• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Longfellow

Quote from: AirWarren on December 18, 2018, 07:57:11 am
Jose Mourinho is fired as coach for Manchester United.
I hope they hire Zidane and he headbutts a reporter

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on December 19, 2018, 11:51:44 am
I hope they hire Zidane and he headbutts a reporter

Hear conte is in the running.

As is the spurs coach.

Longfellow

Yea I was reading last night about the Spurs head man being the front runner

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on December 19, 2018, 07:36:59 pm
Chelsea beats Bournemouth 1-0.

On to the semifinals in the Carabao Cup vs Tottenham which is 2 legs and not just one match. Man City was the lucky one who drew Burton Albion who has made it amazingly to the semifinals and they are in League One this season. Between the congested number of EPL fixtures this month, the Europa League, Carabao Cup now, and the start of the FA Cup on January 5th you will have ample chances to see Chelsea play that's for sure. They got an easy round of 32 draw in the Europa League so they should coast through that.

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on December 19, 2018, 12:26:07 pm
Yea I was reading last night about the Spurs head man being the front runner

I think the money will lure him as loyal as he has been to them.... Money talks for sure.

beach bum

Anyone else noticed with American soccer that the United Soccer League here in the States keeps making a push to get into a lot of those "mid sized" markets. They even added a club in Memphis of all places. Them along with Albuquerque, El Paso, Austin, Birmingham AL, Hartford CT, and a club based on the outskirts of Washington DC were added.

They even have a structure of the top league, second division, and third division. I know the teams in Sacramento & Louisville have solid attendance. I like that some of these smaller markets are getting some soccer at least and maybe more of them will start getting 10K plus to start showing up on a nightly basis like the two cities above.

I want USL to grow cause if MLS stays on the path it stays growing and USL can bring in 10 to 15 more legitimate markets then who knows maybe in 20 years we have our own promotion and relegation.

beach bum

Crystal Palace just took a 2-1 lead at Man City on an unbelievable Townsend goal.... It's such an unbelievable goal you got to see it some time for sure.

beach bum

What an utterly strange day so far.... So many clubs getting 3 points on the road.

-Leicester go to Stamford Bridge and beat Chelsea

-Man City lose to Palace at the Ethiad

-Watford & Southampton get 3 points on the road as well

-Arsenal & Bournemouth take care of business at home

-Newcastle and Fulham in a 0-0 snoozefest (someone get Rafa some players up in Newcastle)

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on December 22, 2018, 09:38:36 am
Crystal Palace just took a 2-1 lead at Man City on an unbelievable Townsend goal.... It's such an unbelievable goal you got to see it some time for sure.

You can give him Goal of the Year right now.  As the Brits say, an absolute pearler.

AirWarren

beach bum

Man U sacks Jose and all it takes is one match for them to look fun and open in their style.... Fun half to watch.

Longfellow

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on December 22, 2018, 11:24:48 am
You can give him Goal of the Year right now.  As the Brits say, an absolute pearler.
Finally had a chance to watch it and wow! What an absolute gem of a shot

AirWarren

WPWells

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Inter Milan has to play two home matches without fans in attendance after fans were banned due to racial abuse toward Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 27, 2018, 02:05:26 pm
Inter Milan has to play two home matches without fans in attendance after fans were banned due to racial abuse toward Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly.

Soccer officials don't play.

beach bum

If Liverpool can get 6 points in their next 2 matches it may be their title to take.... I am not sure they will though cause they have Arsenal at home then travel to Man City just days later. It's going to be tough for them to get all the points. If they could even get 4 points that would be incredible. The schedule gets pretty soft for them after that in the EPL

beach bum

Christian Pulisic has been signed by Chelsea for 57 million reports are showing.... He will officially move this summer.

Also, in the MLS the Columbus Crew have been saved from what seemed like their incoming move to Austin, Texas. However the owners have the Cleveland Browns bought the club to save the Crew.

beach bum

Liverpool and Arsenal living up to the hype.... Goals, goals, and more goals with it 3-1 Liverpool up just 33 minutes in

How about Wolves scoring 3 goals late in the match in quick succession to beat Tottenham at Wembley  ;D

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 29, 2018, 01:24:40 pm
The title is Liverpool's to lose at this point.

A win at Man City in a few days and its over essentially. Even a draw would be great for Liverpool, but make it interesting down the stretch.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on December 28, 2018, 07:31:35 pm
Christian Pulisic has been signed by Chelsea for 57 million reports are showing.... He will officially move this summer.

Also, in the MLS the Columbus Crew have been saved from what seemed like their incoming move to Austin, Texas. However the owners have the Cleveland Browns bought the club to save the Crew.

YES.

AirWarren

beach bum

FA Cup under way in the round of 64 this weekend with the Premier League teams finally involved

Fabregas played his last match in a Chelsea uniform, goes down as a club legend at the Bridge

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on January 05, 2019, 05:03:31 pm
FA Cup under way in the round of 64 this weekend with the Premier League teams finally involved

Fabregas played his last match in a Chelsea uniform, goes down as a club legend at the Bridge

Nice win against Nottingham forest.

Thank you Fabregas. Great career at Chelsea. Always been one of my favorites.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Quote from: AirWarren on January 06, 2019, 01:35:30 pm
LCFC knocked out of FA cup by 4th tier team. Crazy!

All credit to Newport County.  They just wanted it more.

PL side Fulham also go down, at home, to 4th tier Oldham Athletic on a goal in the 88th minute after Fulham had a 85th-minute penalty saved by the Owls' keeper.

And Sheffield United, 2nd I believe in the Championship, were eliminated (again at their home ground) by non-league side Barnet.  The Bees made a 15th-minute goal stand up.  The Blades' coach wouldn't let the team leave the stadium by the main entrance.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Chelsea loses to spurs earlier this week.

Chelsea beats Newcastle today 2-1.

beach bum

Out of all the fan bases in the EPL you feel for Newcastle the most... Such a big and passionate fan base, but an owner who is cheap as it gets even though they on paper have the makings to be in European football some times. This should be a club in the top 7 area from time to time, but the owner holds them back.

Longfellow

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Petr Cech set to retire at seasons end. His UCL saves in penalty kicks against Bayern are one of my very first experiences with high level soccer fandom. It was amazing and it's when I fell in awe with Chelsea FC. If you've never seen it, YouTube the final 15 minutes of that Chelsea vs Bayern Munich Match. It's really fun. I equate it to Texas vs USC in 2005. Just great competition.

Harry Kane is also out until March. Big blow.

Longfellow

AirWarren

beach bum

-From my understanding the MLS is going to stop expansion for a while after they get to 28 and Austin FC does make it 27 starting for the 2021 season

-FC Cincinnati makes it 24 for this season starting in less than 2 months

-Inter Miami and Nashville SC next year in 2020 will have it at 26 until Austin FC joins the following year

-Besides Austin the rest of the teams they have recently added are all in the East so you would think the 28th team might be a market out West like Sacramento, Las Vegas, or Phoenix

Longfellow

I don't know if Vegas is the right move with the Oakland Raiders impending move, but Phoenix could be a nice little market for a team

VHSCoach2

I think it will only be a matter of time before Vegas is home to a team from each of the "Big Four." They have the Golden Knights and are getting the Raiders. I think they may look to get an expansion team (or a relocated team) in the NBA and MLB before the MLS. However, the easiest route to an expansion team is the MLS.

AirWarren

Morata is more than likely transferring from Chelsea. I would say that he won't be incredibly missed and he hasn't exactly fit in with English soccer. Looks to be headed to Atletico where he will join former Chelsea striker, Diego Costa.

It also appears that Gonzalo Higuain from AC Milan is about reunite with Sarri at Chelsea.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on January 17, 2019, 01:35:58 pm
Morata is more than likely transferring from Chelsea. I would say that he won't be incredibly missed and he hasn't exactly fit in with English soccer. Looks to be headed to Atletico where he will join former Chelsea striker, Diego Costa.

It also appears that Gonzalo Higuain from AC Milan is about reunite with Sarri at Chelsea.

Not saying he is still near that level he was 2 or 3 years ago, but the last time he played for him he did break the Serie A record for goals in a season so you got to assume he still can get plenty of goals with what they did have in the past.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on January 17, 2019, 03:49:40 pm

Not saying he is still near that level he was 2 or 3 years ago, but the last time he played for him he did break the Serie A record for goals in a season so you got to assume he still can get plenty of goals with what they did have in the past.

Think it was 35 goals?

beach bum

beach bum

I usually don't catch the 6:30 Saturday game, but randomly did today and I am glad I did. The first two matches on NBC Sports combined for 14 goals  :o .... And right after this Chelsea vs Arsenal as the cherry on top

Wolves 4 Leicester 3

Liverpool 4 Crystal Palace 3

Longfellow

I caught the last few minutes of that Liverpool/Palace match and that was some of the most entertaining soccer I've seen in a while

VHSCoach2

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 19, 2019, 01:11:12 pm
Arsenal taking it to Chelsea. Today is a good day.

Embarrassing. I'm still sour over Diego costa. How in the heck do you allow such a talent to escape?

How about those wolves!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas