• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Off-season

Started by theoleballcoach, March 16, 2017, 01:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theoleballcoach

So how is off-season going for those NWA 4A schools?

beach bum

I think Prairie Grove should just quit their program..... They'll beat Pea Ridge by 3 scores in a game where they hold Pea Ridge to one offensive touchdown and still be told they weren't as good as Pea Ridge. They should quit their program cause no matter what they do they won't be as good as Pea Ridge.

Kraig Crist

Burrville Is gearing up for their 4th coach in 5 seasons.

Glad to see the mighty mites are running HS football in Carroll Co.

Trojanball24

Dont forget about Lincoln I think we will be in the top 3

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Trojanball24 on March 17, 2017, 10:29:04 am

Top 3 of what?

Ole Legend

::)
Quote from: beach bum on March 16, 2017, 03:24:00 pm
I think Prairie Grove should just quit their program..... They'll beat Pea Ridge by 3 scores in a game where they hold Pea Ridge to one offensive touchdown and still be told they weren't as good as Pea Ridge. They should quit their program cause no matter what they do they won't be as good as Pea Ridge.
::) you act like Pea Ridge isn't very good... yet it was Pea Ridge in the championship last year.

we_hate_the_band

theoleballcoach

I see the top 4 in this conference as PR, PG, Shiloh, and Gravette. I think these teams have set themselves apart from the rest of the conference by a wide margin. The other teams are fighting for the 5th sport. Seems to me Gentry or Huntsville are the two fighting for this spot in 2017.

Tigerdad2

PG, PR, Shiloh, Gravette, Huntsville, Lincoln, Gentry, Berryville

nuttinbuthogs

Top looks about right, bottom is likely a toss up depending on how the wind blows on any given day. 

nuttinbuthogs

Top 3?   How are they doing at this point?

prHOG13

I love how you continue to make this claim about "only one offensive touchdown" over and over when it's wrong. Get some new (preferably correct) material. There was one return TD and two rushing TD's (one each for Winn and Holley). Thanks

Tigerdad2

Facts: Prairie Grove owns Pea Ridge. 9-2 overall and will be 10-2 next year. Those two losses by a combined two touchdowns.

Ole Legend

You're awfully cocky/arrogant.

RZback

i hear Berryville is looking again. What happened?

beach bum

March 19, 2017, 10:32:16 pm #15 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:35:08 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Ole Legend on March 19, 2017, 05:53:07 pm
You're awfully cocky/arrogant.

You guys are awfully arrogant to say you guys were better than PG after a 3 score defeat just because the draw had you play Warren a week later... That one offensive score output really put you guys over the top on PG in the rankings I guess? I did not know PG's only losses were by one score each to Pea Ridge. I would love to see the combined total score in the last 11 games. I agree it will be 10-2 next year. PG won't have the talent or raw speed of Pea Ridge but PG will control the line of scrimmage and win.

Ole Legend

Quote from: beach bum on March 19, 2017, 10:32:16 pm
You guys are awfully arrogant to say you guys were better than PG after a 3 score defeat just because the draw had you play Warren a week later... That one offensive score output really put you guys over the top on PG in the rankings I guess? I did not know PG's only losses were by one score each to Pea Ridge. I would love to see the combined total score in the last 11 games. I agree it will be 10-2 next year. PG won't have the talent or raw speed of Pea Ridge but PG will control the line of scrimmage and win.

Once again you provide false information. Both running backs had touchdowns. There for, there were 2 offensive scores. 

PGDefense

Pea Ridge DID score 2 offensive TDs vs PG this past season. The 2nd one was scored with about 4 minutes remaining in the the game after PG had already removed 3-4 starters off our defense.

prHOG13

Quote from: PGDefense on March 22, 2017, 08:02:05 pm
Pea Ridge DID score 2 offensive TDs vs PG this past season. The 2nd one was scored with about 4 minutes remaining in the the game after PG had already removed 3-4 starters off our defense.
lol

dukes424

Dang Beach you've turned into a Ridge hater I get it programs that are doing good get hated on by some people just the nature of the beast. PG Shiloh and the Blackhawks had a great year in football I was proud of them all. Im not a huge basketball follower but I'm guessing you were hating on the Basketball Hawks to. Well get ready to hate on some baseball Hawks to cause they are a real good team to. As far as our football loss to PG this last year -  I have to attribute a lot of the Hawks football success this last season to our loss to PG . After that game it opened up our young O coordinators playbook. We went to so different looks and formations and started using our speed more instead of the basic vanilla O after that game. As far as this next year in football i have a pretty good idea the Hawks might be able to field an average team.  ;D

PGDefense

Based on all the players PR has returning next  year, I would probably have to vote them as the preseason conference favorite. Of course one never knows what talent Shiloh had sitting in street clothes this past season for their 365....PG should also be a contender, but have as much experience as last year.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: PGDefense on March 23, 2017, 12:58:45 pm
Based on all the players PR has returning next  year, I would probably have to vote them as the preseason conference favorite. Of course one never knows what talent Shiloh had sitting in street clothes this past season for their 365....PG should also be a contender, but have as much experience as last year.
Is PG still running the same offense........they'll score 42 on PR and Shiloh . PGDefense just hold them under 40 and you'll be fine

prHOG13

Shilohs DC Berus just accepted the head coaching position in Ada, OK

RZback

Am I wrong or does it seem that Shiloh has a lot of turnover on their staff throughout the years. I notice that they had a lot of guys this past season with only a few years of experience.

gameoflife

DC just took a job in OK.  I'm thinking that's where he is from.

bilboswaggins

April 10, 2017, 10:38:32 pm #25 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:02:28 am by bilboswaggins

HAHA It's not even close how that game was. Prairie Grove was the better team but got killed by a passing attack against Warren. TBH, Warren was better than Nashville. The Warren team Pea Ridge played wasn't the same.

AirItOut21

Quote from: bilboswaggins on April 10, 2017, 10:38:32 pm
Prairie Grove was the better team but got killed by a passing attack and a flawed strategy against Warren.

Are you still talking about Pea Ridge? Or are you trying to say that PG was better than Warren?

SaintsRow123

Shiloh does have some turnover, but it's usually because of coaches getting other jobs that they are looking for. Perfect example of our Coordinator Berus getting a job in Oklahoma, where he is from. Can't fault coaches for looking to move back where they are from or move up in the profession. Sometimes situations are just better for some coaches. I see that the battle between PG and Pea Ridge is starting early in the off-season. Better look out for the Saints though!

I'll take the Saints over both this coming year!

beach bum

April 11, 2017, 01:05:08 pm #28 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:11:24 pm by beach bum
Quote from: SaintsRow123 on April 11, 2017, 01:03:49 pm
Shiloh does have some turnover, but it's usually because of coaches getting other jobs that they are looking for. Perfect example of our Coordinator Berus getting a job in Oklahoma, where he is from. Can't fault coaches for looking to move back where they are from or move up in the profession. Sometimes situations are just better for some coaches. I see that the battle between PG and Pea Ridge is starting early in the off-season. Better look out for the Saints though! Schools like Lincoln, Huntsville, Gentry, and Berryville are fighting an uphill battle for sure each year.

I'll take the Saints over both this coming year!

Shiloh can never be counted out for sure. I think a lot of people think they will fall off quite a bit, but I am in the boat that they will contend again too. I have almost started to feel bad for the lower tier 1-4A programs because in the past the league was not so strong and a program could jump into the playoff picture fairly easily with the right spunk from a new coach and group of players, but now those other 4 schools you feel like coaches are almost fighting with one arm tied behind their back this conference has become so tough. Those 3 teams have made this league so difficult and Gravette is as steady as they come. You know they will never put a bad product on the field.

prHOG13

Shiloh will be fine. They lost a lot with that Sr class, but that upcoming sophomore class coming in is very good. They'll continue to be a top 3 team in the conference for the foreseeable future.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge OC Crosby Tuck has accepted a head coaching position at Georgia Christian School in Valdosta, GA. Best of luck to Coach Tuck and his family on their new endeavor. Brilliant football mind that is going to have a long coaching career. Thanks Coach Tuck.

prHOG13

Shiloh hired Jacob Gill as their new DC. He was previously at Springdale High as their DB coach and ST coordinator. Also hired Steve Rutledge as their LB coach who was at Fayetteville prior to this season

Tigerdad2

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 01, 2017, 06:01:52 pm
Shiloh hired Jacob Gill as their new DC. He was previously at Springdale High as their DB coach and ST coordinator. Also hired Steve Rutledge as their LB coach who was at Fayetteville prior to this season
Hope he gets a book on how to stop the Wing T, he will need it. With the changes at PR and Shiloh, that's the great thing about Prairie Grove.... consistency

prHOG13

Pea Ridge promoted WR coach and Jr High head coach Cody Alexander as their new OC. Another young and very talented football mind. Gravette folks should recognize the name.

prHOG13

Now that it's official and out there I'll post. They have family here and one of the parents got a job at the Walmart HO

https://twitter.com/nwacappy/status/860323356608000002

Tigerdad2

All this talent and hype and still won't beat lowly Prairie Grove

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 04, 2017, 10:41:36 pm
Now that it's official and out there I'll post. They have family here and one of the parents got a job at the Walmart HO

https://twitter.com/nwacappy/status/860323356608000002

You guys are the favorites next year IMO.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 05, 2017, 07:39:33 am
You guys are the favorites next year IMO.
got to be top 3 for sure. If PR is ever going to win a state title, this will be the year to do it.

prHOG13

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on May 05, 2017, 06:46:33 am
awww someone wants some attention

Rugman15

LOL

bigchief72455

I figure Warren will also have a say in who the champ in next season. It seems that the road to the title always runs through there in one way or another.

bigchief72455

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 05, 2017, 12:06:03 pm
got to be top 3 for sure. If PR is ever going to win a state title, this will be the year to do it.
I agree with you there.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 05, 2017, 12:35:25 pm
awww someone wants some attention

With Pea Ridge losing 4 lineman, see Arkadelphia.....

bilboswaggins

bottom 3

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: bilboswaggins on May 11, 2017, 07:22:11 pm
bottom 3

Bottom!  They haven't won many games the last few years.

RZback

Lincoln athletics seems to be in a definite down turn.  I hear they have changed coaches again in a couple of areas.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: RZback on May 25, 2017, 11:59:26 am
Lincoln athletics seems to be in a definite down turn.  I hear they have changed coaches again in a couple of areas.
I wouldn't say down, Lincoln is what they're. A 2-4 win team. It's a hard place to win and I think everyone knows that. Only 2 winning  seasons in last 25 years.

nuttinbuthogs

When you say win, that means 5-5 is a draw? 

Tigerdad2

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on May 25, 2017, 06:39:27 pm
When you say win, that means 5-5 is a draw?
Being 500 is a average season but a good one for Lincoln

theoleballcoach

Did I see somewhere that they are looking for another HC?  Seems like a revolving door since Harris left. What's the deal?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas