• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [SPOILERS]

Started by Kazimierz, December 31, 2015, 10:04:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazimierz

Since some folks were (rightfully) tip-toeing around spoilers in the other thread - I thought I'd make this for folks who want to discuss the movie and the future installments.

As the title warns .... SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Didn't Like:

1. Another Death Star Starkiller Base, whatever. Please stop with the super weapons.
2. Snoke - what/who is that?
3. Leia tries to act
4. How, how, how does Rey beat Kylo Ren in a lightsaber duel? Just - what?

Liked:

1. Didn't feel like a complete cartoon. The CGI was measured. Much more like A New Hope and less like Phantom Menace. Also, I liked the animatronics and actual sets rather than excessive green screen.
2. Generally liked the First Order. Not quite the Sith, not quite the Empire. It has potential.
3. HAN SOLO. Loved that he came back. I'm glad he did the film, he was actually kind of funny. Glad he died. I love Han, but I agree with JJ, he needed to die or it would just be one gag after the other.
4. Jon Boyega did a nice job. I would have liked to see them cast an American. But he did well.

There were plenty of plot holes. And I have complaints... but this was sooooooo much better than Episodes I-III. I loved how it felt harsher and dirtier. Good start to a new series. 

NEA Razorback olfan

December 31, 2015, 10:42:38 pm #1 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:58:40 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
I really enjoyed the movie, I guess the biggest question is who is Rey, we know she was abandoned on Jakku , but why and who are her parents, is she a Skywalker? It seams the Force always awakens in a Skywalker.....in the walker she is living she has a rebel pilot doll, and she has a rebel pilot Helmet ....could these be her only memories of her family she can recall???
Well if we look at the original movie A New Hope there are a lot of similarities, Luke is left on a planet to be raised . Rey is abandoned on a similar planet. Both find a droid that has to be taken to the Rebels or alliance, both have the force capability, Luke's light saber calls to her and she has a vision kinda like Luke had in Empier Strikes Back with Yoda in the cave where Luke battles Vader and helmet breaks open revealing his own face. Rey has one about being left on Jakku being told to be quiet girl and come with me as a ship is leaving in the sky.... and Luke touching R2D2....could he be telling him to power down till the time was right , since he could see glimps of the future...knowing someday Rey would find her way to the First Jedi Temple where he vanished to. also Ren with his followers in the rain with dead bodies all around. Then Maz lady with glasses tells Rey that what she longed for was in front of her ,not in the past, Kylo Ren is bested in mind control and light saber duel. Ren is half Skywalker  blood , since Han is his dad . If Rey is Luke's and her mom was somehow a Jedi also her bloodline would be more pure. Hence full blood and more powerful. If Luke was training a new order of Jedi and Ren (Ben Solo) was the one turned and killed the members of the new Jedi, then would he feel guilty and flee, knowing his daughter would be in danger , hide her away on Jakku, from his on experience to keep her safe. Since Jedi training starts very young she could have already been trained at a real early age, but she may have her memory altered , or erased .
Just a few ideas, Or she could be kin to Obi one, or ......

whippersnapper

Chewie shot Kylo Ren in the lower stomach/hip area. Ren hit himself in that spot a couple times seeming to sike himself over the pain. I assume thats how Finn and Rey were able to give him a fight. I also think NEA is on to something about Ren being Leia's son and half Han. I am thinking Leia has never  tried to learn how to use the force and with Han being his dad he just isnt as strong as say Rey (Luke's daughter IMO).

bdubyab60

Theory is Ren is still basically untrained. Started but no where near finished. He's basically been pushing around people. I didn't like that they had Rey beat him, I could see basically holding her own as her powers grow. Seems she's a natural which leads me to believe Luke's daughter, but who knows. Ren is definitely not in control of his emotions and unable to focus his powers weakening him.

Snoke is supposedly a sith who is older than Yoda and been behind the scenes. I'm interested in how he pulled Ren to the dark side.

Could have done without star killer base. It could have just been a rescue mission.

No problem with Han dying. Ford had stated he should have died in Jedi. Was going to be Fords last movie anyway. It definitely changed the mood of the movie.

I understand why Luke is I hiding. He's lost his first student, nephew and best friends son to the dark side. However not one single line? Maybe better to find him in the second movie.

Overall the movie is just beautiful. The things they did with the force abilities were awesome. Ren freakibg stops a lazer bolt in mid air and carries on a conversation while it's still frozen. How cool was that.

Can't wait for the next and to see where these characters go. Really hoping the focus goes more toward the dark and light side conflict. More light saber fights please.

NEA Razorback olfan

Interesting lines

This will begin to make things right, without the Jedi in the Universe there can be no balance in the Force.

She ask BB8 where are you from , Classiefied ... She says hmm me to , big secrete

bdubyab60

One other mistake I think they made. After destroying star killer base. Everyone is having this big get together back at resistance base. This may be bigger than how Rey beats Kylo.

Leia bypassed Chewy to go hug Rey? Chewys been with Han for years and this is the first time she has met Rey. You would figure crying session with Chewy and Leia.

Another theory Rey/Ren = Leia/Luke.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas