• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Concord won State

Started by doubledribble, March 18, 2014, 03:40:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledribble

Ole Double Dribble has put together a list of why Concord won the State Tourney.  #1. This is the big one.  They play Defense.  Defense wins Championships.  #2. Their Coach is Awesome.  Hands down one of the top coaches in the Stare.  #3.  They have the best team with the best player, who has worked extremely hard at his game.  #4 This one should not be taken lightly either.  It's the home of Turd Ferguson. #class of '89

Batman44

DD, I totally agree with every one of your reasons, with the exception of #4. Will have to think on that one for a while.:) From the fans, the best, the team, the best, Roark, the best, and the coach, the best, and I sincerely believe that. A mix such as that don't come along very often. I don't want to slight any player on the team, because they all did a great job, and had great chemistry. Having said that, I was VERY impressed with Jacob, and his all around value to the team in all facets of the game. That's not my humble opinion, but my expert opinion. Lol

Turd Ferguson

Bayhoopfan13

The reason Concord won is bc they had the best team. I said it last year in Barton when Bay beat them they lost tonight but they will win it next yr and they did that and it wasn't even close. We knew everyones fav this time last year to win it all this year. Lets get a top 5 going for next year.

Run N Punch

No doubt I agree with all DD said and I did a lil digging on the #89.  Come to find out they are the equivalent to the A team mixed with a rock and roll band.  Seems they have many keys to the history of that school.  From the smart remarks down to the work ethic down to jamming it in the hole.  A true group to try and fathom...

Run N Punch

At the local library looking up 89 on the micro film.  Seems they all became legends solely because of a player simply known as  the snake or so im gathering.

Run N Punch

A lil tidbit of information just found.  Snake had a patented low post move where he spun into the defender flung arms violently into the air in hopes of a foul.  Won many a big game with thus simple yet strategic fundamental.

sevenof400

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 19, 2014, 12:02:18 pm
At the local library looking up 89 on the micro film.  Seems they all became legends solely because of a player simply known as  the snake or so im gathering.

It worked for Stabler. 

Run N Punch

March 20, 2014, 07:27:46 am #8 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:29:19 am by Run N Punch
More useless yet amusing facts on the one they simply call the snake.  He named all of his moves after snakes.  His patented move he named medusa.  He always said it looked like medusas hair of many snakes when his arms flew violently into the defender.  Another signature of the man they call snake was the spitting cobra.  Left baseline turn away fade away off the glass with a muns flop to draw the foul.  Another signature move was the sidewinder rattlesnake.  He appears to dribble twice between the legs once behind the back attacks the rim with a layup and rim pop trying to get the appearance of a dunk. This is often a gimmick used by players to try and fool ppl into thinking they can dunk. On this VHS tape im watching he is the glue of this team no doubt

Run N Punch

And by the way I agree with you completely DD that is the reason Concord won state

Run N Punch

I just heard a story from an old legend that the snake could never dunk it and he proved it once appeared to attempt a double hand rim pop which resulted in a 100% face to the floor epic fail.  He got up a lil embarrassed and hissed at the large amount of ppl watching.  After the 5 min floor roll and moaning.  He pointed at the crowd of laughing ppl and said I can do it

Catfish

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 20, 2014, 09:45:58 am
I just heard a story from an old legend that the snake could never dunk it and he proved it once appeared to attempt a double hand rim pop which resulted in a 100% face to the floor epic fail.  He got up a lil embarrassed and hissed at the large amount of ppl watching.  After the 5 min floor roll and moaning.  He pointed at the crowd of laughing ppl and said I can do it

Legend. I've heard of this great man once before.

Run N Punch

Thank you Catfish everyone seems to think I make up these stories.  Nope they are all real

Turd Ferguson

ibleedPURPLEandGOLD

I agree completely DD except for #4, I mean what is up with your reasoning there?  If the guy is who I think he is doesn't he live in Heber Springs, and his kids go to Heber Springs School as well?  I've got to tell you, the only thing worse than that, being from Concord, is if you lived in WSGG and your kids went to school there.  He is a disgrace and shouldn't even be brought up when Concord basketball is being talked about.

Run N Punch

Turd is really the Chuck Norris of our generation.  I've heard he once bench pressed a short bus from GFWS.  I know a guy that watched and filmed it.  It really happened. 

ibleedPURPLEandGOLD

Hey Run N Punch, you probably live in Heber too, so there is no wonder you are sticking up for "Turd".  It's probably not your fault that y'all aren't man enough to make the decisions between you and your lady partner.  You guys make your generation look ignorant and disrespectful, so let it go.

HorseFeathers

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones . .  .

Catfish

Quote from: ibleedPURPLEandGOLD on March 21, 2014, 11:21:55 am
Hey Run N Punch, you probably live in Heber too, so there is no wonder you are sticking up for "Turd".  It's probably not your fault that y'all aren't man enough to make the decisions between you and your lady partner.  You guys make your generation look ignorant and disrespectful, so let it go.

You are ridiculous. If you get so especially upset don't get on here.

ibleedPURPLEandGOLD

What's ridiculous is y'all getting on here arguing with a 16 year old.  Hey catfish, go jump off a dirty pond bank

Catfish

Quote from: ibleedPURPLEandGOLD on March 21, 2014, 01:59:00 pm
What's ridiculous is y'all getting on here arguing with a 16 year old.  Hey catfish, go jump off a dirty pond bank

Ok I will do that right away!

Run N Punch

I've decided to grow a mullet and become a bartender\ part time mayor.  My dreams are right in front of me...... RunNPunches Insurance Agency.  I can see it now.

Turd Ferguson

bleed purple and gold is right......I had dreams of my kids going to Concord school...but that was taken away  from me in a divorce.....my kids are happy at Heber school anyway.....as long as they are happy is all that matters.....as for purple and gold.....I wouldn't mention the kiddos again or we might find out what color you really bleed! If I were where to guess I would bet you bleed at least once a month....lol....im  just kidding.....no really ....at least once a month

Catfish

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on March 21, 2014, 05:13:15 pm
bleed purple and gold is right......I had dreams of my kids going to Concord school...but that was taken away  from me in a divorce.....my kids are happy at Heber school anyway.....as long as they are happy is all that matters.....as for purple and gold.....I wouldn't mention the kiddos again or we might find out what color you really bleed! If I were where to guess I would bet you bleed at least once a month....lol....im  just kidding.....no really ....at least once a month

+1

DogsWin7

Quote from: HF on March 21, 2014, 11:39:55 am
Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones . .  .

True. . . .

Is it that hard of a concept for some to understand??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas