• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside at Greenwood - The Battle for Sebastian County

Started by RD™, October 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

It's been circled for a while. Both schools have let it be known out in the public they want to "beat" the other school. It's being called a must win in each community.

1) Southside wants to welcome Greenwood to big boy football and shut up the little brothers from down Highway 71
2) Greenwood wants to make Southside Victim #32 and keep on rolling

Two teams esteemed in tradition from varying conferences, two terrific coaches, two "ego-tistical" fan bases...

ONE HUGE GAME.

I am thinking close to 9,000 fans. Been waiting for this week for a while.

Let's do this.

7AFBFAN

Did you make it out tonight to Jim Rowland stadium RD? If so what did you think of those two teams?

Baitshop

The month of October will end on the 31st......and Greenwood's winning streak will end at #31 too.....

Courtesy or THE Southside Rebels....

RD™

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 12, 2012, 10:44:08 pm
Did you make it out tonight to Jim Rowland stadium RD? If so what did you think of those two teams?
I didn't, had some unfortunate things come up, babysitter didn't want to cooperate, etc, etc...I did listen and no doubt, next 2 weeks, we have our hands full.

RD™

AirWarren

If I lived that way Id be there. Big game in Arkansas football.

Baitshop

7AFBFAN

Both teams were impressive tonight. You missed a good game. Conway doesn't do much to trick anyone, they just line up and hand off to number 22 just about every time. He is a hoss. SS is getting better and has a chance to have a special team.

RD™

I got a busy schedule this week, and hopefully I will find time to get on here and trade some banter, but mostly tonight is how it's going down. LOL.

Baitshop

#3 for Conway was a difference maker for them also....

#22 reminded me of the Bricker (?) kid from HarBer a few years ago.....he ain't lookin' to go around you....

fnu lnu

Just continuing your thought, Bait.  Then on short yardage they put 64, their left guard, in at QB to run the Wildcat.  But, y'all handled it. 

7AFBFAN

Yes I agree. Number 3 is GW's number 15. We contained him so hopefully we will contain Morgan next week. The offense for SS is tough so next week will be interesting to see how many points they can put up. I think 10 offensive possessions may be pushing it for that game.

Baitshop

Quote from: fnu lnu on October 12, 2012, 10:59:49 pm
Just continuing your thought, Bait.  Then on short yardage they put 64, their left guard, in at QB to run the Wildcat.  But, y'all handled it. 

I'm not sure that we handled it too well....he scored twice inside the 10.....that guy was big, but he was surprisingly quick too....

Hey, they were a hard nosed, bust you in the mouth offense with a nice short passing game to keep you from putting too many in the box.....

Like I said, I don't want to see them again unless it's at WMS....

Brian G

Wish I could go, but you boys are going to have enough fun as it is.  This game becomes the real battle down there now as it trumps NS vs SS and Alma vs GW. 

Can't wait to hear the predictions.

I would like to ask everyone really enjoy themselves and try to stay in bounds.

AirWarren

Nothing against SS, I respect that program, but I gotta go with Greenwood. Plus Warren has played and beaten them before ha!

Best of luck to both teams. Going to be a fun thread to follow this week.

fnu lnu

Quote from: B.G. on October 12, 2012, 11:12:07 pm
Wish I could go, but you boys are going to have enough fun as it is.  This game becomes the real battle down there now as it trumps NS vs SS and Alma vs GW. 

Can't wait to hear the predictions.

I would like to ask everyone really enjoy themselves and try to stay in bounds.

{Snicker}

TigerDog

Here comes the Boom....the wittle Webels gonna get spanked......

Those Fort Smith folks r so nervous they r burning up the pharmacies to refill their anxiety meds. Lol

7AFBFAN

Someone please send Tigerdog the film of tonight's SS game so he doesn't get surprised next Friday night. Nuff said.

Baitshop

Quote from: TigerDog on October 12, 2012, 11:47:06 pm
Here comes the Boom....the wittle Webels gonna get spanked......

Those Fort Smith folks r so nervous they r burning up the pharmacies to refill their anxiety meds. Lol

You boys better have every dentist in Greenwood at the game next week.....because you are get hit in the mouth more than you EVER have in the 5A.....ALL NITE LONG...!!.....

And then Conway and their #22 roll into town to give you your second dose of smashmouth football....

You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto....

Baitshop

This will be the BigBoy board thread to celebrate Greenwoods initiation into the big time....

No more Vilonia's or Greenbriers.....and the soft part of the Bulldogs schedule is over.....it's put up or shut up time for the University of Greenwood....

There's a bad storm brewing in north Sebastian County and it's headed south on Friday nite....

LETS PARTY...!!

urhog

Please tell me this game will be streamed live on the net.
Lil urhog is playing siloam so I can watch both.

B.S.

urhog

TTofGreenwood

Baitshop

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2012, 12:42:39 am
How was Little Rock TT..??..??

Wet and shady.  Burger King was a eat and run, if u know what I mean.

Baitshop

TTofGreenwood

Press box was alright. Their AD said, " man y'all travel good!" bleachers on one side, but a great Greenwood crowd braved the elements.  Field was surprisingly dry! 

Come see me next week, I finally found out who you are!   ;)

Baitshop

TTofGreenwood

Walk in the press box like you own it!  I tell my bodyguards to let u through.

Baitshop

I've got some Greenwood gear stuffed in the back of my lingerie drawer that I might still fit in.....I may take you up on that offer....what time do you boys get up there..??

B. Kirk

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2012, 01:01:49 am
I've got some Greenwood gear stuffed in the back of my lingerie drawer that I might still fit in.....I may take you up on that offer....what time do you boys get up there..??

5:55. I'll see if our counselor can get you an all access pass.

TTofGreenwood

P.F.G.

This should be a good game. I think we have all been waiting for this week.

Also, The HB from Conway has been turning some trails in recruiting. How big was he really? Any speed to him?

fnu lnu

Quote from: Alma4life on October 13, 2012, 08:12:14 am

Also, The HB from Conway has been turning some trails in recruiting. How big was he really? Any speed to him?

#22, unfortunately I cannot recall his name, looked to have good size and speed, but it was hard for me to tell because there was a lot of size and speed around him on both teams.  I know that's not much help but I have to say, the kid runs hard.  He always looked like he was running down hill.  He was blowing up some tackles.  I don't know why they ever tried to run him sideways. 

urhog

This rivalry needs a name like some of the other great rivalries. Battle of the Bone, Battle of the Bulldogs, etc.

Brian G

The Showdown?

Battle of Tradition?

Transfer Bowl?

River Rumble?

THE Game?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: urhog on October 13, 2012, 12:09:13 am
Please tell me this game will be streamed live on the net.
Lil urhog is playing siloam so I can watch both.

Do as The Earl doeth...

Skip thine own game and witnesseth thee lambs before thee lions.

Earl is my Hero!!

Brian G

urhog

Lambs and Lions (loser is called a lamb for a year).
Dixie vs Dogs.

DogsWin7

Earl is my Hero!!

Brian G

Baitshop

Baitshop

Quote from: fnu lnu on October 13, 2012, 08:44:56 am

#22, unfortunately I cannot recall his name, looked to have good size and speed, but it was hard for me to tell because there was a lot of size and speed around him on both teams.  I know that's not much help but I have to say, the kid runs hard.  He always looked like he was running down hill.  He was blowing up some tackles.  I don't know why they ever tried to run him sideways. 

#22's name was Jeff Anderson...

ricepig

Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2012, 10:13:02 am
Quote from: fnu lnu on October 13, 2012, 08:44:56 am

#22's name was Jeff Anderson...

Ask the man who called it a lot, he will remember. Bait, I counting om you Dixie boys and those Wampus Cats to put a Beatdown on GW, we like the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas