• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round Boys Predictions....

Started by anevay1523, March 08, 2014, 06:18:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

anevay1523

March 08, 2014, 06:18:09 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:44:50 pm by anevay1523
So you know I'm still surprised that Region 4 has all 4 teams still in it. And I feel like I shouldn't underestimate them again. But I'm gonna pick the way I see it.

Scranton vs Stephens - We go Scranton, but Stephens may surprise me and make it a good game. I still feel like Scranton is one of the two best teams in state.

Concord vs Emerson - Taking Concord, but would not be surprised if Emerson pulls off the upset here. Emerson is definetly one of the most underrated teams I've seen play this year, if they show up to play, it could be interesting.

Kirby vs Wonderview - Kirby, why? Because I really wanna see them in the Semi-Finals atleast and it would be really sweet if a Region 4 team knocked Wonderview out this year. (and yes, I do have something against Wonderview)

Caddo Hills vs County Line - If Caddo Hills plays up to Potential they will win this game. I'm taking them as the upset of this round. But could easily be a win for County Line.

Good luck to all the teams...I love this game.

HorseFeathers

Scranton.....from what I've been told this one shouldn't be close if Scranton Shows up...

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: anevay1523 on March 08, 2014, 06:18:09 pm
So you know I'm still surprised that Region 4 has all 4 teams still in it. And I feel like I shouldn't underestimate them again. But I'm gonna pick the way I see it.

Scranton vs Stephens - We go Scranton, but Stephens may surprise me and make it a good game. I still feel like Scranton is one of the two best teams in state.

Concord vs Emerson - Taking Concord, but would not be surprised if Emerson pulls off the upset here. Emerson is definetly one of the most underrated teams I've seen play this year, if they show up to play, it could be interesting.

Kirby vs Wonderview - Kirby, why? Because I really wanna see them in the Semi-Finals atleast and it would be really sweet if a Region 4 team knocked Wonderview out this year. (and yes, I do have something against Wonderview)

Caddo Hills vs County Line - If Caddo Hills plays up to Potential they will win this game. I'm taking them as the upset of this round. But could easily be a win for County Line.

Good luck to all the teams...I love this game.

So, u pick Scranton, Stephens, Concord, Emerson, Kirby, Caddo Hills, and County Line. I bet u do pretty well on that!

ThreadWatcher

If Wonderview upsets Kirby, u are still 75% from the field!

basketballfan8800

Kirby over Wonderview? Saw Kirby play Thursday and Wonderview today.. And saw Wonderview beat a good-talented WG team. I like Wonderview. In other action I like scranton(already won), concord, and County Line

HorseFeathers

Taking Concord over Emerson...Concord has been my #1 all year, might as well ride them til they go down...

Wonderview over Kirby...Tried to tell you guys that Wonderview is a good TEAM that won't beat themselves...

County Line over Caddo Hills....County Line in what I thought was a down year for them could sneak into the championship game....

anevay1523

[/quote]

So, u pick Scranton, Stephens, Concord, Emerson, Kirby, Caddo Hills, and County Line. I bet u do pretty well on that!
[/quote]

Lol, i picked scranton, concord, kirby and caddo. But i didnt want anyone thinking i didnt have faith in their team. Sportsmanship conceptually. Except wonderview, and they probably will beat kirby but I'll pull for kirby all the way.

ThreadWatcher

March 09, 2014, 04:41:41 am #7 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:57:38 am by ThreadWatcher

Lol, i picked scranton, concord, kirby and caddo. But i didnt want anyone thinking i didnt have faith in their team. Sportsmanship conceptually. Except wonderview, and they probably will beat kirby but I'll pull for kirby all the way.

Was just messin with u! Too many BUT'S for my liking. I really knew who u were picking. Just roll with it! I pick so and so because..........! C ya

goteam

Scranton already won. Going with Concord, Wonderview, and County Line.

TimeManagement

Scranton won easily yesterday and Concord will win easy as well
County Line will win by 10 and Wonderview might beat Kirby depends on if they can stop big boy down low

Bigbird2012

I know I am defiantly the odd ball with my perdition but here it goes...

Scranton- already played
Emerson over Concord in OT
Wonderview over Kirby
Caddo over County Line

I really hate that Stephens lost but Scranton was a good team and deserved the Win.
I watched Concord Play and wasn't that impressed plus I have faith in Emerson to pull out the W.
I like Kirby but don't think they can hang with them
Not impressed by County Line

ThreadWatcher

I like the way u are thinking big bird!

Catfish

I don't even see how anyone can doubt Concord. They have played in big games for 3 years now, Roark has 4 years, and last year they played in the state finals. They wore Blevins out and played CR close the entire game. I'm not sayen Emerson isn't good but c'mon now. They brought back 4 starters from the state finals team last year. The Concord/Emerson game will be up and down, and that's what everyone wants to see. I'm not just saying this stuff because I'm from Concord either. You will get your money's worth tomorrow. Go Pirates!

PuddlePirate12

Yeah go Pirates! Emerson that is!

arstatechamp13

If Emerson goes up and down with Concord I will be very happy. I know that's how they play, but at this point when you're not the better team, lots of teams will hold the ball. Hope they don't. Concord has had serious tempo problems since the regional tournament. Whether it be the officiating dictating the play, the opposing team playing slow, or Concord just having an off night, they've had a hard time lately. If it goes up and down and Concord plays well I take Concord by 20. If they don't play well or the refs are calling picky stuff it will get interesting. I hope they let both teams get after it and I hope both teams give everyone a show.

basketballmom#3

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 09, 2014, 10:01:42 pm
If Emerson goes up and down with Concord I will be very happy. I know that's how they play, but at this point when you're not the better team, lots of teams will hold the ball. Hope they don't. Concord has had serious tempo problems since the regional tournament. Whether it be the officiating dictating the play, the opposing team playing slow, or Concord just having an off night, they've had a hard time lately. If it goes up and down and Concord plays well I take Concord by 20. If they don't play well or the refs are calling picky stuff it will get interesting. I hope they let both teams get after it and I hope both teams give everyone a show.

So in other words IF concord loses to Emerson it will be the refs fault! There are always excuses.

gamechanger11

Can't be officials fault each team has had to overcome that. This has been the absolute without a doubt the worst officiating I hve seen all year. One would believe it would get better during state tournament but AAA refuses to pay for the good ones. Therefore we have gotten stuck with the lets be nice an say not so hot ones.  Wont let the players play, inconsistant.  I feel like the games are more about the officials than the players.  There is no flow to the games everyone is in foul trouble. Not really even fun to watch because the calling is so poor. That being said I doubt there will be excuse. Rather there souldn't be any because at this point anyone can win.

basketballmom#3

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 09, 2014, 11:43:31 pm
Can't be officials fault each team has had to overcome that. This has been the absolute without a doubt the worst officiating I hve seen all year. One would believe it would get better during state tournament but AAA refuses to pay for the good ones. Therefore we have gotten stuck with the lets be nice an say not so hot ones.  Wont let the players play, inconsistant.  I feel like the games are more about the officials than the players.  There is no flow to the games everyone is in foul trouble. Not really even fun to watch because the calling is so poor. That being said I doubt there will be excuse. Rather there souldn't be any because at this point anyone can win.

I agree the refs are pretty bad. There wee horrible in the Wonderview game

arstatechamp13

That's not what I said at all. Maybe you should read that again. What I'm saying is, the officiating as of late has been dictating the style of play of all the teams. If they're picky, neither concord or Emerson are going to be able to play how they want to and it will be a close low scoring game. If they let them play and go up and down concord will have the upper hand because they're better at that game than Emerson is. I blamed nothing on the refs other than that they're not calling the games how they should be called in the post season. Players have to adapt which is part of the game but it's a lot harder to win when you can't play your game

Basketballfan13

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 10, 2014, 07:34:28 am
That's not what I said at all. Maybe you should read that again. What I'm saying is, the officiating as of late has been dictating the style of play of all the teams. If they're picky, neither concord or Emerson are going to be able to play how they want to and it will be a close low scoring game. If they let them play and go up and down concord will have the upper hand because they're better at that game than Emerson is. I blamed nothing on the refs other than that they're not calling the games how they should be called in the post season. Players have to adapt which is part of the game but it's a lot harder to win when you can't play your game
The first game of the season should not be called any differently then the last game of the season. It's when the game is being called differently just because of what game it is that teams suffer from inconsistent calls that they are used to throughout the season.

BoxNOne

I agree with the above quote. There are rules to go by for officials and they should be the same for every game.

arstatechamp13

Haha okay y'all are right. I'm wrong. I was just saying Concord and Emerson (who both like to get after it) could be slowed down and/or not allowed to play how they want if officials are calling picky fouls. No it will not be the refs fault. It's impossible to win or lose just because of refs. But when players have to adapt, and sometimes change their strategy completely due to foul trouble and such, games can be much harder to win.

Run N Punch

I rather it be rough than picky all day long.  Loved how the game between concord and cedar ridge was officiated besides the couple of picky ones.  Let them play

arstatechamp13

Catfish

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 10, 2014, 08:55:51 am
Haha okay y'all are right. I'm wrong. I was just saying Concord and Emerson (who both like to get after it) could be slowed down and/or not allowed to play how they want if officials are calling picky fouls. No it will not be the refs fault. It's impossible to win or lose just because of refs. But when players have to adapt, and sometimes change their strategy completely due to foul trouble and such, games can be much harder to win.

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas