• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kobe Done?

Started by MA, April 13, 2013, 12:33:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MA

Torn Achilles. Is this a career ender? I know Kobe is the ultimate competitor and he will do everything he can to get back... but will he ever be the same?

Valleysports

MA

I've never been a Kobe fan. But as a basketball fan today is a terrible day. I can't even imagine the playoffs without Kobe. This isn't right. I'm rooting for him. But the Kobe Bryant we have become accustomed to is gone. Sad day for basketball

Lions84

YES he is done as Popeyes Fried Chicken.

vtowneagles

Kobe won't go out like that! Been through too much!!

KOJACK

Quote from: vtowneagles on April 17, 2013, 06:09:06 pm
Kobe won't go out like that! Been through too much!!
True, but he won't hang on and be an average player. His pride won't allow it.

vtowneagles

The real question is are the lakers done this year?

Russ PhD

Having gone through this injury, it will be about a year before he can WALK normally.  I don't think he will ever be able to get to be an "average" NBA player especially considering his age.

Breitontime

Extraordinary athletes have a way of making it back, and faster than normal people.

Kobe is an extraordinary athlete.

Russ PhD

Quote from: Breitontime on April 24, 2013, 06:57:09 pm
Extraordinary athletes have a way of making it back, and faster than normal people.

I don't think you understand Achilles tendon injuries.  He may make it back in less than a year, but I would be surprised. 

I had daily physical therapy and followed the ortho doc recommendations to the letter and it was a full year before I could walk normally.  This isn't having your knee scoped.  At 2 months, I still thought I would never walk again without crutches.

Valleysports

True - but he is an extraordinary 34 yr old.  I know you haven't experienced it yet, but time is one of his biggest opponents now.  Coming up on 35 yrs old ..... doubtful he'll be ready next season ......36.  Lakers are struggling to make Playoffs.  When does a player begin to weigh the pro's & con's of retirement?

Breitontime

Kobe said today he was walking without a limp.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Valleysports on April 28, 2013, 03:20:35 pm

True - but he is an extraordinary 34 yr old.  I know you haven't experienced it yet, but time is one of his biggest opponents now.  Coming up on 35 yrs old ..... doubtful he'll be ready next season ......36.  Lakers are struggling to make Playoffs.  When does a player begin to weigh the pro's & con's of retirement?
All-time scoring record may be motivation for him.

Breitontime

He says he will be playing in December. His docs say his rehab is going great, and is ahead of schedule. Like I said, extraordinary athletes, don't adhere to regular people's rules.

Peety

He's already posted pictures of him shooting. He will be back in a big way in 2013-14. Watch

Valleysports

Hang it up - bring in young tendons, ligaments, and muscle Kobe!

Valleysports

HorseFeathers

He's a 35 year old that has 18.5 years worth of games on those legs....Age catches up even with the best of us...

beach bum

Quote from: HF on March 11, 2015, 09:03:30 pm

100 games a year counting the postseason. I like to think I have a feisty spirit but that is just too much....

He's a 35 year old that has 18.5 years worth of games on those legs....Age catches up even with the best of us...

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on January 16, 2014, 04:39:53 am

+1

HorseFeathers

Valley...I'm not sure you understand the +1 thing

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on January 16, 2014, 04:39:53 am

beach bum

You are definitely a hoot today.... Kobe in his mind is going for 30 ppg next year. All on 11 for 32 nights from the field.

Infamous

The Lakers could be back to being a contender in a few years. Kobe will finally be gone after next season. So, superstars will be more receptive of the idea to coming to LA. With his contract off the books, it'll free up a surplus of cash. That, and Randle will be back to full strength next season along with them possessing the #2 pick in this year's draft.

mtindian42

Best player on the lakers is deangelo russell

Legend

I never really liked Kobe but to see someone end their career like that is horrible. He is one of the all time greats!

VHSCoach2

November 29, 2015, 06:26:48 pm #26 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:28:45 pm by VHSCoach2
Kobe Bryant has released a statement that he will be retiring at season's end.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dear-basketball/

1-Adam-12

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 29, 2015, 06:26:48 pm
Kobe Bryant has released a statement that he will be retiring at season's end.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dear-basketball/

This should be required reading for every basketball player.  Not a Kobe fan, but this really moved me.  A great tribute to the game.

VHSCoach2

The title of this thread "Kobe Done?" will need the question mark removed after tonight.

Mamba's last game.  Hopefully he can go out with a win.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 13, 2016, 08:56:44 pm
The title of this thread "Kobe Done?" will need the question mark removed after tonight.

Mamba's last game.  Hopefully he can go out with a win.

I took the question mark off for my post haha...... And the Lakers are lucky relegation isn't a part of the NBA! We might have to watch Sioux Falls of the D-League vs. LA Lakers if that was the case

AirWarren

Cutter morning stars vs the lakers.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 29, 2015, 08:58:13 pm
This should be required reading for every basketball player.  Not a Kobe fan, but this really moved me.  A great tribute to the game.

Just read that. Not a Kobe fan, but he is certainly one of the best in my generation. Great read.

BigLion10

Kobe drops 60 in his farewell game

Redwolves8526

That was absolutely incredible last night. Yes he took a lot of shots, but he heated up big time in the 4th. Vintage Kobe. Once he got that look in his eyes, you could tell he was going to take the game over. Going to miss the Mamba!

Longfellow

6-21 from the 3 point line. 22-50 from the field. Volume shooter. Volume scorer. Great game from a great player, but 50 shots is ridiculous.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Longfellow on April 14, 2016, 09:27:49 am
6-21 from the 3 point line. 22-50 from the field. Volume shooter. Volume scorer. Great game from a great player, but 50 shots is ridiculous.

The 3pt stat line looks bad, but shooting 44 percent isn't too terrible.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Longfellow on April 14, 2016, 09:27:49 am

Shaq challenged him to get 50 points in his final game, probably as a joke, but Kobe took him seriously.  Kobe wanted to have the most memorable last game, and I think he did just that. 

In my opinion, the greatest Laker of all time put on one final show for everyone to see.

In future years, basketball fans will be asking, "Where were you on April 13, 2016, the day of Kobe's final game and the day the Warriors broke the record?"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas