• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emerson Boys

Started by Mr. Basketball, March 03, 2014, 08:19:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Basketball

How good is Emerson?  I know they have a good record and a talented sophomore. 

anevay1523

Depends on if they play up to their potential. What I saw was two different teams when they played Acorn at Regional. They looked awful the majority of the game, then came the final minutes and all of a sudden they were a much better team. If they played that way all game they would have blown Acorn away and could make some noise in the tournament. But we'll see what happens.

Mr. Basketball

Thanks.  Are they big inside?  Who is their best player?

Run N Punch

Eagles

Quote from: anevay1523 on March 03, 2014, 08:36:09 pm
Depends on if they play up to their potential. What I saw was two different teams when they played Acorn at Regional. They looked awful the majority of the game, then came the final minutes and all of a sudden they were a much better team. If they played that way all game they would have blown Acorn away and could make some noise in the tournament. But we'll see what happens.
From what i saw Acorn wasn't a bad club and the Jackson kid was better than any of Emerson's, point guard in cluded. Emerson is not bad, but not in the league of a Concord or Scranton. Just can't over look them because of their athleticism. Look for ICC to beat them and if not noway they get by Concord.

Bigbird2012

I have seen Acorn play 3 times this year, including the first round of Regionals when they played Emerson. The Jackson kid is pretty good but he was out of control and was all over the place 100 miles an hour all 3 times I watched him. Emerson's #20 is by far a better player he just didn't have a good game that night in particular. I am not going to get to see the Pirates play Thursday night but plan on driving up to see them play Concord. Emerson is a good team but sometimes they leave their game at home when they play on the road. Their coach must fire them up at half time because they usually come out a whole different team in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Eagles

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on March 04, 2014, 07:43:44 am
I have seen Acorn play 3 times this year, including the first round of Regionals when they played Emerson. The Jackson kid is pretty good but he was out of control and was all over the place 100 miles an hour all 3 times I watched him. Emerson's #20 is by far a better player he just didn't have a good game that night in particular. I am not going to get to see the Pirates play Thursday night but plan on driving up to see them play Concord. Emerson is a good team but sometimes they leave their game at home when they play on the road. Their coach must fire them up at half time because they usually come out a whole different team in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

1A Basketball / Re: Region 4 @ Cossatot
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:17:23 pm »
What happened with Emerson last night? heard they let Acorn hang with them for a little while.

Well you were either there or not which is it? If you weren't there you don't know what the game looked like or who did what.
Bout like everyone else on here, just make up what you want.

Emerson gets killed by Concord if they can get by ICC.

Yes, sour because Cossatot if not in it, they should be. So have to pick on someone.

Bigbird2012

Quote from: Eagles on March 04, 2014, 08:11:32 am
Quote from: Bigbird2012 on March 04, 2014, 07:43:44 am

1A Basketball / Re: Region 4 @ Cossatot
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:17:23 pm »
What happened with Emerson last night? heard they let Acorn hang with them for a little while.

Well you were either there or not which is it? If you weren't there you don't know what the game looked like or who did what.
Bout like everyone else on here, just make up what you want.

Emerson gets killed by Concord if they can get by ICC.

Yes, sour because Cossatot if not in it, they should be. So have to pick on someone.

I didn't make it there until the 3rd quarter I had a sick kid. I was just trying to get the scoop on what happened the first 2 quarters. no need to get hostile. I agree Emerson will probably get beat by Concord if they make it past ICC but there is ALAWAYS hope. Better Luck to Cossatot next year.

7bball

I watched that game and Emerson and acorn both have an outstanding player. Acorn boys were better than expected and have one of the best points guards I've seen. They beat Cossatot once and were neck and neck with Emerson til the Jackson boy got his nose busted. There was just a lot of good boys teams in this region. You can blame it on having a bad night but that's just basketball. When you play well you make the other team look bad.

hawgfan15

Acorn boys will be a top 10 team next year. All 5 starters will return and another year under Coach Jackson will be beneficial

anevay1523

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on March 03, 2014, 10:32:07 pm
Thanks.  Are they big inside?  Who is their best player?

Not real big. #20 is definitely their best player. The team is real hit and miss from beyond the arc, they're either on or off. They like a fast pace game. No offense to Acorn meant, Coach Jackson's son is a beast and they will be better next year. I think too often Jackson settles for jumpers when he can easily penetrate and create for his teammates and there was a kid from Acorn that played inside that could straight up shoot from downtown. I know Coach Jackson likes to play traditionally, but this is 1A, if the big can shoot, let him get out there and shoot. Acorn could have beat Emerson that night. But Emerson was playing nothing like what I had expected to see from them. I picked them to beat ICC strictly because I would like to see some South teams represent, but they couldn't play with Concord from what I've seen on here.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas