• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norfork Sr Boys, What are yalls thoughts?

Started by epotts, February 24, 2014, 09:12:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

epotts

What is everyone's thoughts on Norfork Sr. Boys?

Basketballfan10

They are good group capable of putting up alot of points. They have a good chance to make a deep post season run.

epotts

They have the 2 brothers that are capable of putting up a lot of offense if they are hitting. You think they will win Region?

Basketball4life10

Capable of putting up a lot of points, however, defense is not as good as I would expect it to be. A bad shooting night could mean trouble

bscinar

epotts

Defense during the District Tournament was the best they played all year. And they have some size, but it mainly quickness they rely on.

Woodrow1

They are the most talented team in their district, but with that being said, how many games did they lose in conference play?  This team is capable of winning the region, but also capable of losing in the first round.  Very inconsistent.  I personally don't see them even playing in the finals. 

Basketballfan10

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 25, 2014, 08:23:24 am
They are the most talented team in their district, but with that being said, how many games did they lose in conference play?  This team is capable of winning the region, but also capable of losing in the first round.  Very inconsistent.  I personally don't see them even playing in the finals.

They were 6-4 behind three other teams.  (Calico Rock, Hillcrest , ICC)

epotts

They lost in close games but that is because they couldn't get the tempo the way they wanted it. They now are also playing better defense.

Woodrow1

Quote from: epotts on February 25, 2014, 12:38:05 pm
They lost in close games but that is because they couldn't get the tempo the way they wanted it. They now are also playing better defense.

A good opposing coach and team will not let Norfork control the tempo.

no mascot

Any first round predictions on the girls side?

pootnscoot

Norfork is peaking at the right time and should win the region. They have fixed the defensive rotation problems that plagued them earlier in the year. Poised for a deep run at the state tournament. Chris Lewis is an elite 1A player and his younger brother can carry the team as well when needed.

Basketballfan10

At this point I expect Norfork to win the Region.

Woodrow1

Quote from: Basketballfan10 on February 28, 2014, 01:25:57 pm

You do know that Calico has beat them twice. 

Basketballfan10

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 28, 2014, 01:44:59 pm

Yes I just feel like Norfork is playing really well right now... I know Calico is too.... One of the two will win the region.

pootnscoot

I'm confident Norfork is the better team at this stage of the season. Calico will have a difficult time  stopping  Chris Lewis and he has the better supporting cast. Only my opinion and the kids will settle the issue. Good luck to both teams.

Woodrow1

Quote from: pootnscoot on February 28, 2014, 02:22:31 pm
I'm confident Norfork is the better team at this stage of the season. Calico will have a difficult time  stopping  Chris Lewis and he has the better supporting cast. Only my opinion and the kids will settle the issue. Good luck to both teams.

No team will stop Chris Lewis.  He will get his points.

motox202

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 28, 2014, 01:44:59 pm

.  You did know leading up to this game Norfork had also beat them twice right? Hard to play a fellow conference team 5 times in a season and not lose a couple of them

Run N Punch

You gotta be really good to beat a team more than twice in a season

Woodrow1

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 01, 2014, 08:38:18 am
You gotta be really good to beat a team more than twice in a season

Calico has a pretty good team. That was a great ball game. Game ball needs to go to Wyatt Chapman. Don't understand why he doesn't play more. I hated to see a call at the end of the game decide who won. And the Casey kid should have been T'd up about 3 times. Two good teams! Good luck to both of them the rest of the way!!

pootnscoot

Norfork found a way to win despite Chris Lewis getting in early foul trouble.  Great game to watch. The foul at the end of the game was a good call from the angle I had.

Woodrow1

Quote from: pootnscoot on March 01, 2014, 09:40:29 am
Norfork found a way to win despite Chris Lewis getting in early foul trouble.  Great game to watch. The foul at the end of the game was a good call from the angle I had.

That was the first time they called a reach out in the floor the whole game. That was probably a foul. But the same call wasn't made the whole game.

CRHS4LIFE

March 01, 2014, 07:20:41 pm #22 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:22:22 pm by CRHS4LIFE
Agreed on the foul call. The same ref that made that call earned a reputation of being very consistent with his inconsistency. Called the same foul today for the first time the whole game, at the end of the 3rd quarter. I am all for them letting 'em play or calling it tight, but Refs aren't being efficient if you decide to change your officiating style at half-time. Never will both teams be able to play their best game in a fair environment with that.

Hats off to Norfork, and if Calico isn't winning region I am glad it is them. Chris Lewis made those two free-throws with 1.1 seconds left but that ref decided he wasn't letting the game go into overtime! (By the way he also officiated back-to-back games) which is not supposed to happen in a regional tournament.

epotts

Norfork played an amazing 3rd quarter versus ICC in the regional finals with a 30-9 run. Won the region 85-65!

Catfish

Haven't seen them play this year. Really looking forward to watching them this week.

Phog Allen

Lack of defense will hurt them at this point of the season, it's a steal for them or layup for the other team out of their press and the times I've seen them this year they have given up more lay ups than steals gained. Gamble on defense for 94 feet and will let the opposing team have a number of great scoring opportunities

epotts

Well the past couple of weeks they have put an emphasis on defense, and they have made some adjustments to make it work they the need to. I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of layups given goes way down!

pootnscoot

The bandwagon emptied quite quick. I expect them to bounce back next season and be highly competitive in the 2N.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas