• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Public vs Private Schools Pile (Past/Present/Future/All Classes)

Started by MDXPHD, December 17, 2015, 03:12:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket23

In the latest AAA census PA had like 310 students.  LRCA was at 500 if I remember correctly. 

beach bum

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2017, 11:11:40 pm
I don't know the exact number but PA has historically averaged about 100 students per grade.

By the way, I'm not adverse to PA moving up in classification.

I would like them to take a really particularly good group of classes at PA(even though they're all good)..... And move them up to 7A once for a 2 year cycle. Just speaking as a fan from the outside wanting to see interesting and unique competition. That would be fun to see them do that.

PA Dad

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2017, 05:05:17 pm
I would like them to take a really particularly good group of classes at PA(even though they're all good)..... And move them up to 7A once for a 2 year cycle. Just speaking as a fan from the outside wanting to see interesting and unique competition. That would be fun to see them do that.

I agree.  It would be fun to watch.

Iknewthemwhen

Moving up is a bigger test of physical stamina.  That becomes tougher when you play better and bigger folks every game.  If they can do that they can compete.  Of course that means it would support the idea that private schools have advantages, huh? Couldn't resist!

sevenof400

Moving this back to the top for reference purposes only. 
For the person willing to read through this thread, several good discussions and points can be found. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 02, 2017, 10:04:33 am
Moving up is a bigger test of physical stamina.  That becomes tougher when you play better and bigger folks every game.  If they can do that they can compete.  Of course that means it would support the idea that private schools have advantages, huh? Couldn't resist!
No way Pulaski Academy can hang every week against the larger classifications. Having PA ranked higher than 3rd or 4th overall in any given year is a farce. Get real....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 17, 2017, 04:20:37 pm
No way Pulaski Academy can hang every week against the larger classifications.

What??   

PrivateLesson

bulldogger15

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 17, 2017, 05:09:26 pm
What??
Not going to happen Privates Lesson. Injuries and attrition would set in by week 5 and by week 10 they would be a shell of their former selves. Recruiting gets you good #1's, but no depth for the Bruins unless PA starts recruiting more nationally.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 17, 2017, 06:26:42 pm
Not going to happen Privates Lesson. Injuries and attrition would set in by week 5 and by week 10 they would be a shell of their former selves. Recruiting gets you good #1's, but no depth for the Bruins unless PA starts recruiting more nationally.

GO BULLDOGS!!!
Huh??   Forgive me but I know I read somewhere that you were wanting PA to move up classifications?    No?

bulldogger15

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 17, 2017, 09:05:36 pm
Huh??   Forgive me but I know I read somewhere that you were wanting PA to move up classifications?    No?
Yes, you are right. They would quickly see how it is to play the big boys on a regular basis, especially late in the season. PA couldn't hang for a couple reasons I stated above. Very soft on the depth side.

Big realty check for Pulaski Academy football if they played up where they should be playing.   

GO BULLDOGS!!!

JessieP

I'm sorry, the reality is that myself and MDXPHD have been unseated in a landslide. Bulldogger15 is by a wide margin the most obsessed person on the planet. PA's success is such a threat to his happiness it's borderline disturbing. He can't seem to process that Greenwood and PA have played, and split the games. I am going to start an online petition asking the administration and coaching staff at PA to issue a public apology. Their success and National attention are causing him great pain. They need to explain that they cannot control the fact that ESPN, Fox Sports, College Game Day, USA Today, E:6o and a few others came to them. They cannot control numerous National outlets came to them requesting to do a feature, they can't control the media. I would also ask they include a little tip, tell him if you want that kind of exposure the next time you move up a class, win it all, consistently. Winning the title 3 times in 5 years is a dynasty, winning it 1 time in 5 years is nice but not overly impressive. Maybe then he can get on with his life. I swear, I can picture bulldogger15 standing over PA and saying "it puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again".

Yellowcake

Pa goes as Kelley goes.
When He leaves, and I hope he retires there, the playing field will even quickly

PA Bruin Fan

Yellow, I'm not totally disagreeing, but you aren't giving any credit to the boys that put in the time.  Kk could leave And if anyone on staff stayed , they still have a couple of good years. 

Yellowcake

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 17, 2017, 10:09:33 pm
Yellow, I'm not totally disagreeing, but you aren't giving any credit to the boys that put in the time.  Kk could leave And if anyone on staff stayed , they still have a couple of good years.

Oh, I agree with that. For sure.
I am talking about sustained domination for a period of many years, the likes of which we have been enjoying.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 17, 2017, 10:09:33 pm

I don't know about a couple of years. The DC left after last season and the defense is a joke. Yes, a joke. The offense is typical KK, efficient, disciplined, precise and dominating. Many people have commented about the DB's being weak. After finally watching some video's of them this year it's pretty clear the entire defense is iffy. A big physical team would have it's way with them, the problem is no one in the 5A can stop that offense. Last year PA shut down a dominating Wynne offense. The DC left and now they can't shut down anyone. LRCA put up more yards against PA the they did mediocre teams. If KK left the offense wouldn't drop off as quick as the defense did but it would be dramatic. I starting to rethink my "Kelly is overrated" stance. He may very well be the best coach in high school football, although I feel King is right there, but the fact is that PA is not athletic, they are not physical and the kids don't work any harder then anyone else, they win because of the coach. I HATE to admit it but he very well may have massive success at any school. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 17, 2017, 11:32:06 pm
I don't know about a couple of years. The DC left after last season and the defense is a joke. Yes, a joke. The offense is typical KK, efficient, disciplined, precise and dominating. Many people have commented about the DB's being weak. After finally watching some video's of them this year it's pretty clear the entire defense is iffy. A big physical team would have it's way with them, the problem is no one in the 5A can stop that offense. Last year PA shut down a dominating Wynne offense. The DC left and now they can't shut down anyone. LRCA put up more yards against PA the they did mediocre teams. If KK left the offense wouldn't drop off as quick as the defense did but it would be dramatic. I starting to rethink my "Kelly is overrated" stance. He may very well be the best coach in high school football, although I feel King is right there, but the fact is that PA is not athletic, they are not physical and the kids don't work any harder then anyone else, they win because of the coach. I HATE to admit it but he very well may have massive success at any school.

Geez, Jessie, I hate to agree with you, but I think you're right that the loss of Coach Wood hurt us bigtime.  Our run defense is still good, but our pass defense needs lots of work.

It does say something about the importance of coaching.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 18, 2017, 12:47:24 am
Geez, Jessie, I hate to agree with you, but I think you're right that the loss of Coach Wood hurt us bigtime.  Our run defense is still good, but our pass defense needs lots of work.

It does say something about the importance of coaching.

It's not easy for me to admit when I'm wrong Dad (that sounds weird, should I call you PA? Dad? or combine them into a clever nickname like P Daddy?) I have been very vocal (running my mouth) about labeling KK a genius, after actually watching a fair amount of video one fact stands out. The recruiting issue, holds no water. Superior athlete's, almost laughable. Works harder, equally as laughable. What you see is stout offensive schemes executed almost flawlessly and a very pedestrian defense. Last year PA was equally as average athletically but their defense worked like a machine. The guy is doing something right. It was either you, Yellowcake or Red Devil that once commented that more often then not the opposing team has more athletes then PA. Let's be honest, if you took someone from another state and had them watch both PA and Batesville's teams in shorts and t-shirts, they could run around, lift weights and play basketball. If you had them guess which team would win a football game, 99 out of 100 would pick Batesville. That speaks to the skill of KK and his staff. In the hypothetical PA/Greenwood match-up who do I think would win? whoever got the ball first. two incredible teams like that would score every possession. Greenwoods D is light years ahead of PA's D but PA's O is equally superior to Greenwoods. You have often said if a team could get 4 or 5 stops on PA they could probably win, that's one heck of an "if". 

Intelligentsia

I understand Coach Kings reluctance to participate in the 7 on 7 summer activities like many others.  That said, it occurs to me that the repetition on offense,  and likely very rigorous summer "practice," are key factor in separating PA from the pack.  And while I agree that KK is quite good, the third factor which I bring up QUITE often is the financial "advantage" issue which allows for both private lessons/expensive camps AND a more "care free" life for the average PA athlete.  So, I'll contend it's three factors, two of which are related:  Coaching/focused summer skill development and economic advantage.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on October 18, 2017, 01:27:12 am
It's not easy for me to admit when I'm wrong Dad (that sounds weird, should I call you PA? Dad? or combine them into a clever nickname like P Daddy?) I have been very vocal (running my mouth) about labeling KK a genius, after actually watching a fair amount of video one fact stands out. The recruiting issue, holds no water. Superior athlete's, almost laughable. Works harder, equally as laughable. What you see is stout offensive schemes executed almost flawlessly and a very pedestrian defense. Last year PA was equally as average athletically but their defense worked like a machine. The guy is doing something right. It was either you, Yellowcake or Red Devil that once commented that more often then not the opposing team has more athletes then PA. Let's be honest, if you took someone from another state and had them watch both PA and Batesville's teams in shorts and t-shirts, they could run around, lift weights and play basketball. If you had them guess which team would win a football game, 99 out of 100 would pick Batesville. That speaks to the skill of KK and his staff. In the hypothetical PA/Greenwood match-up who do I think would win? whoever got the ball first. two incredible teams like that would score every possession. Greenwoods D is light years ahead of PA's D but PA's O is equally superior to Greenwoods. You have often said if a team could get 4 or 5 stops on PA they could probably win, that's one heck of an "if".
Good post. You've hit on a point that drives much of the disagreement on this board when it comes to PA. PA fans read about "recruiting" and "superior athletes" and have to laugh, because as you point out PA is not particularly big or fast. So those things always bother me as an excuse for the run of championships. Now I have admitted that there are advantages to being PA as compared to most of the rest of 5A and it's definitely helped, but recruiting just isn't it.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 17, 2017, 10:04:07 pm
Pa goes as Kelley goes.
When He leaves, and I hope he retires there, the playing field will even quickly

I heard rumors that they are going to rename the football field, practice field, indoor facility and the high school wing of PA to "KelleysWorld"

Bruin Backer

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 18, 2017, 06:49:45 am
I understand Coach Kings reluctance to participate in the 7 on 7 summer activities like many others.  That said, it occurs to me that the repetition on offense,  and likely very rigorous summer "practice," are key factor in separating PA from the pack.  And while I agree that KK is quite good, the third factor which I bring up QUITE often is the financial "advantage" issue which allows for both private lessons/expensive camps AND a more "care free" life for the average PA athlete.  So, I'll contend it's three factors, two of which are related:  Coaching/focused summer skill development and economic advantage.

In a long ago thread about how to beat PA, CoachTaylorPA noted the importance of 7 on 7 competition. In the last Shootout of the South 7x7 tourney, the following Ark teams participated: PA, Warren, Searcy, Springdale, Greenbrier, NLR, Heber Springs, Clinton, Fayetteville, CAC and LR Catholic. Per Hooten's latest rankings, all but CAC and Heber Springs are in the top ten of their respective classification. It is quite a mixture pf private and public schools, well to do and not as well to do schools and big and small schools. The "financial" advantage is not shared by all of the participants. If you are a passing team, 7X7 games help you work on your game. Less obvious is the benefit of being able to practice your defense against passing teams.

Chief_Osceola™

^ Maumelle was there too, unless I'm thinking of a different event.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 18, 2017, 08:56:28 am
Good post. You've hit on a point that drives much of the disagreement on this board when it comes to PA. PA fans read about "recruiting" and "superior athletes" and have to laugh, because as you point out PA is not particularly big or fast. So those things always bother me as an excuse for the run of championships. Now I have admitted that there are advantages to being PA as compared to most of the rest of 5A and it's definitely helped, but recruiting just isn't it.

In this thread, it has been pointed out how many d-1 players PA has produced...they may not "look" like superior athletes, but when a 3A school has 5-7 division one players on it's roster grades 10-12 (not just once, but consistently), then I would venture to say that they absolutely have "superior athletes." You can disagree because of the eye test..but that's not all you have to look at.

Overdahill

Quote from: Bruin Backer on October 18, 2017, 09:21:07 am
In a long ago thread about how to beat PA, CoachTaylorPA noted the importance of 7 on 7 competition. In the last Shootout of the South 7x7 tourney, the following Ark teams participated: PA, Warren, Searcy, Springdale, Greenbrier, NLR, Heber Springs, Clinton, Fayetteville, CAC and LR Catholic. Per Hooten's latest rankings, all but CAC and Heber Springs are in the top ten of their respective classification. It is quite a mixture pf private and public schools, well to do and not as well to do schools and big and small schools. The "financial" advantage is not shared by all of the participants. If you are a passing team, 7X7 games help you work on your game. Less obvious is the benefit of being able to practice your defense against passing teams.

Also has a pretty big conditioning aspect in particular for the warm weather start of the season

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2017, 10:13:29 am
In this thread, it has been pointed out how many d-1 players PA has produced...they may not "look" like superior athletes, but when a 3A school has 5-7 division one players on it's roster grades 10-12 (not just once, but consistently), then I would venture to say that they absolutely have "superior athletes." You can disagree because of the eye test..but that's not all you have to look at.

Superior athlete is an interesting concept in that a very well trained athlete who reacts quickly and properly (either reading offensive or defensive keys) can play faster. i can't remember his name off hand but Florida had a middle LB during the Tebow years who ran about a 5.0 40 but was a first round draft pick and excellent pro LB mainly because of his reads/reaction time. He was just always in the right place at the right time and just played fast and could tackle although he wasn't fast

sevenof400

October 18, 2017, 10:42:58 am #1126 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:45:08 am by sevenof400
I thought I knew who you were referring to, but I was incorrect....nm

Overdahill

October 18, 2017, 10:59:27 am #1127 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:07:45 am by Overdahill
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 18, 2017, 10:42:58 am
I thought I knew who you were referring to, but I was incorrect....nm

Brandon Spikes is who came to my mind. I was always amazed that a guy as slow as me could go in the first round and it be justified  ;D

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2017, 10:13:29 am

I am not going turncoat on you but chew on this. When I say "recruiting" or "Superior Athlete" I picture 6'4, 235lbs. Now this may make me sound elitist but when I say D1 players I'm thinking ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC. If PA was producing 5-7 players a year that were getting full rides to those teams I'd carry the "they recruit" flag. A school that size that produced those kind of players would be questionable. A lot of the players you mentioned went to schools like UCA, Southern Missouri and places like that, there were also many walk-ons. Now I am not disparaging the smaller schools, it is an accomplishment to play at any college, I salute those players, but an average sized, average abilities football player can achieve a scholarship to an FCS school through work ethic and good coaching. Look at the present PA qb, good player, solid athlete and great leader. Through PA's system and coaching his football iq is off the charts, to me he is the epitome of a made player. ASU has offered him, that's a testament to hark work and good coaching. The reality is that it no matter how smart/well coached he is Ohio State isn't interested. That's not a knock on him, that's a knock on the "they recruit" debate. When I hear they produce 5-7 scholarship players a year I'm picturing a dozen coaches on the sidelines holding stop watches, clipboards and wearing Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan, UCLA and Notre Dame golf shirts. You don't see that at PA.   

MDXPHD

D-1 isn't just power five conferences. C'mon man!

And I don't doubt they work hard. But you don't think these kids are naturally talented? Respectfully, I think you're way off on your assessment on what a D-1 player is. Walk on, lower tier school, etc., They're still much better athletes than what the majority of other teams consist of. That can't be disputed.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2017, 11:48:21 am
D-1 isn't just power five conferences. C'mon man!

And I don't doubt they work hard. But you don't think these kids are naturally talented? Respectfully, I think you're way off on your assessment on what a D-1 player is. Walk on, lower tier school, etc., They're still much better athletes than what the majority of other teams consist of. That can't be disputed.

Hey, I'm as open as anyone to bring the recruiting charge. I also am open to facts. Why can no one who questions their practices explain the fact that the vast majority of their athletes started there in 1st grade? do they expect me to believe they combed the kindergartens? that right there is the missing link. Heck, I'd be will to go as far as 7th grade. If a lot of PA football players started at the school in the 7th grade I'd buy the recruiting narrative. They didn't, almost all of them started in elementary school. That right there is one massive missing link. How is that possible? Are they recruiting 5 year olds? Every father of a 5 year old boy believes his Son will be a pro athlete, most are wrong. Whenever PA posters state that over 90% of the team started in 1st grade at PA the recruiting people go dead silent. Any thoughts?

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on October 18, 2017, 12:02:45 pm
Hey, I'm as open as anyone to bring the recruiting charge. I also am open to facts. Why can no one who questions their practices explain the fact that the vast majority of their athletes started there in 1st grade? do they expect me to believe they combed the kindergartens? that right there is the missing link. Heck, I'd be will to go as far as 7th grade. If a lot of PA football players started at the school in the 7th grade I'd buy the recruiting narrative. They didn't, almost all of them started in elementary school. That right there is one massive missing link. How is that possible? Are they recruiting 5 year olds? Every father of a 5 year old boy believes his Son will be a pro athlete, most are wrong. Whenever PA posters state that over 90% of the team started in 1st grade at PA the recruiting people go dead silent. Any thoughts?

I'm not saying they recruit. I'm saying they have better athletes than the majority of 5A schools. Athletes probably choose to go there, and if they can get financial aid and attend a school with the exposure of PA, why not go?

STBruin

I would say the biggest difference is the coaching! PA doesn't necessarily have better athletes than most 5A schools, but they have some of the best coaches in 5A or any classification for that matter! Kelley is the master of matchups and schemes to put his kids in the Best situation, and opposing teams in a mismatch.

MDXPHD

Quote from: STBruin on October 18, 2017, 12:18:18 pm
I would say the biggest difference is the coaching! PA doesn't necessarily have better athletes than most 5A schools, but they have some of the best coaches in 5A or any classification for that matter! Kelley is the master of matchups and schemes to put his kids in the Best situation, and opposing teams in a mismatch.

Of course you would lol.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2017, 12:06:20 pm
I'm not saying they recruit. I'm saying they have better athletes than the majority of 5A schools. Athletes probably choose to go there, and if they can get financial aid and attend a school with the exposure of PA, why not go?

Again it doesn't address the issue. They choose to go there in 1st grade? do superior athletes start to show signs of athleticism in kindergarten? I was ask to coach t-ball a few years ago. I didn't see anything that led me to believe any of the kids would become a star football player. Maybe I wasn't looking. Do the stars chase more bugs in the outfield? Do they spend more time staring at the Med Star helicopter landing at WRMC? Do they pick their noses with more/less frequency? I have been a pretty die hard sports fan since I was 7. I can't seem see superior talent in 5 year olds. Apparently the coaches and parents of PA players can.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on October 18, 2017, 12:56:13 pm
Again it doesn't address the issue. They choose to go there in 1st grade? do superior athletes start to show signs of athleticism in kindergarten? I was ask to coach t-ball a few years ago. I didn't see anything that led me to believe any of the kids would become a star football player. Maybe I wasn't looking. Do the stars chase more bugs in the outfield? Do they spend more time staring at the Med Star helicopter landing at WRMC? Do they pick their noses with more/less frequency? I have been a pretty die hard sports fan since I was 7. I can't seem see superior talent in 5 year olds. Apparently the coaches and parents of PA players can.

I think you're missing the point. Kids who normally couldn't attend a school like PA, yet they get the chance to because of financial aid, seem to do so more for football than for any other sport and actually more for football than the total financial aid ratio of their school. So yes, looking at numbers, it seems that football is a big influence.

But, if you are legitimately asking if you can tell if a kid is a good athlete in grade school, then the answer is yes. Although that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 18, 2017, 12:06:20 pm

If PA were recruiting, their roster would look like an all star team which it does not. But, I agree there is a "build it and they will come" aspect to successful programs. If parents have the means and football backgrounds/interest themselves, PA is an attractive option in greater Little Rock. If you happened to be a college athlete, you have a pretty good idea whether your first grader got the same physical attributes or not and you probably have more than a passing interest in athletics. That is why I also believe a move up in classification is as much reward as punishment, i.e more high profile games = more interest/exposure to potential athlete enrollees

Maynard G Krebs

October 18, 2017, 01:33:59 pm #1137 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:42:11 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Visiting the state fair livestock exhibits, I was thrown back to the days when I achieved the rank of Chapter Farmer in the FFA, and then it hit me!  The answer is breeding.  Just as the cattle farmers pay attention to their livestock with selective breeding programs to produce the better offspring, so it has been in the PA community.  It's all about the breeding.  No need to recruit with an excellent breeding program.  Saavy?

Excuse me, as I feel the urge to take a smoke break 😏

Overdahill

Build it and they will come.................

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 18, 2017, 01:33:59 pm
Visiting the state fair livestock exhibits, I was thrown back to the days when I achieved the rank of Chapter Farmer in the FFA, and then it hit me!  The answer is breeding.  Just as the cattle farmers pay attention to their livestock with selective breeding programs to produce the better offspring, so it has been in the PA community.  It's all about the breeding.  No need to recruit with an excellent breeding program.  Saavy?

I mean, if you have the money to genetically engineer superior football players, why wouldn't you?

Overdahill

Come on Man! If this was the program there wouldn't be any weaknesses  :D

sevenof400

Somewhere, behind a cigarette smoke cloud, Steve Perry smiles.....

PrivateLesson

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Would you put PA in the same category as schools like Mater Dei, IMG Academy, Centennial, American Heritage, Bishop Gorman? To name a few?

MDXPHD

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 18, 2017, 03:03:07 pm
Would you put PA in the same category as schools like Mater Dei, IMG Academy, Centennial, American Heritage, Bishop Gorman? To name a few?

IMG is it's own category I think.

JessieP

No PA supporter would put them in that category. When that stupid "Kevin Kelly should coach the Razorbacks" thread was going on I said if you took our 2 centerpieces, Greenwood and PA, and put them in a league with IMG, Allen, Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei, De La Salle, Centennial, St Joes and Heritage they would both go 1-8 and 0-9. The only victory would come against each other. They would probably be mercy ruled in every game as well.

Overdahill

read some threads; nobody is doing that. Heck, LRCA is not gonna lay 56 on any top 20 team for crying out loud

Overdahill

October 18, 2017, 04:08:22 pm #1147 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:13:07 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: JessieP on October 18, 2017, 03:41:30 pm
No PA supporter would put them in that category. When that stupid "Kevin Kelly should coach the Razorbacks" thread was going on I said if you took our 2 centerpieces, Greenwood and PA, and put them in a league with IMG, Allen, Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei, De La Salle, Centennial, St Joes and Heritage they would both go 1-8 and 0-9. The only victory would come against each other. They would probably be mercy ruled in every game as well.

Maybe not mercy ruled; not sure if every state has that rule  ;)

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on October 18, 2017, 04:08:22 pm
Maybe not mercy ruled; not sure if every state has that rule  ;)

Touche! I hope you realize I was not knocking PA. I was stating that some of those schools are admitted football factories. A lot of the schools out in Texas, Florida and California have enrollments of over 4,000. De La Salle's OL averages 6'5, 280 lbs. That's a high school. It's unfair and unrealistic to think schools in Arkansas with enrollments between 350 and 700 could compete with the big boys. I read an article in the Salt Lake Tribune that said last years East Salt Lake team had 2 OL and 3 DL committed to Pac-12 and Big 10 schools. It's a completely different world.

Overdahill

October 18, 2017, 07:43:05 pm #1149 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:57:11 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: JessieP on October 18, 2017, 04:44:47 pm
Touche! I hope you realize I was not knocking PA. I was stating that some of those schools are admitted football factories. A lot of the schools out in Texas, Florida and California have enrollments of over 4,000. De La Salle's OL averages 6'5, 280 lbs. That's a high school. It's unfair and unrealistic to think schools in Arkansas with enrollments between 350 and 700 could compete with the big boys. I read an article in the Salt Lake Tribune that said last years East Salt Lake team had 2 OL and 3 DL committed to Pac-12 and Big 10 schools. It's a completely different world.

NP, We agree on this one. I worked in Euless, Texas for over a decade and had a one year assignment near Concord, CA. There is some big boy ball going on at that level. BTW, check out a video of Euless Trinity doing the HAKA for pre game sometime....Beast mode  :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas