• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State: Directions, Food & More

Started by Brian G, March 01, 2014, 05:09:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

March 01, 2014, 05:09:33 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:16:16 am by HF
Please share all your local knowledge here for the event hosted by Jasper at NorthArk.

*Edit by HF...

From the 2014 Arkansas 1A State Tournament Page...https://www.facebook.com/groups/590787874335743/
Restaurant Discounts for Teams
And for those that haven't got rooms yet..

Hotel Rates in Harrison

audiogirl

TAKE YOUR TIME getting there.  Speed traps all over from Mtn Home to Harrison.  If you can't find a place to stay in Harrison, Branson is just 30 minutes away.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: audiogirl on March 01, 2014, 08:39:12 pm
TAKE YOUR TIME getting there.  Speed traps all over from Mtn Home to Harrison.  If you can't find a place to stay in Harrison, Branson is just 30 minutes away.   

Bunch a little towns/speedtraps up highway 65 from Conway as well....

J.D.

So has anyone else paid any attention to the weather event Sunday?  Or am I the only one thinking it could impact us?

CRHS4LIFE

Was talking about it today JD at the Regional in Izard County. Has this been an issue ever before? If so, do they push games back a day, or two or so forth, or do they keep the schedule the same and just play perhaps this Tuesdays game on Friday and bump the 2nd round back from there?

J.D.

Quote from: CRHS4LIFE on March 01, 2014, 09:11:50 pm
Was talking about it today JD at the Regional in Izard County. Has this been an issue ever before? If so, do they push games back a day, or two or so forth, or do they keep the schedule the same and just play perhaps this Tuesdays game on Friday and bump the 2nd round back from there?

Not sure. That's why I'm bringing it up.

It could get nasty up there. I was at Lead Hill an my phone got a Winter Storm Warning for the are. Talking about 2-3 inches of snow and possibly .5' of ice. Not looking swell for Tuesday.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on March 01, 2014, 09:28:42 pm
Quote from: CRHS4LIFE on March 01, 2014, 09:11:50 pm

Not sure. That's why I'm bringing it up.

It could get nasty up there. I was at Lead Hill an my phone got a Winter Storm Warning for the are. Talking about 2-3 inches of snow and possibly .5' of ice. Not looking swell for Tuesday.

Been paying attention to it all day...Supposed to get freezing rain as far south as Russellville(or so local radio would have you believe)

Brian G

Likely, it will be on a case by case basis.  At the earliest, the Finals are the following Thursday so they can delay a bit. Teams should make an effort to get there. 

Another thing is games generally are not played until after a school day ends.  If needed I could see a waiver being granted to let them play in the a.m. to catch up.

J.D.

Quote from: B.G. on March 01, 2014, 09:32:25 pm
Likely, it will be on a case by case basis.  At the earliest, the Finals are the following Thursday so they can delay a bit. Teams should make an effort to get there. 

Another thing is games generally are not played until after a school day ends.  If needed I could see a waiver being granted to let them play in the a.m. to catch up.

Thanks BG

I Scout

Harrison has more than enough motel rooms to easily handle this tournament... I prefer the Hotel Seville and it is only 3 minutes from the college gym. Jasper school district has a very cool FB page. I am told that you can go to their page to find the link or address to the 2014 Arkansas 1A state tournament FB page that they have created for this week. The FB page has directions to the college and motels contact info plus listings of restaurants that are providing team discounts. I heard some fans from Scranton talking about the page last night... They said that "it was very helpful to them"... NorthArk college has a nice gymnasium and they just put in new bleachers so this should be a very fan friendly tournament...

Googlymoogly

March 02, 2014, 12:55:17 am #10 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:02:55 am by Googlymoogly
Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/590787874335743/

To follow on Twitter:
@2014Ark1Astate

Googlymoogly

and here is where the college is located using Google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pioneer+Dr/@36.2215833,-93.0887057,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87ce6007c6e9fff1:0xca6fbbef2f711e21?hl=en

Best thing to remember though, turn at the junction that's right in front of the Kum and Go then turn left at the street that's runs by the Dairy Queen. You will see the college up on your right

ballmember

Trip up hwy 65, state police sometimes set/patrol near Western Grove and will write you a ticket in that 45 mph zone that starts there. 

Bergman1820

I live here in Harrison about 3 miles from the college. I'm going to say area schools closed Monday and Tuesday. With Bergman, Harrison and Valley Springs having school on Saturday. Not sure how they will handle the weather issues, but with the temp on Monday not getting real high, but rising a bit on Tuesday I can see them bumping the schedule back a day and opening round on Wednesday.

Googlymoogly

With the way things are now, and it is STILL sleeting, with the temperatures not getting very high tomorrow, I don't think all the teams can get here to play on Tuesday. The whole thing might be pushed back a day. I guess we will know more tomorrow

J.D.

HorseFeathers

Googlymoogly

Had sunshine all day in Harrison today. Even though the temperature never got higher than 25, the sun did help the main highways around here, although the side roads are still bad. And I am guessing the parking lots at North Arkansas College aren't in great shape either. Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny again with the highs getting into the mid 40s. Just from that, I'd say we will play on Wednesday.

J.D.

Quote from: Googlymoogly on March 03, 2014, 06:48:33 pm
Had sunshine all day in Harrison today. Even though the temperature never got higher than 25, the sun did help the main highways around here, although the side roads are still bad. And I am guessing the parking lots at North Arkansas College aren't in great shape either. Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny again with the highs getting into the mid 40s. Just from that, I'd say we will play on Wednesday.

Great news.

ballmember

Food-

Google:  best places to eat in Harrison, ar   #1

TheOfficial

Neighbors mill is really good food.

ballmember

Neighbor Mill very unique place also.    Always good.

ZoneBuster

Nopalitos grill for Mexican food. Western sizzlin is a great buffet/steak restaurant

Elvis Hoggoblin

Harrison Country Club has a fell menu and you dont need to be a member, resturant is open to the public. good food.

Neighbors Mill is hard to beat tho.

arstatechamp13

Anybody know if the games are being broadcasted on the radio or internet?

Catfish

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 07, 2014, 12:32:44 pm
Anybody know if the games are being broadcasted on the radio or internet?

I'm wondering the same thing.

gobblerfire

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas