• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA vs Bald Knob

Started by Inigo Montoya, September 18, 2017, 09:33:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is going to win? Vota Vota Vota Amigos :)

HA
21 (58.3%)
BK
15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Inigo Montoya

G.......A......T......O......SSSSSSSSS....... 8)

Lions84

CoolBreeze

I'm going with the Wildcats but with less confidence after last week's loss.

FoxandHound34

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 18, 2017, 12:05:15 pm
I'm going with the Wildcats but with less confidence after last week's loss.

Losing to Heber doesn't usually mean bad things for the cats. Lots of really good HA teams have lost to Heber. Last time they lost, the ended up winning a title. You were right in what you said on another thread that Heber somewhat has their number. They were losing to Heber when both Francis kids were playing qb.

WCD2020

Should be a good game. These two teams really want to beat each other. This is usually for the conference title, although this year Mayflower may have something to say about that. I think the Wildcats will learn from last week and take care of business at home.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on September 19, 2017, 01:38:06 pm
Losing to Heber doesn't usually mean bad things for the cats. Lots of really good HA teams have lost to Heber. Last time they lost, the ended up winning a title. You were right in what you said on another thread that Heber somewhat has their number. They were losing to Heber when both Francis kids were playing qb.
The Wildcats last loss to Heber prior to this year was in 2014. That season ended with a loss to Mayflower. They lost to 5A Vilonia the next year and went on to went the championship.

In 2012, their previous championship season, the game against HS was called due to lightning in the area with the Panthers leading 6-0 and the Wildcats 2nd and goal inside the 5.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 19, 2017, 08:27:31 pm
The Wildcats last loss to Heber prior to this year was in 2014. That season ended with a loss to Mayflower. They lost to 5A Vilonia the next year and went on to went the championship.

In 2012, their previous championship season, the game against HS was called due to lightning in the area with the Panthers leading 6-0 and the Wildcats 2nd and goal inside the 5.

Ahh. Ok. Got the Vilonia and Heber loss mixed up.

Paperman

Williebe147

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on September 18, 2017, 09:33:18 am
G.......A......T......O......SSSSSSSSS....... 8)
Should be a good game. I think it is a toss up/ Whoever gets the breaks will take this one

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on September 19, 2017, 09:18:52 pm
Ahh. Ok. Got the Vilonia and Heber loss mixed up.
Easy mistake to make. And they did lose to Heber in 2010, the year they lost to Rivercrest at WMS.

MisterJuan

Oldhound56

Should be a good match up.  Looking forward to seeing the outcome.

BigLion10

WilderKat

panther07

7-7 at half. Harlow out in 1st quarter with wrist. Gonna be a war

WilderKat

Is this on live...stream...?
Anyone getting it?

All I gots radio...

CoolBreeze

Two huge holding penalties totaling 39 yards in the last 1:30 stalls Harding drive to preserve one-point Bald Knob victory.

WCD2020

September 22, 2017, 10:18:01 pm #18 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:48:23 pm by WCD2020
For the last decade the Harding Wildcats have won many games with dicispline, preparation and great coaching. They seem to have lost a lot of that. Mostly the latter.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: WCD2020 on September 22, 2017, 10:18:01 pm
For the last decade the Harding Wildcats have won many games with dicispline, heart, preparation and great coaching. They seem to have lost a lot of that. Mostly the latter.

The last part of your first sentence was expected when you lost your coach to Harding.

panther07

Quote from: WCD2020 on September 22, 2017, 10:18:01 pm
For the last decade the Harding Wildcats have won many games with dicispline, heart, preparation and great coaching. They seem to have lost a lot of that. Mostly the latter.

What should they have done differently coaching?

Proud Buckaroo

September 22, 2017, 10:21:15 pm #21 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:43:46 am by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: panther07 on September 22, 2017, 10:20:12 pm
What should they have done differently coaching?

Not left the middle of the defense wide open for starters.

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 22, 2017, 10:21:15 pm
Not left the middle of the defence wide open for starters.

They gave up 14 points. 7 came on an out route that went for 60

CoolBreeze

And not allowed two pass completions on third and long when the receivers were covered, one of which went for the winning score.

panther07

If only we coulda stopped smackover.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther07 on September 22, 2017, 10:25:30 pm
If only we coulda stopped smackover.

What does that have to do with this game? Lol.

Smackover is 1-0 in conference. While Harding is 0-1.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2017, 10:25:17 pm
And not allowed two pass completions on third and long when the receivers were covered, one of which went for the winning score.

can the coach make that play? Their job is to get them in the right spot to make a play. Which you just said they were in the right spot.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on September 22, 2017, 10:27:05 pm
can the coach make that play? Their job is to get them in the right spot to make a play. Which you just said they were in the right spot.
Sorry, but there's more to coaching than that. How about knowing what to do to make the play when you're in the right position?

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2017, 10:30:36 pm
Sorry, but there's more to coaching than that. How about knowing what to do to make the play when you're in the right position?

14 points... and you wanna point fingers at the defense. Need to get you a DC spot

panther07

Is missing a PAT a coaching error? Just trying to figure out where it's players and where it's coaches.

WCD2020

It's bigger that just tonight but fundementals, play calling and personnel assignments all seem to be questionable. It's really easy to critize from the stands. These guys have a crazy tough job. However, this is a very talented football team that can't seem to find its way. That's on the staff.

panther07

Quote from: WCD2020 on September 22, 2017, 10:44:37 pm
It's bigger that just tonight but fundementals, play calling and personnel assignments all seem to be questionable. It's really easy to critize from the stands. These guys have a crazy tough job. However, this is a very talented football team that can't seem to find its way. That's on the staff.

Same guy calling plays that called plays to a state title. It's always easy to criticize from the outside. I'm always baffled by guys who sit anonymously behind a keyboard and call out coaches. If it's so easy to fix issues, you should be doing it. The really good coaches sure are making a killing. Get after it!

Longfellow

Quote from: panther07 on September 22, 2017, 10:52:39 pm
Same guy calling plays that called plays to a state title. It's always easy to criticize from the outside. I'm always baffled by guys who sit anonymously behind a keyboard and call out coaches. If it's so easy to fix issues, you should be doing it. The really good coaches sure are making a killing. Get after it!
Maybe he's not calling the same plays he called on the way to a state title. I'm always baffled by you guys who defend the present with the past

panther07

It's also the same guy calling plays that matched it down the field with back against the wall to the 7 yard line. Coaches can't do anything about a questionable block in the back call on a scramble that puts it at 2nd and 30. The kids are out there busting their tails trying to win games. So is everybody involved.

panther07

September 22, 2017, 11:01:06 pm #34 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:02:46 pm by panther07
Quote from: Longfellow on September 22, 2017, 10:58:05 pm
Maybe he's not calling the same plays he called on the way to a state title. I'm always baffled by you guys who defend the present with the past

You would have a case if it were the same players.

And I'm also not here to blame players. They're playing their guts out.

FoxandHound34

Boy ole boy HA lost 2 out of the first four what is the world coming too. Smh better throw in the towel now

panther07

Imagine this.... 10 seconds left in a basketball game. Coach draws up a great inbounds play to get a kid a wide open 3 to win the game. He misses.. Is that on a coach? Not every single mishap that happens in a game is coaching related. But that's how people in stands love to view it. A player never just
Doesn't make a play.

Skip Baymore

September 22, 2017, 11:13:41 pm #37 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:40:30 pm by Skip Baymore
Someone else needs to take a shot at play calling for H.A.  This is a team who's offense should be at the very least, good, with this group of players.   But what they have been is something close to awful in 3 of the 4 games against teams who don't have particularly good defenses.   On paper, I believe H.A. should have won this game by 14 plus.  Hats off to the defense again though for another very solid game.   

Williebe147

Quote from: Skip Baymore on September 22, 2017, 11:13:41 pm
Someone else needs to take a shot at play calling for H.A.  This is a team who's offense should be at the very least, good, with this group of players.   But what they have been is something close to awful in 3 of the 4 games against teams who don't have particularly good defenses.   On paper, I believe H.A. should have won this won by 14 plus.  Hats off to the defense again though for another very solid game.

Bald Knob has played three very tough teams and their defense had played well in all of them all the teams who has played the Bulldogs won tonight. HA is not a great team nor do they have great players. They lack one very basic thing, they have no speed/ It is not any ones fault. You have to be born with it. So you peewee coaches go back to your small world and let the people who are trained to coach do their job.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 22, 2017, 11:40:27 pm
   Bald Knob has played three very tough teams and their defense had played well in all of them all the teams who has played the Bulldogs won tonight. HA is not a great team nor do they have great players. They lack one very basic thing, they have no speed/ It is not any ones fault. You have to be born with it. So you peewee coaches go back to your small world and let the people who are trained to coach do their job.

It is going to be more about what H.A. does or doesn't do, more than what its going to be about what B.K does or doesn't do.   Enjoy the one point win over a slow, not great team.

Williebe147

Quote from: Skip Baymore on September 23, 2017, 12:04:16 am
It is going to be more about what H.A. does or doesn't do, more than what its going to be about what B.K does or doesn't do.   Enjoy the one point win over a slow, not great team.
[/quo 

You took this all wrong. Both teams have a long way to go. Neither team has a lot of speed. Neither team has an overpowering offense. Defense is about equal for each team. I said this would be a toss up game and it was.  BK will run into speed next week at Mayflower. HA will also meet some speed at Barton. By the way I had no dog in this fight. Did not matter one way or the other who won. Just hate to see people fuss about the coaches

panther07

2 and goal from 7. Qb scrambles. Player hits somebody chasing the qb hard right in the mouth. Side judge on HA sideline told coaches it was a "malicious hit." HA goes from 3 and 7 inside FG range to 2 and 30 for hitting a player too violently. To piggyback off something I saw in JC thread, officiating at this level is so spotty. On both sides more times than not.

The Green Arrow

Hitting them "right in the mouth" is the definition of a penalty. Wasn't there, didn't see the game, but one of the points of emphasis from state officials this year is peel back blocks and blind side blocks which both get flags, especially if you lead with your head instead of your hands. Yeah I miss seeing this big hits too, but now, it's a flag most of the time.

LeftBench

Is this a backyard defence you speak of? Maybe a chain link or barbed wire defence? Just trying to figure out this new type of fence....acting as if Bald Knob gashed HA all game is simply wrong. Hats off to BK, played a tough, physical game.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: LeftBench on September 23, 2017, 10:38:53 am
Is this a backyard defence you speak of? Maybe a chain link or barbed wire defence? Just trying to figure out this new type of fence....acting as if Bald Knob gashed HA all game is simply wrong. Hats off to BK, played a tough, physical game.

It's the type of fence that you're 0-1 in conference.

LeftBench

It's just funny how if one PAT goes in, or one very questionable call doesn't get called, you're not saying a word about coaching. Coaching is an easy thing for fans to point to. It's also a really difficult thing to actually know enough about to accurately give an opinion on. I think that's being proven in this thread.

LeftBench

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 23, 2017, 10:42:57 am
It's the type of fence that you're 0-1 in conference.

Booo. Thought you would've done better there.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on September 22, 2017, 10:52:39 pm
That's odd. I thought HA had a coaching staff change last year.

panther07

September 23, 2017, 11:17:55 am #48 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:20:54 am by panther07
Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 23, 2017, 11:02:45 am
That's odd. I thought HA had a coaching staff change last year.

You have no idea what you're talking about. It's the same person calling plays. Let me let you in on a secret, Mote wasn't calling plays on offense. Speak what you know, CB.

FNLsupporter

Personally, the honest truth is neither team is a good football team right now.  That being said, HA typically improves week to week and is very tough come playoff time. BK introduced some things that helped their team tremendously, with the addition of #7 running the football in tandem with #44.  #7 is am absolute beast and only a junior. When Harlow went down for HA, I think they were looking for a player to step up as the leader. It just didn't happen.  I still can't figure out why Turley didn't get the ball 10-15 times. He's almost impossible to cover, but for some reason it seemed that HA chose not to give him many chances. I know he had double coverage, but he can still beat most high school double coverages because of his height and deceptive speed.  So now the real question remains...how jumbled up does the conference become if Mayflower beats BK and Harding beats Mayflower?!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas