• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predictions for 1A at the Summit

Started by BR2114, March 09, 2014, 09:51:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR2114

Who will be making it to the finals for 1A at the Summit??

TimeManagement

Final 4 will be
Concord vs Scranton and will be a really good game but ill take Scranton by 2

County Line vs Wonderview and will also be a close game but ill take County Line by 3 just because they beat Wonderview in first game of the year by 1 at County Line

goteam

From what I understand Wonderview was without one of their starters that game against County Line. I take Wonderview v. Concord in the finals.

TimeManagement

Quote from: goteam on March 09, 2014, 10:55:28 am
From what I understand Wonderview was without one of their starters that game against County Line. I take Wonderview v. Concord in the finals.
I have herd that as well, but it was only the short kid i herd

Catfish

Quote from: 03_underdog_14 on March 09, 2014, 10:59:23 am

A starter is a starter though. Missing just one player can change a lot. I say WV by 7.

TimeManagement

Quote from: Catfish on March 09, 2014, 11:22:29 am

A starter is a starter though. Missing just one player can change a lot. I say WV by 7.

Very true but is he any good is the real question and how much will he help?

J.D.

He is a solid PG

goteam

Very solid guard. Contributes a lot from what I've seen.

TimeManagement

Quote from: J.D. on March 09, 2014, 11:35:02 am

He is a solid PG

Well i know it sounds like i got something against Wonderview, but i dont i have herd they are a good team and i plan on watchin them Monday...if the kid is 5ft and starts he has to be doing something right or does he start and then sit on bench for awhile? And Kirby is playing very good right now so they have to get past them first

goteam

The kid never sat the bench in yesterday's game. Absolutely no team can be overlooked at this point. However, I believe WV will put Kirby away fairly easy and beat CL to continue in the Finals. They made a very talented WG team look terrible yesterday.

TimeManagement

Quote from: goteam on March 09, 2014, 11:47:54 am
The kid never sat the bench in yesterday's game. Absolutely no team can be overlooked at this point. However, I believe WV will put Kirby away fairly easy and beat CL to continue in the Finals. They made a very talented WG team look terrible yesterday.

Cant agree more anything can happen around this time of year! Thats why i love it! Goodluck to all the teams! Survive and advance!

BR2114

From what I have seen, he can be a threat on the perimeter, depending on the night, but they really all are capable of having a good night. I haven't seen much of Kirby play to compare the two.

Catfish

+1 all the second round games should be very interesting. ANYBODY can be beat at ANY time. You can never look ahead this time of year. If you do, you will be sitting at home before you know what hit you.

TimeManagement

Quote from: BR2114 on March 09, 2014, 12:30:10 pm
From what I have seen, he can be a threat on the perimeter, depending on the night, but they really all are capable of having a good night. I haven't seen much of Kirby play to compare the two.

So he is only a shooting threat on some nights? So even if he did play when they did play County Line it wouldnt of mattered? And i havent seen either team but i have herd Wonderview is good if they play together and Kirby is good if there big man is

sportsfan-3

There will be nothing easy about putting away Kirby.  WV better be ready to play wide open every time the whistle blows.  I ve seen Kirby out hustle lots of teams.

J.D.

All of the teams that are in the second round round won their first game by an impressive fashion.  The Wonderview/Kirby game is a complete toss up too me. 

TimeManagement

Quote from: J.D. on March 09, 2014, 02:35:22 pm
All of the teams that are in the second round round won their first game by an impressive fashion.  The Wonderview/Kirby game is a complete toss up too me.

Agreed JD but ill pick Kirby in this one

ATU

Scranton and County line are good but if they make the finals 1a is down this year.

FreeMoney

Concord still the favorite. Only complete team night in night out.  Wonderview-Kirby is interesting. If Kirby has a really good guard that can penetrate and a big man that can score from the block then advantage Kirby. If Wv gets double digits from somebody besides their good player then they advance to finals versus Concord.

gobblerfire

Wonderview could have 4 of the 5 starters drop 20 on any given night. They are a very balanced team.

Action

;D I think it will be Concord boys win in hot springs. and Wonderview girls :

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: ATU on March 09, 2014, 07:22:24 pm
Scranton and County line are good but if they make the finals 1a is down this year.

Scranton lost to Concord by 3 earlier this year, so not sure how you can justify that statement. I know it was at Scranton, but Scranton's best player had probably his worst game of the year that night and Concord's best player had his typical night. I think Concord is a better team, but not by much. So I would hardly say if Scranton made it 1a is down.

ATU

Quote from: PORKEROINKER on March 09, 2014, 08:28:07 pm

Scranton lost to Concord by 3 earlier this year, so not sure how you can justify that statement. I know it was at Scranton, but Scranton's best player had probably his worst game of the year that night and Concord's best player had his typical night. I think Concord is a better team, but not by much. So I would hardly say if Scranton made it 1a is down.
Scranton only won by 6 the first game of reg. they are not that good.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: ATU on March 09, 2014, 08:34:04 pm

Concord won the first game of there regional by 8, what's your point! Concord and Scranton played a game to within 3 pts, have one common opponent in the post season in KIPP delta, Concord beat them by 18 and Scranton beat them by 29. Scranton has won their first four postseason games by an average 14 points, Concord has won there first four by an average of 12 pts. Scranton won there 5th post season game by 19, Concord has yet to play theirs so we will see how they do. You have yet to show any proof of Concord being so much better than Scranton, while I have gave you stats and a margin of victory against a common opponent that backs up my argument of Scranton being nearly as good a team as Concord. Just hard to see how you say a team that has an average margin of victory of 24pts in state tourney is not that good???

Now I understand if you don't like Scranton for some personal reason, that's fine but have some stats to back up your argument.

Oh and I will give you another common opponent, Jasper. Scranton beat them by 17 and Concord beat them by 12.

HorseFeathers

I think 1a is down but it's more fun when every team has a shot at winning it instead of like last year when there was bay and concord in their own class above everyone else

ATU

Well let me put it this way  i only watched Scranton play one time this year and they beat County Line by 7.I have watched the 3a all weekend and half the teams would beat them by 20 plus.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: ATU on March 09, 2014, 08:46:30 pm
Well let me put it this way  i only watched Scranton play one time this year and they beat County Line by 7.I have watched the 3a all weekend and half the teams would beat them by 20 plus.

Seriously??? You wanna judge Scranton's play against 3A teams? Even though Scranton has victories over a 3A and 4A team this year, neither were top of their classification, but they still went up against them and beat them.

If you have been watching 3A all week, you are probably from around Charleston or County Line (same difference) and obviously are holding a grudge because County Line is 0-3 against Scranton this year!

Catfish

Quote from: PORKEROINKER on March 09, 2014, 08:45:05 pm

Concord won the first game of there regional by 8, what's your point! Concord and Scranton played a game to within 3 pts, have one common opponent in the post season in KIPP delta, Concord beat them by 18 and Scranton beat them by 29. Scranton has won their first four postseason games by an average 14 points, Concord has won there first four by an average of 12 pts. Scranton won there 5th post season game by 19, Concord has yet to play theirs so we will see how they do. You have yet to show any proof of Concord being so much better than Scranton, while I have gave you stats and a margin of victory against a common opponent that backs up my argument of Scranton being nearly as good a team as Concord. Just hard to see how you say a team that has an average margin of victory of 24pts in state tourney is not that good???

Now I understand if you don't like Scranton for some personal reason, that's fine but have some stats to back up your argument.

Oh and I will give you another common opponent, Jasper. Scranton beat them by 17 and Concord beat them by 12.

It's all about match ups. You can't go off of how bad one school beats another. The only fact is that Concord beat Scranton AT Scranton. That's the only thing you can say. That don't mean that they will do it again, but that's the only stat you can use. And concord still has to get past Emerson first. Still this is irrelevant.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: Catfish on March 09, 2014, 09:20:47 pm

It's all about match ups. You can't go off of how bad one school beats another. The only fact is that Concord beat Scranton AT Scranton. That's the only thing you can say. That don't mean that they will do it again, but that's the only stat you can use. And concord still has to get past Emerson first. Still this is irrelevant.

Exactly, Concord won by 3, so for anyone to say Scranton is not that good, basically has to say Concord is not that good. Which is ridiculous, both teams are good with Concord being the slightly better team IMO.

basketballmom#3

I have seen Scranton and Concord play and Scranton is a much better team. I may be wrong and thought this because they were playing Stephens and that made them look good.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: basketballmom#3 on March 09, 2014, 11:28:32 pm
I have seen Scranton and Concord play and Scranton is a much better team. I may be wrong and thought this because they were playing Stephens and that made them look good.

I think you watched Concord on an off night then, Scranton and Concord I believe are closer to eachother than some on here would believe. But I give Concord the edge as the better team, because of Roark he is the best player on either team, but I think Roby and Siebenmorgen for Scranton would both be the second and third best players on Concord's team.

basketballmom#3

Quote from: PORKEROINKER on March 10, 2014, 12:03:03 am

I think you watched Concord on an off night then, Scranton and Concord I believe are closer to eachother than some on here would believe. But I give Concord the edge as the better team, because of Roark he is the best player on either team, but I think Roby and Siebenmorgen for Scranton would both be the second and third best players on Concord's team.

It may have been an off night. I have int seen them once and it was here in Harrison against Jasper.

Catfish

Quote from: PORKEROINKER on March 10, 2014, 12:03:03 am

Don't get me wrong, I believe Scranton is a good team! They obviously are by the close game they gave concord and their blow outs in the state tournament. I'm not hating on them at all. But you have to beat the best to be the best. Like I said I'm not dissing Scranton whatsoever. But you can't say Scranton is obviously the better team when they haven't beaten them yet. Like I said earlier, it's all in the matchup ups.

goteam

Wonderview boys are sure making some noise right now. Good game to both teams!

benchMVP15

I'm taking Scranton Vs Wonderview in finals. Scranton has been playing excellent basketball and beat a very talented Kipp Delta team by a very large margin in the first round. Unless Concord starts actually playing concord ball then I think Scranton will beat them tomorrow night. I pick wonderview because I've watched them play quite a bit this year and they are on a hot streak right now

goteam

Bowmcl

Here's some stats after the fact, Concord 50 Scranton 32

basketballfan8800

I'd like to congratulate the two Wonderview boys & girls teams on reaching the state finals!! I know this has happened like 13 or so times before. But it's always a unique thing for the schools, community, & players! Look for a packed Summit Arena Friday night

Turd Ferguson

HorseFeathers

Quote from: basketballfan8800 on March 13, 2014, 06:55:16 pm
I'd like to congratulate the two Wonderview boys & girls teams on reaching the state finals!! I know this has happened like 13 or so times before. But it's always a unique thing for the schools, community, & players! Look for a packed Summit Arena Friday night

Na...that 13 was just both teams winning it...I have no clue as to how many time the same school has sent boys and girls teams to the final in the same year though...

Pretty cool thinking that 3 of the 4 1A Finalists are from Conway County though...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas