• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kipp

Started by CLSRFAN, March 03, 2014, 12:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CLSRFAN

Whats everyone thoughts on kipp?

Run N Punch

Athletic and lots of potential

CLSRFAN

I havnt seen them play, Do they have size? What kind of defense do they play?

gobblerfire

I have seen them play several times. They have plenty of size but don't use it as they should. They Play uptempo but their shooters are streaky at best. Unlimited potential but I have not seen a complete game out of them yet.

CLSRFAN

Should be an interesting first round match up with Scranton.

Catfish

Quote from: gobblerfire on March 03, 2014, 02:09:00 pm
I have seen them play several times. They have plenty of size but don't use it as they should. They Play uptempo but their shooters are streaky at best. Unlimited potential but I have not seen a complete game out of them yet.

I couldn't agree more GF. The settle for the three pointer way to often. In the Concord game they didn't have either big though. But they were still bigger than Concord. I didn't understand why they don't attack more, or throw it inside.

gobblerfire

Kipp's tallest player doesn't play close to the rim at all. He is very cocky due to his size but he just as we'll be 5'8" instead of 6'8". Let him shoot the 15' jumper all day and he will only be 25% at best. Huge wast of size!!

Catfish

Quote from: gobblerfire on March 03, 2014, 07:53:01 pm
Kipp's tallest player doesn't play close to the rim at all. He is very cocky due to his size but he just as we'll be 5'8" instead of 6'8". Let him shoot the 15' jumper all day and he will only be 25% at best. Huge wast of size!!

+1

Phog Allen

Kipp is as talented and athletic as any team in the state, if they play to their potential, they will beat Scranton by 10 or more, if they don't Scranton will advance.

CLSRFAN

Quote from: Catfish on March 03, 2014, 07:32:21 pm
Quote from: gobblerfire on March 03, 2014, 02:09:00 pm

I couldn't agree more GF. The settle for the three pointer way to often. In the Concord game they didn't have either big though. But they were still bigger than Concord. I didn't understand why they don't attack more, or throw it inside.

Will there big's be at state?

gobblerfire

I would think their big will play. During the concord game he walked in the gym on crutches and wearing a protective boot. But the following night he was playing and walking as nothing ever happened.

CLSRFAN

lol what was the deal?

HorseFeathers

pretty sure he came down on the back of somebody's leg during the bradford cause i know he left that game with a  bad limp during the second overtime and never came back. . . .probaby a protective measure to not play him during the concord game and keep him off of it altogether .

CLSRFAN

Did he play against Wonderview?

ballmember

Watched them play Concord twice, concord beat them fairly easy.   Have seen them play other times as well.  Don't shoot well and don't run a lot of plays. Defense suspect.   I think their school uses someone to coach them that works at the school in another capacity; at least that is what a coach told me that is in their conference. They are a charter type school. 
In the 2 years all their kids have went on the college-what coach stated also. 

I have not watched Scranton play but if they cant beat them then they probably would not advance very far anyway.  Kipp No better now then they were early in the year.  All just my opinion.  I am no expert but  I watch a lot of games.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on March 04, 2014, 07:31:43 pm
Watched them play Concord twice, concord beat them fairly easy.   Have seen them play other times as well.  Don't shoot well and don't run a lot of plays. Defense suspect.   I think their school uses someone to coach them that works at the school in another capacity; at least that is what a coach told me that is in their conference. They are a charter type school. 

I have not watched Scranton play but if they cant beat them then they probably would not advance very far anyway.  Kipp No better now then they were early in the year.  All just my opinion.  I am no expert but  I watch a lot of games.   

Scranton should beat kipp....probably 5-7 pts better as a team....Better all around team...and they have a big man that's probably close in height with kipp's big guy...

Catfish

Quote from: HF on March 04, 2014, 07:33:10 pm
Quote from: ballmember on March 04, 2014, 07:31:43 pm

Scranton should beat kipp....probably 5-7 pts better as a team....Better all around team...and they have a big man that's probably close in height with kipp's big guy...

I agree.

tacomeat

March 04, 2014, 09:58:29 pm #17 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:11:10 pm by tacomeat

Concord_Fan

Someone sounds like an undercover rocket.. CSLR lol.  We beat them 3 times, But we play other teams with mixed races.. Scranton is liable to crap themselves, being they don't play many if any black guys! lol. I would love to see this game,

Woodrow1

Quote from: Concord_Fan on March 06, 2014, 11:24:19 am
Someone sounds like an undercover rocket.. CSLR lol.  We beat them 3 times, But we play other teams with mixed races.. Scranton is liable to crap themselves, being they don't play many if any black guys! lol. I would love to see this game,

Doesn't appear that Scranton crapped themselves.....

CLSRFAN

lol not undercover, I have two kids that go to County Line(CL) an two step kids that go to Scranton (SR) an im a (fan) of both

HorseFeathers

That's Impossible lol

Run N Punch

Quote from: Woodrow1 on March 06, 2014, 04:06:46 pm

Doesn't appear that Scranton crapped themselves.....
Lol just read this

Concord_Fan

Nope you are correct. There were only two ways to play that game: Intimidated, or with a chip (White men CAN jump) lol. They played well from what I hear, and deserved the win. I did hear however that KIPP made them turn it over more than any other team, Wasn't there, grapevine hearsay? Concord, will win this all but Scranton is a big contender.

Razorhogz

I definitely want to say something about KIPP. My son plays in their conference and I have seen them multiple times over the years. They definitely fight a losing battle before before they even touch the court with the travel and socio economic conditions. I remember not but a. Few years ago 3 maybe 4 tht KIPP was the punching bag of the league. It was almost always a guarantee mercy rule. They've always had talent but they used to be a circus, and the kids seemed out of control. Those kids seem respectful and corrects off the court and mount Vernon's whole community seemed to root for the in the regional. they most definitely look like basketball players now, and they seem really close t figuring it out, but they just don't quite have that killer instinct that you would expect them too as talented as they are. I watched them play in the jr high district sr high district and regional. I had the pleasure of sitting right behind the bench for junior high and was able to really hear their coach.l since it's far more quiet in a junior high game. Their junior boys won the district tournament as a 3 seed and really shocked guy Perkins in the finals. I think guy might have been undefeated on the season.By the way that coach talked to his team made me want to suit up. It seemed that some of the varsity kids were not as in tuned with the coach as the junior high bunch was. This is obviously my unbiased opinion but I wonder how long that coach will be there that just can't be considered a good job. I would be more than happy for my sons to play for a guy like him.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: Concord_Fan on March 07, 2014, 02:53:57 pm
Nope you are correct. There were only two ways to play that game: Intimidated, or with a chip (White men CAN jump) lol. They played well from what I hear, and deserved the win. I did hear however that KIPP made them turn it over more than any other team, Wasn't there, grapevine hearsay? Concord, will win this all but Scranton is a big contender.

Would love to see Scranton and Concord play again, I watched them earlier this year and it was a heck of a ballgame. Neither team substituted until the second half and they each had a player get their fourth foul and had to then, you can tell both teams are solidly coached. Scranton's best player had one of his worst games of the year against Concord, but some of that had to do with Concord's D on him and just about everyone on Concord's team can score. I have not seen any other 1A teams in the state play this year, but it sounds like these two are the best two in the state, hate it that they ended up on the same side of the bracket.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas