• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 5A Boys Championship:Hot Springs 4 Valley View 2 !Discuss!

Started by sevenof400, April 17, 2016, 08:00:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Let's use this thread to track the results of the state playoffs. 

5A Tournament: host Hot Springs
The 5A state tournament will use four fields in and around the Hot Springs area.  Be sure to verify the field (location) your team will play at before departing!

5A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Hot Springs 4 vs Valley View 2

BOYS:
The games in the top half of the boys bracket will play at 12:00 pm (noon) Thursday, Friday and Saturday
1W vs 4C  --  Maumelle 5 vs Beebe 1 -- game to be played at Lake Hamilton HS
2E vs 3S   --  Nettleton 1 vs HS Lakeside 4 -- game to be played at Lakeside HS

Maumelle 3 vs HS Lakeside 4

HS Lakeside 2 vs Hot Springs 3

Greenbrier 1 vs Hot Springs 6

1C vs 4W  --  Pulaski Academy 0 vs Greenbrier 2-- game to be played at Fountain Lake HS
2S vs 3E   --  Hot Springs 6 vs Batesville 1 -- game to be played at Hot Springs HS

The games in the bottom half of the boys bracket will play at 4:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
1S vs 4E   --  DeQueen 5 vs GCT 0 -- game to be played at Lake Hamilton HS
2C vs 3W  --  Jacksonville 1 vs LRCA 4 -- game to be played at Lakeside HS

DeQueen 4 vs LRCA 0

DeQueen 3 vs Valley View 5

Valley View 1 vs Clarksville 0

1E vs 4S    --  Valley View 2 vs Hope 1 -- game to be played at Fountain Lake HS
2W vs 3C   --  Clarksville 3 vs LR McClellan 2 -- game to be played at Hot Springs HS

sevenof400

Top half of bracket - sure looks very possible that a Maumelle - DeQueen rematch might be in order in the semis.

Bottom half of bracket - Hot Springs appears to be a clear favorite - and I say this NOT having seen PA this year.  However, PA may still catch the #1 seed from the Central as they have TWO games remaining with Jacksonville. 

mijally

You could have a Hot Springs vs Valley View rematch too. That game last year was wild and crazy.

sevenof400

Matches adjusted to reflect standings as of April 22nd.

Jdhelbig

sevenof400

Jdhelbig

I think DeQueen is ahead of Hot Springs now if my memorys serves me correctly...

sevenof400

Quote from: Jdhelbig on April 26, 2016, 09:28:31 am
I think DeQueen is ahead of Hot Springs now if my memorys serves me correctly...

Keep in mind the 'as of' date when looking at these potential matchups.  I have not changed anything yet with respect to games of April 25th.

Jdhelbig

New rankings and predictions for thep playoffs anyone? :)

sevenof400

sevenof400

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

May 09, 2016, 12:08:45 pm #11 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:33:06 pm by Coach Sturdivant, HS
UPDATED with Field Locations--Also Note that both boys semifinal games will be played at Noon Saturday

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 17, 2016, 08:00:51 am
Let's use this thread to track the results of the state playoffs. 

5A Tournament: host Hot Springs
The 5A state tournament will use four fields in and around the Hot Springs area.  Be sure to verify the field (location) your team will play at before departing!

5A Finals (at Fayetteville):
TBD

BOYS:
The games in the top half of the boys bracket will play at 12:00 pm (noon) Thursday, Friday and Saturday
1W vs 4C  --  Maumelle vs Beebe (Lake Hamilton HS)
2E vs 3S   --  Nettleton vs HS Lakeside (Lakeside HS)

1C vs 4W  --  Pulaski Academy vs Greenbrier (Fountain Lake HS)
2S vs 3E   --  Hot Springs vs Batesville (Hot Springs HS)

The games in the bottom half of the boys bracket will play at 4:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
1S vs 4E   --  DeQueen vs GCT (Lake Hamilton HS)
2C vs 3W  --  Jacksonville vs LRCA  (Lakeside HS)

1E vs 4S    --  Valley View vs Hope (Fountain Lake HS)
2W vs 3C   --  Clarksville vs LR McClellan (Hot Springs HS)

VHSCoach2

May 12, 2016, 12:55:02 pm #12 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:46:22 pm by VHSCoach2
Hot Springs 6, Batesville 1 - final

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

May 12, 2016, 04:51:21 pm #16 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:07:17 pm by VHSCoach2
Clarksville 3, McClellan 2 - final, 2 OTs

Jdhelbig

hogbert

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

May 12, 2016, 06:33:19 pm #20 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:47:06 pm by VHSCoach2
Quote from: Jdhelbig on May 12, 2016, 05:36:16 pm
DQ vs. GCT

5-0 DQ late second half

What was the final?

Nevermind, just saw it ended 5-0 De Queen.

mijally

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 12, 2016, 06:33:19 pm
What was the final?

Nevermind, just saw it ended 5-0 De Queen.
I really appreciate the updates VHSCoach2. Thanks!!!

mijally

GobSoccerFan12

hogbert

Maumelle is up 2-1 on Lakeside in second half

Jdhelbig

VHSCoach2

hogbert

Jdhelbig

VHSCoach2

hogbert

Jdhelbig

DQ scored off a corner kick. Having a tough time scoring on the taller players of LRCA.

Jdhelbig

Jdhelbig

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2016, 05:17:34 pm #34 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:43:28 pm by VHSCoach2
Valley View 1, Clarksville 0 - final

hogbert

Jdhelbig

Correction in bracket: DeQueen won 4-0 over LRCA.

GobSoccerFan12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 13, 2016, 05:17:34 pm
Valley View 1, Clarksville 0 - final

Clarksville controlled most of the game and had the better chances. Made a mistake late on a corner and VV scored on a rebound. Tough losses for Maumelle and Clarksville.

mijally

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on May 13, 2016, 06:13:18 pm
Clarksville controlled most of the game and had the better chances. Made a mistake late on a corner and VV scored on a rebound. Tough losses for Maumelle and Clarksville.
Very proud of the Maumelle team this year. A good performance by a new group of starters. The Seniors made a lot of contributions over the past few years and I look forward to following the returning group the next few years.

Jdhelbig

Again the South proves to be the strongest conference in 5A by having 3 semifinalists again for the second year in a row! Can't wait to see who goes to the finals tomorrow!!

ninjafighter

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on May 13, 2016, 06:13:18 pm
What game were you watching? It sure did not look like Clarksville controlled most of the game.  VV possessed the ball the greater percentage.  Hard fought game on both sides.   Clarksville played a physical game.   VV overcame it.  Congrats to Clarksville on a good season.  Match ups tomorrow should be fun to watch.

JMBknvc

May 13, 2016, 10:49:30 pm #41 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:52:00 pm by JMBknvc

Wonder what the scene at Hot Springs match looked like today against Greenbrier. All I can say is that Maumelle faced a packed house at Lakeside as the community and the student body turned out for the match. The images were taken early in the first half and do not show all the people walking around. The atmosphere was similar to a Friday night football game. However, I am sure this is nothing surprising for any of the people from the South Conference. This is probably just slightly a few more people than a regular crowd for any season conference matchup. If this is any indication of the crowd for tomorrow's Lakeside vs Hot Springs matchup. It is going to be a sell out, just hope the stadium can hold them all and I am able to get a ticket.   

Hope the images worked, but if not maybe the hyperlinks will;
http://www.screencast.com/t/GavobSIkSLx
http://www.screencast.com/t/boYqD0sPX

Lionheart88

Quote from: Jdhelbig on May 13, 2016, 09:22:14 pm
Again the South proves to be the strongest conference in 5A by having 3 semifinalists again for the second year in a row! Can't wait to see who goes to the finals tomorrow!!
2nd time in 3 years actually.

Lionheart88

Quote from: JMBknvc on May 13, 2016, 10:49:30 pm

Wonder what the scene at Hot Springs match looked like today against Greenbrier. All I can say is that Maumelle faced a packed house at Lakeside as the community and the student body turned out for the match. The images were taken early in the first half and do not show all the people walking around. The atmosphere was similar to a Friday night football game. However, I am sure this is nothing surprising for any of the people from the South Conference. This is probably just slightly a few more people than a regular crowd for any season conference matchup. If this is any indication of the crowd for tomorrow's Lakeside vs Hot Springs matchup. It is going to be a sell out, just hope the stadium can hold them all and I am able to get a ticket.   

I saw a couple of Lakeside games this year, I'd say those crowds are at least double anything I saw.

Jdhelbig

May 14, 2016, 01:07:44 am #44 Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:50:31 am by Jdhelbig

Lionheart88

Quote from: Jdhelbig on May 14, 2016, 01:07:44 am
Actually it's the second time in the last two years. So get your facts straight......you don't know anything about soccer if you don't know that.
Last year's semifinals were DeQueen over Maumelle and PA over Hot Springs.  You're thinking of 2014, when Lakeside beat Hot Springs in the semis and went on to lose to DeQueen in the final.

Jdhelbig

May 14, 2016, 01:48:45 am #46 Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:52:39 am by Jdhelbig

Rocket23

Quote from: JMBknvc on May 13, 2016, 10:49:30 pm

I doubt it will be that big at least not as big as Friday because Lakeside let their students out of class to attend.  But it was a pretty cool atmosphere for a high school soccer match.

mijally

Quote from: Rocket23 on May 14, 2016, 07:06:09 am
I doubt it will be that big at least not as big as Friday because Lakeside let their students out of class to attend.  But it was a pretty cool atmosphere for a high school soccer match.
So that's what you get for your money. I would imagine Lakeside didn't have to pay as much of a bid share as Hot Springs since HS bought the semi's also.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jdhelbig on May 14, 2016, 01:07:44 am
Actually it's the second time in the last two years. So get your facts straight......you don't know anything about soccer if you don't know that.

Chill out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas