• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Signs showing guidelines for fan and parental behavior?

Started by rheddhoss, August 15, 2015, 10:40:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rheddhoss

I was at a basketball game a few years back and noticed a large sign detailing sportsmanlike behavior for fans and parents. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the exact wording. Has anyone seen a sign like this who would share? I would like to see this displayed at more sports venues.

Basketballfan13

I've seen one sign in quite a few gyms that says "Let the players PLAY, Let the coaches COACH, Let the officials OFFICIATE, and Let the spectators be POSITIVE"

rheddhoss

Could anyone else  share any specific wording? i know there are several different ones out there.

1-Adam-12

I know County Line has/had a sign like that by the concession stand.

ab24

I have seen a few signs like this, unfortunately most unruly fans don't care what the signs say and the "rules" are not enforced.

sixthman

While obnoxious fans have gotten on my nerves on many more than one occasion, I think as long as they are not cussing, threatning, empeading the game, or otherwise overly abusive, let them have their fun. I think some of these folks aren't happy unless they are complaining about something, usually the refs. They are only making themselves look bad.

Lions84

We are seeing them more all the time and UIL Texas requires Football announcers to read the UIL Sportsmanship Statement before the games.

Legend

What is sad is this problem is worse in pee wee games that school ball.

Lions84

Quote from: Legend on November 12, 2015, 06:25:10 am
What is sad is this problem is worse in pee wee games that school ball.

That is what I am hearing down here from folks in Pee Wee.

Longfellow

Last year at a TR peewee game, there was a fight last year between parents. The worst part was they were all from Ola

Legend

I guess they just moved the fights from pee wee to the hs game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas