• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A-South Girls

Started by SouthPa, January 11, 2016, 01:20:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthPa

Very top heavy conference this year with LR Parkview and El Dorado.  Sheridan may have a say in the top 3.  From what I've seen so far, this conference's 4, 5, and 6 will not even challenge for a second round game.  Pine Bluff, Benton, Lake Hamilton, LR Hall and Texarkana are all down.  Here are my projections:

1. LR Parkview......if they hit perimeter shots....look out.
  2. El Dorado......probably have the best player in the league (Hicks).
  3. Sheridan......by far the biggest team in the league.

4. Pine Bluff......having trouble scoring, but defend well.
  4. Lake Hamilton....could have easily won their opener vs. Sheridan.
  4. Benton.......injuries have left the Lady Panthers in disarray.
  4. LR Hall.......lost too much to graduation to compete this year.
  4. Texarkana...athletic, but don't have a consistent scorer in the house.

I think it's a toss-up with 4 thru 8.

Your thoughts????

Blindsided

Saw Benton Friday against Parkview and they don't have one scorer in uniform.  All their good players are on the bench in street clothes.  They may not beat anyone.  What happened to the 6'3 post that signed with Ark. Tech?  She get hurt too?

admorris24

Benton's best 3 players, all seniors are in street clothes, Davis(PG), Burchfield(C-ATech), and Brazell(best defender)  they also had a promising soph guard out with an ACL tear.  this team had a chance to be pretty good this year, but injuries have left them in shambles.  Having to play a lot of sophs.  Young kids gaining experience, but appears to be a lost season for Coach Chumley and the Lady Panthers

SouthPa

Standings after 2 games:

Parkview   2-0   Defense carrying the Lady Patriots right now.
El Dorado  2-0   Took care of business Tues. vs. Sheridan.
Sheridan   1-1    Looks like a solid 3rd in this league.
Lake Ham. 1-1   Struggled to beat TX at home.
Pine Bluff   1-1   Scored only 13 points vs. PV.
Benton      1-1   Got ED coming to town Friday.
Texarkana  0-2   Lacking little punch offensively.
LR Hall      0-2    Lady Warriors have only one win overall.

BHS1989

Quote from: Blindsided on January 11, 2016, 05:45:07 pm
What happened to the 6'3 post that signed with Ark. Tech?  She get hurt too?

No, she quit the team.

SouthPa

The 6A-South Girls is looking like a two horse race:

1. Parkview  9-0....Their shooting has gotten much better.
2. El Dorado 9-0....Best scoring team in the league.
         These two teams will be the South's only chances to advance in the State Tournament.

3. Benton  5-4....Figuring out ways to win with bad players.
4. Lake Hamilton  4-5....Up and down team that can finish 3rd in a bad league.
5. Sheridan  4-5....Has lost back to back games to LH and Benton.
         These three teams are down, and most likely will not advance in the Tournament.

6-8. Pine Bluff, LR Hall, Texarkana.....Fighting it out for the final playoff spot.

suprstr30

El Dorado lost two of their starting Senior bigs last night to injuries.  One looked to be a knee and the other a shoulder.  Losing two in one game this late with out much real time to develop will hurt.  Still have Hicks and Armstrong and some kids capable of possibly stepping up. 

Quote from: SouthPa on February 10, 2016, 09:21:29 am
The 6A-South Girls is looking like a two horse race:

1. Parkview  9-0....Their shooting has gotten much better.
2. El Dorado 9-0....Best scoring team in the league.
         These two teams will be the South's only chances to advance in the State Tournament.

3. Benton  5-4....Figuring out ways to win with bad players.
4. Lake Hamilton  4-5....Up and down team that can finish 3rd in a bad league.
5. Sheridan  4-5....Has lost back to back games to LH and Benton.
         These three teams are down, and most likely will not advance in the Tournament.

6-8. Pine Bluff, LR Hall, Texarkana.....Fighting it out for the final playoff spot.

admorris24

I will say this about Chumley at Benton.  They play hard.  The PG they have right now has a chance to be pretty good if she continues to develop over the next couple of years.  They beat a decent Sheridan team the other night that waxed them @ Sheridan earlier this year.  Not sure how they will finish up, but this may be Chumley's  best coaching job with all the injuries(3 ACL tears) and a post player that left the team early in the year.  I am proud of the way these girls have continued to fight with Clay, Oglesby, and Slaughter's leadership

SouthPa

They do play hard for him, they just can't score the ball.  El Dorado beat them 48-30 last night.  The game was tied 15-15 at halftime.  Hicks from ED took over the second half from what I understand. 

suprstr30

Armstrong for ED was the difference.   Got hot second half scoring 17 or so in second half.   Defense tightened up even more holding Benton to 5 points in third. With Hicks and Armstrong ED had a good shot at it all.  Hope the two starters that are out can make it back to boost their size and depth

admorris24

I agree that struggle to score and rebound.  I was at the game and watch 2nd half.    ED got it going from 3 in 2nd half and hicks cleaned up the rest,.

SouthPa

One game to go.  The 6A-South Girls:

1. Parkview - One more win to close out the regular season unscathed.
2. El Dorado - Wants a piece of the pie, and will get it with a win.
3. Sheridan - Will wrap of the 3 seed with a win over PB.
4. Benton - Looking like the 4 seed and a rematch with GW.
5. Lake Hamilton - Could still get the 4 seed with a win over Benton.
6. Pine Bluff - Will be the South's 6 seed.

7. LR Hall - Season over.
8. Texarkana - Season over.

suprstr30

El Dorado girls got Parkview by 8 in overtime to win Conference.  Maybe best game I've ever seen at the new gym.  Great atmosphere and great action! 

admorris24

Went to LH last night to watch Benton/LH makeup game.  If you have not been to LH's new arena, it us worth the trip. The Benton girls are playing their best ball of the season and beat LH by 17 or so.  If they are hitting 3's they could be tonight to beat

BHS1989

February 27, 2016, 02:24:26 pm #14 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 02:26:00 pm by BHS1989
This has probably been Coach Chumley's best coaching job with everything that's happened to this team. I spoke to him this morning and you could tell how proud he was of the girls

admorris24

I agree.  Should be coach of the year with a bunch of gritty, hard playing girls

SouthPa

The 6A-South Girls, last comment and predictions:

1. El Dorado.......Dramatic finish in conference, propels the Lady Wildcats to the Finals!
2. LR Parkview....Co-Champs in conference, and Howard gets another shot at El Dorado in Summit Arena.
3. Benton.....Nice run at the end, will beat Marion, then season ends with Russellville in the 2nd round.
4. Sheridan....Knocked out of third by rival, then loses close one to GW in 1st round.
5. Lake Hamilton....Fell off late in league, and probably won't scare MH in 1st round.
6. Pine Bluff......Looked the part all year, but not enough offense to challenge Siloam.

Any thoughts?

zebradynasty

Overall for the girls 6A south is down was not impressed with any teams including Eldorado. Benton played with heart but lost way too much to be a contender.

SouthPa

I thought Benton would knock down enough shots and play their tough man to man well enough to get by Marion, but they didn't ever get going.  They were out-matched in every position.  Marion is very athletic, and will give Russellville all they want.  I still think El Dorado and Parkview will make it through to the finals.  6A girls this year really doesn't have a dominant team.  There is some athleticism in ED, PV, and Jonesboro, but overall no team full of good basketball players like GW the last few years. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas