• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Baseball 2016

Started by WPWells, October 25, 2015, 06:19:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Okay, so I know this is way premature, but if there's any interest in discussion about this now. Baseball will always be my favorite, and I'm always down for discussion on the greatest sport ever invented

WPWells

A lot depends on the freshmen. The middle infield will be solid. I've heard Pennell and Gosser both made strides this offseason. I think it'll be the best staff in the country ERA-wise

WPWells

Quote from: ebolin on October 26, 2015, 09:05:41 pm
Maybe starters ERA. Who in the world is going to be the bridge from the starters to Jackson? Biggest question on the whole roster for me.

Ease up on the catchers. Pennell and Gosser "taking steps" means instead of batting .200, they might bat .220. Haha. I liked DVH's use of the word "more balance." He isn't wrong. And "more balance in the lineup" sounds better than "worse lineup." Which is what I think it's going to be. Zero sluggers (maybe Spanberger/Gassaway. Maybe). Lotta guys who can take a walk, though, so that helps.

I caught one of the Fall World Series games and really liked Spanberger, Nomura, and Shaddy.

ricepig

Quote from: ebolin on October 26, 2015, 09:05:41 pm
Maybe starters ERA. Who in the world is going to be the bridge from the starters to Jackson? Biggest question on the whole roster for me.

Ease up on the catchers. Pennell and Gosser "taking steps" means instead of batting .200, they might bat .220. Haha. I liked DVH's use of the word "more balance." He isn't wrong. And "more balance in the lineup" sounds better than "worse lineup." Which is what I think it's going to be. Zero sluggers (maybe Spanberger/Gassaway. Maybe). Lotta guys who can take a walk, though, so that helps.

They won't have a 20 HR guy like AB, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the team hit the same amount of HR's this year. Lots of guys improve from one year to the next, like the previously mentioned player.

WPWells

We always have been. I think we brought in a strong recruiting class (as per the norm) and we'll definitely keep our streak of consecutive tournament appearances alive!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas