, this would be amazing.

MB Hog

Quote from: FutbolPhan on May 09, 2016, 06:39:38 pm
If this is a signing for the Division I, PAC-12, University of California at Los Angeles to play men's soccer on an athletic scholarship, this would be the one of the most significant events in Arkansas sports history. Given that it is not every year that a soccer player from Arkansas is even signed to play for DI, much less, one 1700 miles from home, this would be amazing.
I know down in South Arkansas, they like to call SAU Tech "UCLA."  University of Camden Longside the Airport.  But I don't think they have a soccer program.   ;D

FutbolPhan

Quote from: MB Hog on May 09, 2016, 07:10:50 pm
I know down in South Arkansas, they like to call SAU Tech "UCLA."  University of Camden Longside the Airport.  But I don't think they have a soccer program.   ;D

They don't... Noticed on Jacksonville Lighthouse's MaxPreps roster, Mr. Griffin is listed a defender which would be even more amazing considering the lack of stats a backline player generates. JackLight is in their second year as a program, correct? What club team did he play on? ODP regional selection?

FutbolPhan

May 09, 2016, 09:29:31 pm #16 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:24:21 pm by FutbolPhan
Quote from: JFSM on May 09, 2016, 01:36:03 pm

Not sure what happened JFSM's post about Ian Griffin's signing with UCLA but do hope this is true for the future of Arkansas soccer getting National Power 5, Division I men's athletic scholarships for the game we all love. Imagine a 1A school (4A is the lowest division in soccer) getting a DI signing in any sport in its second year in existence!!! Just think, UCLA plays in the same conference the Stanford does. Didn't Stanford win the NCAA championship a year ago and USMNT and Hermann trophy winner and now professional player with the Seattle Sounders, Jordan Morris, was on that Stanford roster in 2015, correct? Big time stuff...

Badger

Me thinks JFSM is being silly, trolling us or his teammate(s).

JFSM

sorry for the mis informed fact . I've thought it was real rumor about it but turned out to be fake someone trying to be funny.

FutbolPhan

May 10, 2016, 04:26:37 am #19 Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:32:07 am by FutbolPhan
Quote from: JFSM on May 09, 2016, 11:38:21 pm
sorry for the mis informed fact . I've thought it was real rumor about it but turned out to be fake someone trying to be funny.

Well, there you go. Hopefully, lesson learned young JFSM. The internet can be a powerful tool or a dangerous weapon. In this case, a good story, once again, got in front of the fact.

Badger, you made now have your thread back...

Badger

May 16, 2016, 04:57:28 pm #20 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 07:43:07 pm by Badger
Tyler Roberts - Harding U.-DII (Bentonville/Comets 98)

(Heard this from a Bentonville fan and not corroborated)

CHS-1

Harding University D-II has 2 playing for the 7A Championship - Melanie Matkins, MF, Bentonville & Kristen Oitker, D, Cabot (ASC/Rush).

MB Hog

Meredith Parker - Ouachita Baptist University - DII (Searcy HS / Searcy 98)

Rsimmons

Neosho County CC in Kansas has signed
Aldair Umana - Siloam Springs
Cristian Banuelos - Heritage
Transfer from East Central College - Angel Herrera (Springdale Class of 2014).

I also believe that; Anthony Caldera - Har-Ber and Leo Araujo - Springdale will be attending Neosho next fall.

Current Neosho County player Orsy Gonzalez - Former Springdale player (Class of 2013) has signed with NCAA DI program Western Illinois for the 2016 fall season. Continuing the line of NWA players to attend Neosho and transfer to NCAA DI program (Nelson Landaverde transferred to Valparaiso University last year)

MB Hog

July 05, 2016, 04:17:37 pm #24 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:43:33 pm by MB Hog
Riley Chafin - Christian Brothers University - DII (LR Central / Arkansas United 98/99)
Bennett Martin - Christian Brothers University - DII (LR Central / Arkansas United 98/99)

MB Hog

October 19, 2016, 04:41:11 pm #25 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:43:16 pm by MB Hog
Meg Sander - Christian Brothers University - DII (LR Central / Arkansas United 98/99)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas