• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Upset Alerts

Started by J.D., February 23, 2014, 11:07:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

What are some games in which the higher seeded team is in trouble. 

Which 1's or 2's will fall. 

Catfish

I see Calico boys possiblely upsetting Maynard.

BasketballNeverStops

In Region 3 Boys, I can see West Side beating Wonderview and Academics Plus beating SSBB.

Lionfan 18

doubledribble

Not a chance AP upsets SS, but I could see WS with the upset. 

jacketman

HorseFeathers

jacketman

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2014, 06:34:59 pm
...Ridgefield over Norfork?

Is Arkansas selling marijuana now or what?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jacketman on February 23, 2014, 06:40:11 pm

Are we talking Legally or not? LoL........I've doubted the 2 North all year long...I went with the best upset to prove my doubts :D

jacketman

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2014, 06:51:47 pm

Are we talking Legally or not? LoL........I've doubted the 2 North all year long...I went with the best upset to prove my doubts :D

Just checking......sounded like a Cheech and Chong prediction! lol

Batman44

Haven't seen Wonderview, but, will pick Greers Ferry over them.

jacketman

Alright, i will take Armorel over Hillcrest. If they can beat Maynard, they can make an upset.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jacketman on February 23, 2014, 07:19:27 pm
Alright, i will take Armorel over Hillcrest. If they can beat Maynard, they can make an upset.

Actually came close to picking this one in my actual predictions I posted on the region thread....because of the win over Maynard...

arstatechamp13

Westside over Wonderview wouldn't surprise me. Westside is playing well. I wouldn't consider it a big upset. And I agree about Norfork. Stranger things have happened. All I know is were about to lose a lot of good teams just because they landed in the same game together.

SHS Baller

Boys
* Nevada over Kirby
* Stephens over Cossatot

Girls
* Caddo over Sparkman

playhard

February 24, 2014, 03:10:52 pm #18 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:12:24 pm by playhard
You guys are not giving Wonderview Boys the credit they deserve... They played hard and well in beating a good MVE team & a good Kipp team in district.... Yeah GF took Concord to dbl ot, they were at home but that still says they are playing better. WV still holds an early season win over them. Beck & Griffin should lead WV to the win. Not denying it I s a tough first round game, lucky for WV it is not at GF.

Sons_of_Scottland

Quote from: playhard on February 24, 2014, 03:10:52 pm
You guys are not giving Wonderview Boys the credit they deserve... They played hard and well in beating a good MVE team & a good Kipp team in district.... Yeah GF took Concord to dbl ot, they were at home but that still says they are playing better. WV still holds an early season win over them. Beck & Griffin should lead WV to the win. Not denying it I s a tough first round game, lucky for WV it is not at GF.
[/quote

IMO GF will win this first round game and pull the upset. Especially if GF plays like they played against Concord. It was a loss but it was a double overtime loss by 3 to the best team in the state. If they play like that against WV they should win. Not taking anything away from WV they are a great team. I just think if each team plays the best it can, West Side will come out on top.   Will see come Wednesday.  One thing is for sure one great team will not be going to State after Wednesday.

arstatechamp13

If WSGF plays like they did against Concord for the rest of the post season they'll go really far. Not many teams could have beat them that night. Wonderview has a better track record but Westside may be coming around just in time

gobblerfire

Not taking anything away from WSGF but they were at home, they have played Concord a few times this year, and Concord the last few weeks have had several close games. If WSGF is such a great team then why are they a 4 seed?? No one is giving WV credit as a 1 seed.

Catfish

Quote from: gobblerfire on February 25, 2014, 12:09:22 pm
Not taking anything away from WSGF but they were at home, they have played Concord a few times this year, and Concord the last few weeks have had several close games. If WSGF is such a great team then why are they a 4 seed?? No one is giving WV credit as a 1 seed.

He said they might be coming around just in time. That don't mean they have been good all year long. I wouldn't wanna play WSGF first round. That's just me. I'm not saying Wonderview isn't good, I'm just saying they could easily get beat.

Run N Punch

It is all about being hot at the right time.  I've seen many a team get hot right now and do damage.  Matchups and timing.  Anyone can lose

Catfish

Quote from: Run N Punch on February 25, 2014, 01:51:08 pm
It is all about being hot at the right time.  I've seen many a team get hot right now and do damage.  Matchups and timing.  Anyone can lose

+1

Basketballfan10

Quote from: Ball.Is.Life on February 23, 2014, 02:08:29 pm
I see Calico boys possiblely upsetting Maynard.

I think this is very possible.

justin1a2

At the concor game and if this is the best 1a team then I haven't missed much.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: justin1a2 on February 26, 2014, 08:39:33 pm
At the concor game and if this is the best 1a team then I haven't missed much.

Or it's a testament to HomeCourt and how much Coach Rodg can do with so little....

justin1a2

30-31 at half. Mtn Vernon isn't very good

motox202

Norfork girls (4th from north) just beat maynard(1st out of the east) by 10. Pretty well maintained control from the start.

bdubyab60

Quote from: motox202 on February 26, 2014, 09:46:54 pm
Norfork girls (4th from north) just beat maynard(1st out of the east) by 10. Pretty well maintained control from the start.
Our girls hung with Maynard for 3.5 quarters, wasn't really impressed with them.

Lionfan 18

Run N Punch

where is the post bout IcC getting baseball bats out?   i saw it earlier.  Can't find it now?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Run N Punch on February 26, 2014, 10:20:02 pm
where is the post bout IcC getting baseball bats out?   i saw it earlier.  Can't find it now?

Are you thinking about Southside? Don't remember seeing one about ICC and baseball...

HorseFeathers

nevermind I found it....it's in the game thread started by ole_ref earlier this week...

Quote from: Bayhoopfan13 on February 22, 2014, 07:04:02 am
2_4_the_show ur a punk from ICC and Bay is gonna beat the brakes off y'all on ur home floor in front of ur fans and then y'all will have ur girls to root for the rest of the wk. Bay has been there done that before coming out of the region up north and been to 3 championship games and hung 2 banners. This young team has already had a great yr but there along ways from done. ICC can get the baseball bats out thur that's all I have to say.You picked the wrong team to trash talk punk.

Run N Punch

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on February 26, 2014, 10:22:26 pm

nevermind I found it....it's in the game thread started by ole_ref earlier this week...

2_4_the_show ur a punk from ICC and Bay is gonna beat the brakes off y'all on ur home floor in front of ur fans and then y'all will have ur girls to root for the rest of the wk. Bay has been there done that before coming out of the region up north and been to 3 championship games and hung 2 banners. This young team has already had a great yr but there along ways from done. ICC can get the baseball bats out thur that's all I have to say.You picked the wrong team to trash talk punk.
You have to much time on your hands. LOl

motox202

. Hey HF, are you still "doubting" the north tonight?! Sorry man, just gotta gloat in this a little bit. Actually got to meet a fellow poster tonight from bay, super nice guy. I've always felt like I should cheer on fellow conference teams though, happy for that bunch from icc

HorseFeathers

Quote from: motox202 on February 26, 2014, 10:30:41 pm

. Hey HF, are you still "doubting" the north tonight?! Sorry man, just gotta gloat in this a little bit. Actually got to meet a fellow poster tonight from bay, super nice guy. I've always felt like I should cheer on fellow conference teams though, happy for that bunch from icc

We'll see after tomorrow :D...at worst though you got a split(Which I think is what I actually predicted, just won't be the 2 teams I thought from each conference)...ICC was the home team after all lol

Timberwolf08

February 27, 2014, 12:57:59 am #39 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:02:17 am by Timberwolf08
As someone with no real dog in this fight, though I'm cheering for concord since Luke, Jacob and Ethan played aau and baseball with Cole and Spencer, after seeing that crazy Bay post, I'm glad they lost. They're a good team, but apparently some of their fans are classless.

Lionfan 18

You brought it all on yourself Bayhoopfan13 with this post, ICC didn't have a chance according to you and a couple other bay lackeys. Is punk your favorite word, you are the one that sounded like a punk!! I figured it would just take a little bait to get a rise outta your fat pie hole.  :o

motox202

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on February 27, 2014, 06:19:24 pm

You brought it all on yourself Bayhoopfan13 with this post, ICC didn't have a chance according to you and a couple other bay lackeys. Is punk your favorite word, you are the one that sounded like a punk!! I figured it would just take a little bait to get a rise outta your fat pie hole.  :o
. Dude, give it a rest already. We get it, you don't like bay, and I don't think he cares for you. How bout you go the the dr and get a shot of chill the heck out.

LHHC

I wonder if Bay was able to get a refund on the rooms they had already booked in Harrison for next week?  Hahaha 

Run N Punch

Don't let real deal read this he might try to put a ring on your finger...

Lionfan 18

Bay could just keep their rooms. Go up, use somebody's field to practice baseball and catch some hoop action in the evenings

arstatechamp13

I think it's about enough of this. Bay lost. They're not the only ones. It's a shame that they're not still in the tournament. Let's talk about games in the future instead of in the past

Run N Punch

I agree lets all move on asking men out and talking about bats and so forth.  Strike 3 im out see yall in Harrison well some of yall

HorseFeathers

Was hoping you guys would move on peacefully...I get tired of locking threads lol...

Run N Punch

We just keeping your locking ability sharpened up.

Lionfan 18

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 01, 2014, 08:34:21 am
Don't let real deal read this he might try to put a ring on your finger...
Clarendon smashed Union, onto the quarters. Real Deal might be digging in that pocket....jk

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas