• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on June 08, 2017, 11:21:06 am
Is costa move official?

That sucks.

I am guessing Conte wanted him out and yes it is official... I am just speculating though that they wouldn't have did it without a big name striker already lined up. I bet by early next week we hear a big name signing in his place.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 08, 2017, 11:28:19 am
I am guessing Conte wanted him out and yes it is official... I am just speculating though that they wouldn't have did it without a big name striker already lined up. I bet by early next week we hear a big name signing in his place.

Man. I'm not entirely happy about that. I loved Diego Costa.

But if we have a striker lined up, I'm all for it.

I can't blame Conte. If I had a player that got paid what he did, has a temper to deal with like he has, speculated about a China move last year and showed interest in leaving again after this year....see ya.

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Pulisic opens up the scoring to go up 1-0 on Trinidad and Tobago.... Hopefully we get at least one more.

beach bum

Longfellow

AirWarren

beach bum

What a thrilling end to the 2-2 draw between Scotland and England..... Scotland was ready to party into the night until Harry Kane netted a goal 3 minutes into stoppage time.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2017, 01:30:58 pm
What a thrilling end to the 2-2 draw between Scotland and England..... Scotland was ready to party into the night until Harry Kane netted a goal 3 minutes into stoppage time.

Freaking Harry Kane. Another talented young star.

VHSCoach2

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 10, 2017, 10:18:12 pm
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is reportedly signing with the LA Galaxy.

I called that a few days ago. I knew if he came out to the USA it would be in that market. They say he will be 100% by January which puts him in line to start playing next season. I'll have to see him play when he comes to my neck of the woods for sure.

Longfellow

Zlatan is one of my favorite players. Glad to see that he's leaving Manchester

Side note: put an order for my AFC Bournemouth jersey in today

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on June 10, 2017, 11:12:41 pm
Zlatan is one of my favorite players. Glad to see that he's leaving Manchester

Side note: put an order for my AFC Bournemouth jersey in today

Is it true they are building a larger stadium too? They continue to grow rapidly in wins and as a brand as a whole as well.....

AirWarren

beach bum

I can't wait for that Mexico game.... It got a little chippy when we lost in the USA so I am hoping we can do whatever it takes to get a win.

VHSCoach2

Double header today. US Women kick off at noon at Fox against Norway, then the men kickoff at 7:30 on Fox Sports 1 against Mexico.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on June 11, 2017, 09:24:56 am
I can't wait for that Mexico game.... It got a little chippy when we lost in the USA so I am hoping we can do whatever it takes to get a win.

The stadium is going to be hostile. And I suspect there will be a lot of political rhetoric spewed from the host team.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2017, 11:22:32 pm
Is it true they are building a larger stadium too? They continue to grow rapidly in wins and as a brand as a whole as well.....
I read that they are scouting locations to build the new stadium. I think that's as far as they've gotten so far

Quote from: AirWarren on June 11, 2017, 10:01:18 am
The stadium is going to be hostile. And I suspect there will be a lot of political rhetoric spewed from the host team.
Does someone have an over/under on the number of fouls tonight? Cause I'll take the over. I imagine it'll be like game 4 of the NBA finals

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2017, 11:22:32 pm

Bournemouth plan to build a new stadium, but it won't be ready until 2020.

It looks like they will be signing Jermain Defoe later this summer.

VHSCoach2

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on June 11, 2017, 11:30:23 am
I read that they are scouting locations to build the new stadium. I think that's as far as they've gotten so far
Does someone have an over/under on the number of fouls tonight? Cause I'll take the over. I imagine it'll be like game 4 of the NBA finals

I think it's going to get really chippy tonight.

Mexico feels scorned and has a mentality like we owe them something. I've heard it from the mouth of a Hispanic HEART SURGEON.  That's what they are taught in their schools etc. Being a half and half,  this game is important to me. I can't stand losing to Mexico in ANYTHING.

VHSCoach2

Should have already been a red card on Mexico. Dangerous elbow.

GOOOOAAAAALLLL MICHAEL BRADLEY!

VHSCoach2

...and that's what happens when you fail to shut down the counter attack quickly...

AirWarren

Go Postal

I just got to watch the last half of the USA/Mexico game. Exciting last 20 minutes. I just saw in local news that Alma did get a great coach to start their program. About dang time for them to join with the rest of the World. 8)

VHSCoach2

One year from today, the 2018 FIFA World Cup kicks off!  As of now, three countries are confirmed for the tournament: Russia (hosts), Brazil, and Iran.

1-Adam-12

Surprising (to me) managerial change in the PL as Claude Puel is sacked at Southampton.  I thought he did a pretty good job.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 14, 2017, 12:19:21 pm
One year from today, the 2018 FIFA World Cup kicks off!  As of now, three countries are confirmed for the tournament: Russia (hosts), Brazil, and Iran.

I couldn't believe how easily Brazil cruised through CONMEBOL.... I am interested to see what kind of product Russia brings on its home soil so I am going to be watching the Confederations Cup closely starting this weekend.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on June 14, 2017, 05:30:42 pm
Surprising (to me) managerial change in the PL as Claude Puel is sacked at Southampton.  I thought he did a pretty good job.

The timing made it even more bizarre. That if this was going to even happen then why a full month after the season....

beach bum

The Premier League fixtures were released yesterday. The only big match the first 2 weeks is when Chelsea travel to Spurs temporary home week 2..... I will be rooting for Brighton this season out of the 3 promoted clubs. They host Manchester City to start. If I looked correctly Everton has a tough stretch to begin the season.

1-Adam-12

First five for Everton:  Good gracious.

After Stoke at home they get four of the Big 5 one right after the other:  Man City away, Chelsea away, home to Spurs, and Man Utd away.

Bournemouth has it pretty good:  West Brom away, home to Watford, home to Man City, Arsenal away, home to Brighton. Chance for at least a decent start for the Cherries.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on June 15, 2017, 04:41:18 pm
Battle at wembley.

Already can't wait.

Tottenham loves that high press and that is why I don't think they will do as good at Wembley next year. They practically played on as small of a pitch you are allowed at White Hart Lane, and Wembley is much wider so it may wear on my them as the season goes along. They'll still be very good but may drop a few points here or there. That is why I think they'll come up just short again next season.

VHSCoach2

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 16, 2017, 10:22:33 am
Cristiano Ronaldo has left Real Madrid.

What??

Did anyone see this coming!?

Of course he has been said to have been evading taxes in Spain.

VHSCoach2

He was accused of evading taxes, but paperwork was provided that proved he paid taxes. In the end, though, he is angry enough at the government in Spain that he wants to leave the country.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 16, 2017, 11:28:25 am
He was accused of evading taxes, but paperwork was provided that proved he paid taxes. In the end, though, he is angry enough at the government in Spain that he wants to leave the country.

I would want to leave Spain....France....etc too.

1-Adam-12

Wow, Everton is throwing around the money like I've never seen before. 

They have signed GK Jordan Pickford (Sunderland) and also a promising young midfielder Davy Klassen from Ajax.   They also are about to sign defender Sandro Ramirez from Malaga, who I've heard is deadly from long range.

They are also interested in bringing in Gylfi Sigurdsson.  The Toffees are splashing the cash and if it works out exciting times ahead!

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on June 17, 2017, 12:53:40 pm
Wow, Everton is throwing around the money like I've never seen before. 

They have signed GK Jordan Pickford (Sunderland) and also a promising young midfielder Davy Klassen from Ajax.   They also are about to sign defender Sandro Ramirez from Malaga, who I've heard is deadly from long range.

They are also interested in bringing in Gylfi Sigurdsson.  The Toffees are splashing the cash and if it works out exciting times ahead!

If they get Sigurdsson then their midfield will be special...

beach bum

Russia handled its business 2-0 against New Zealand today to kick off the Confederations Cup..... tomorrow has some better matchups with Chile vs. Cameroon and can't wait for Mexico vs. Portugal

AirWarren

beach bum

Portugal and Mexico didn't disappoint and ended in a pretty exciting 2-2 draw which was the result Russia was looking for. Just a single win against either Mexico or Portugal will now send them through the group. Chile and Cameroon are next and I will take Chile 3-0 in this one.

VHSCoach2

Watched Portugal-mexico from my hotel in St. Louis. Was really hoping Portugal would hang on.

AirWarren

Is Ronaldo goes back to Manchester United, chalk up the EPL back to them.

AirWarren

Loved seeing Mexico knock Russia out.

Hoping for a Mexico vs Portugal final.

beach bum

The exact semifinals matchups I wanted are happening.... Mexico vs Germany AND Portugal vs Chile

beach bum

Since the soccer board slows down this time of year I'll put my two cents in on the MLS season at roughly the half way point of the regular season. This has been the most I've followed it this season so far....

-The East has finally seemed to leap frog the West as the better conference.
-Toronto is doing what it should at the top & they have money and players to always do well
-Chicago is playing lights out and people want to see Bastian Schweinsteiger play
-Atlanta and Orlando have been streaky and have unbelievable fan bases which I don't think we saw coming. Atlanta is selling out Bobby Dodd Stadium every game. Who said soccer couldn't work in the South?
-David Villa has NYCFC sitting well after getting to 50 MLS goals recently

-The West has Sporting KC on top, they are my favorite team but I am not too sure they will stay up there. They'll certainly get a good seed but I don't think they can hold off some clubs right on their heels
-Seattle has been utterly disappointing
-Portland routinely drops points they should not with losses to Minnesota twice and drew to a 10 man Seattle just last night
-I am glad Minnesota sorted out their first 3 matches cause boy was I worried, they seem to be a formidable club now

EAST
1.Toronto- 35 points  (17 matches played)
2.Chicago Fire- 34  (17)

3.NYCFC - 30  (17)
4.Orlando City-  26 (18)
5.Columbus-  25 (18)
6.Atlanta-  24 (17)

7.NY Red Bulls-  23 (17)
8.New England- 20 (17)
9.Philadelphia- 19 (16)
10.DC United- 18 (17)
11.Montreal- 18 (15)

WEST
1.Sporting Kansas City- 30 (18)
2.Houston Dynamo- 25 -(17)

3. FC Dallas- 25 (16)
4.Portland- 25 (18)
5.San Jose- 23 (17)
6.LA Galaxy- 22 (16)

7.Vancouver- 21 (15)
8.Seattle- 21 (18)
9.Minnesota United- 18 (17)
10.Real Salt Lake- 17 (18)
11.Colorado Rapids- 16 (16)

AirWarren

Surprised at how much success and support Atlanta has had this year. It seems Atlanta has embraced them.

VHSCoach2

I don't think we've ever had this discussion on the board before:

Although I don't think it will happen anytime soon (if ever), do you guys think the United States' leagues should adopt promotion/relegation like the other top leagues around the world?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas