• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final 4-Boys & Girls-Prediction: everyone predict

Started by ballmember, March 02, 2014, 02:17:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

Now that the schedules are out why not make your final 4 predictions:

Boys-

Scranton  v  Concord

Western Grove  v  Norfork

Concord v Norfork in Hot Springs=Winner Norfork

Girls-

Kingston  v  Nemo Vista

Acorn  v  Wonderview

Kingston  v  Acorn in Hot Springs=Winner Kingston

Would like to see everyone's poll and opinion

Woodrow1

March 02, 2014, 02:53:02 pm #1 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:56:09 pm by Woodrow1
Quote from: ballmember on March 02, 2014, 02:17:47 pm
Now that the schedules are out why not make your final 4 predictions:

Boys-

Scranton  v  Concord

Western Grove  v  Norfork

Concord v Norfork in Hot Springs=Winner Norfork

Girls-

Kingston  v  Nemo Vista

Acorn  v  Wonderview

Kingston  v  Acorn in Hot Springs=Winner Kingston

Would like to see everyone's poll and opinion

Didn't western grove beat Norfork by 20 at Harrison in January?

Mr. Basketball

Didn't Deer beat Western Grove by 20?  You can't compare scores this time of year from much earlier in year in my opinion.  Norfork is playing better now.

goteam

Boys
Concord v. Scranton
Wonderview v. Southside

Girls
Kirby v. Nemo Vista
Acorn v. Wonderview

HorseFeathers

And didn't deer lose a key piece of their team to injury. . . . And had the aid of western grove being ice cold from every where

Basketballfan10

March 02, 2014, 07:25:52 pm #5 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:31:36 pm by Basketballfan10
Boys:

Concord
Scranton
Wonderview
Norfork

I predict a Concord-Norfork final

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on March 02, 2014, 05:56:08 pm
And didn't deer lose a key piece of their team to injury. . . . And had the aid of western grove being ice cold from every where

That game pretty much gets tossed out in my opinion.  The only defense WG played, that night, was when they guarded the ref.  Everybody knows Deer homered them.  Probably could've beaten them at home anyway.
I'm going with Concord boys and Kingston girls.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 02, 2014, 08:17:07 pm
Quote from: HF on March 02, 2014, 05:56:08 pm

That game pretty much gets tossed out in my opinion.  The only defense WG played, that night, was when they guarded the ref.  Everybody knows Deer homered them.  Probably could've beaten them at home anyway.
I'm going with Concord boys and Kingston girls.

True..lol...THe first part of my comment was into response of losing to Deer like it was a completely bad thing. They were a state caliber team before losing their post who was a 4 year starter for them....

Oldref

Boys--- Concord and Norfork in finals with Concord winning the State Championship.

Mr. Basketball

March 02, 2014, 09:39:10 pm #9 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:59:34 pm by Mr. Basketball
Final 4 Boys
Calico Rock vs. Concord
Wonderview vs. Norfork

Final 4 Girls
Kingston vs. Nemo Vista
Acorn vs. Wonderview

HorseFeathers

Boys
Scranton vs Concord
Western Grove vs Norfork

Girls
Kingston vs Nemo

Acorn vs Wonderview

gamechanger11

J.D.

It's so hard to predict what will happen in the Kingston/Kirby game. 

Besides that I believe Nemo Vista, Acorn and Wonderview will be in the Semi's.  Great teams, Great coaches.

J.D.

I'm not confident enough to pick out a final four in boys, it's possible that every single one of these games will be close.  I can possibly see 12 different teams make the state semi's.

Concord is about the only team I have enough faith in to pick making it there. Not saying I don't have faith in others,  but just not as much. Next team would probably be Norfork, and that's only because they are playing at such a high level but I could see them having trouble with CL/SSBB winner.

The other spots are just guesses. I like Western Grove because how well they played @ NAC.  However, Wonderview is a really good ball club and Kirby as well.

KIPP/Scranton game could go either way.  That's not meant in anyway disrespect to Scranton,  because Scranton is really solid and is a team that seams like a lot of people have forgot about. Mainly, I believe it could go either way because of what KIPP is capable of.  If KIPP play's like they did at Regionals, then Scranton should find a way to win.

jk

Scranton - Concord winner playing Norfork - Western Grove winner
Scranton- Norfork in finals with Norfork winning
Girls
Kirby-Nemo Vista winner playing Acorn-Viola winner
Kirby playing Viola in finals, Kirby winning
Kingston-Kirby winner will be in finals, tough draw 

Basketballfan13

Boys- Kirby, Norfork, Concord, Scranton. Finals Concord over Norfork
Girls- Kirby, Nemo, Acorn, Wonderview. Finals Acorn over Kirby.

gobblerfire

Boys
Concord over Scranton
Norfork  over Wonderview

Girls
Nemo over Kirby
Wonderview over Acorn

motox202

Boys side
Concord vs Scranton
Norfork vs Wonderview

Girls side--Big question mark for me, havent followed at all, these are pure guess
Kirby vs Nemo
wonderview vs Acorn

anevay1523

March 03, 2014, 06:55:59 pm #18 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:11:25 pm by anevay1523
Boys:

Concord vs. Scranton

Western Grove vs. SSBB

Championship: Concord vs. SSBB and SSBB pulls off the upset because it's hard to lose to the same team 5 times isn't it? hahaha That's messed up  :-[

I don't believe this 100% but it would be cool if it happened. And I don't even know where SSBB is located lol

Catfish

Boys:

Concord vs. Scranton

Concord wins by 8. They played in the State Finals last year and won't settle for anything less than a ring on their finger this year.

Norfork vs. Western Grove

I've heard a lot of good things about both of these teams. Norfork wins by 10. Sounds like the are peaking at the perfect point.

Concord vs. Norfork

Concord wins by 5 in the finals to bring Concord their first state basketball championship.

Girls:

Nemo vs. Kingston

I've seen Nemo play a couple times. Good group of YOUNG girls. Haven't seen Kingston play this year but I've heard a lot of good things. Hoping Nemo pulls this one out.

Wonderview vs. Mulberry

Wonderview has some good shooters and a very good player in the Zimmerman girl. Mulberry continues to win year in and year out. Saying Wonderview by 10 though.

Nemo vs. Wonderview.

Two schools coming from the same conference. Nemo won this past week in the regional finals, so I'm going to take Nemo by 5!

Goodluck to all the boys and girls teams playing this week! Can't wait to get up to Harrison!

playhard

Concord over Scranton
Norfork over Wonderview

Kirby over Nemo
Acorn over Wonderview

Norfork
Kirby

7bball

Two of the best girls teams won't make it to the final four. Too bad Kirby and Kingston and acorn and Mulberry meet in the quarter finals

CRHS4LIFE

Little Bias:

BOYS: Calico Rock vs. Concord; Norfork vs. Western Grove
Finals: Concord vs. Norfork-Winner Concord

GIRLS: Kingston vs. Nemo Vista; Mulberry vs. Wonderview
Finals: (Rematch of 2 years ago) Kingston vs. Wonderview--Winner TBD by two factors:
Which Coach Preps the best for the opponents offense, yes I said offense and if Zimmerman gets the refs to buy into the flop

CRHS4LIFE

Quote from: 7bball on March 04, 2014, 09:57:36 am
Two of the best girls teams won't make it to the final four. Too bad Kirby and Kingston and acorn and Mulberry meet in the quarter finals

You will have one heck of a game, but the same thing happened when Calico Rock played Nevada County in the 2nd round at Magnolia. I believe it was the #1 Lady Blue Jay's at 37-1 taking on the #2 Lady Pirates at 33-6. Quiet a great game and hype to tell you ( Don't know if y'all recall, but Nevada County's starting five and Coach drove to Calico two weeks before that game to watch them play Viola in the regular season.)

J.D.

Quote from: CRHS4LIFE on March 06, 2014, 03:04:27 am
Quote from: 7bball on March 04, 2014, 09:57:36 am

You will have one heck of a game, but the same thing happened when Calico Rock played Nevada County in the 2nd round at Magnolia. I believe it was the #1 Lady Blue Jay's at 37-1 taking on the #2 Lady Pirates at 33-6. Quiet a great game and hype to tell you ( Don't know if y'all recall, but Nevada County's starting five and Coach drove to Calico two weeks before that game to watch them play Viola in the regular season.)

Calico Rock led that entire game it seemed. Only to watch Emily Johnson foul out (I think) and the team struggle in the fourth.   

Then Nevada went on to get beat by WV.

Catfish

I'm really jealous of JD and everyone else that is already in Harrison. Haha can't wait to catch the second, and third round games!!

J.D.

Quote from: Catfish on March 06, 2014, 12:10:12 pm
I'm really jealous of JD and everyone else that is already in Harrison. Haha can't wait to catch the second, and third round games!!

I'm not even in the gym yet and its already a blast!

WPWells

March 06, 2014, 12:25:21 pm #27 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:35:26 pm by 12th Man CHS
My final fours:
Scranton vs. Concord
Kirby vs. County Line

Kingston vs. ICC
Mulberry vs. Viola

BoxNOne

Looks like Norfork let a lot of lickers down tonight.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 06, 2014, 10:33:28 pm
Looks like Norfork let a lot of lickers down tonight.

Lickers? Interesting lol

And I was just looking at that...And I think everybody had them making the semi's...

except for 12th man chs...

He was picking Acorn as his girls champ all season, until he posted in this thread, where he for some reason went with ICC to make semi's? What's with that?

WPWells

My brother and I picked our brackets for all classes together and he's really high on Mulberry!

And ICC is somewhat of a homer pick because while I know they're good, I have a really really good friend from there

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 06, 2014, 10:37:51 pm
My brother and I picked our brackets for all classes together and he's really high on Mulberry!

And ICC is somewhat of a homer pick because while I know they're good, I have a really really good friend from there

ah...your the biggest...multiple team homer(Subi, Charleston, now ICC, the west in general!) on here :D

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Run N Punch

March 07, 2014, 06:57:47 am #34 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:12:02 am by Run N Punch
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 06, 2014, 10:37:51 pm

Drugs are bad but I've never tried Mulberry

WPWells

Woodrow1

Everyone who picked Norfork in the final 4 and finals, what's your thoughts now?  Quick exit for them....

HorseFeathers

I'm thinking my original assumption about the 2 north may have been right. That they were all about average to below average and just beat up on each other. The problem was that the 3 east was A. Young B. One man show with an attitude C. Not very good. . . And the 2 took advantage of it. . . . Of course there is the other thing. Since nobody from the south is highly touted by the democrat gaz, region 4 might be underrated by some of us. . . .

Run N Punch

Anybody got any Mulberry for sale besides in Harrison?

Run N Punch

Mulberry has a great coach I met him a couple of yrs ago.  If it's the same one from then

BR2114

With Norfork out, I like Concord and Wonderview in the Summit if they can keep it together.

playhard

March 09, 2014, 07:42:22 am #41 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:44:36 am by playhard
Concord & Scranton should be very good game(if Concord wins Monday as expected). The winner should have the inside track to the championship. The other side of the bracket looks to be wide open with someone that was not expected to be there in the finals. With Norfork's early exit I'll take the Wonderview - Kirby winner to go to Hot Springs.

TimeManagement

Concord vs Scranton winner will be Scranton by 2

County Line vs Wonderview winner County Line by 3 because County Line beat Wonderview by 1 at County Line in first game of the year

goteam

basketballmom#3

Quote from: 03_underdog_14 on March 09, 2014, 10:10:18 am

County Line vs Wonderview winner County Line by 3 because County Line beat Wonderview by 1 at County Line in first game of the year

I know Scranton won but Concord hasn't even won yet to know they are playing Scranton

Basketballfan13

Quote from: basketballmom#3 on March 09, 2014, 11:57:46 pm
Quote from: 03_underdog_14 on March 09, 2014, 10:10:18 am

I know Scranton won but Concord hasn't even won yet to know they are playing Scranton
These are predictions, what people think will happen.

Run N Punch

Turd Ferguson

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas