• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAAAA EAST FIRST WEEK

Started by fastdrop, March 12, 2006, 04:10:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

WEST MEMPHIS - SYLVAN HILLS
CABOT - MOUNTAIN HOME
SEARCY - JACKSONVILLE
FORREST CITY - JONESBORO

It will be a very interesting week.

HSUball2

HSUball2

my picks:
(1) Sylan Hills vs (1)West Memphis
(1) Cabot vs (1) MH
(1) Searcy vs (1) Jacksonville
(2) Jonesboro vs (0) FC

Im givin the edge to jville and wm for the upsets this week

fastdrop

The Cabot - MH game could be very interesting....should one of them sweep the other...it would be very, very tough for the loser to make the play-offs...I have not seen anybody play other than West Memphis in the conference so I could not make picks concerning scores or wins for each team....but...it would make for a great season for all if the first week turned out like baseballkid picked

HSUball2

ive only seen jville (us) play but ive heard wm is kinda good this year so i picked the sweep, but not against tolliver and the others, just goin off of records and last year so..........

WBF †

i agree with all of the "kids" picks too!

powerlifter90

IF......................... IF...................... Jax brings their bats they can beat Searcy.  The key will be if they can get people on and not try to hit it out with every swing.  Jax is a pretty sound ball club but they need to take advantage of every base runner and not leave runs on the bag.   

WBF †

like we've all said, thats gonna make us or break us this year....gettin on and gettin around all four bases.

GoldenLion30

We need to keep from getting hurt too :-[

football0622

Searcy is tough, just ask batesville, i think more than anything its gonna come down to your pitching, Searcy will be able to hit but who knows, WEST MEMPHIS over Sylvan Hills idk about all that now, defending champs arent getting any respect.

HSUball2

can there be any upsets tyler, i mean just one maybe, please.lol

football0622

i never said their couldnt be but its gonna be tough yall have the benefit of playing at home, i hope yall do, iam gonna come watch after our game.  The Sylvan Hills game is at SHS making it even tougher on the Blue Devils because of the nice little bus ride, the wont beat Tolliver and Sylvan Hills doesnt drop off much more than that.  But who knows

HSUball2

that one kid that beat catholic was good, but yea, if i know wm right they will go for the win in the game they dont pitch toliver, meaning they will throw thier ace in the second game if tolliver pitches the first and for us before searcy beat batesvill, i heard they werent doin too good so who knows, i also heard they had some starters out due to injury and grades

HSUball2

Searcy sweeps Jacksonville, 8-5 then 8-0, very good ball club this year.

trackstar07

it suprised me very much that west memphis beat sylvan hills. we (wynne) played west memphis last week and beat them in 5 innings 18-3.

daboykilla36

wat were the scores for the west mephis/sylvan hills game

HSUball2

daboykilla36

im just gonna take time right now and give west mephis their props. Yall must of played really good tonight.

HSUball2

me too, that just makes a tougher route for us now so now we need to sweep cabot, can someone give us some info on cabot?

Frylock

fastdrop

Quote from: trackstar08 on March 14, 2006, 09:26:09 pm
it suprised me very much that west memphis beat sylvan hills. we (wynne) played west memphis last week and beat them in 5 innings 18-3.
yep....it was a different team that showed up tonight...great effort by all....sh played well and should not be taken lightly by anybody.....I could go into more details but it has been a long day and night

fastdrop

Quote from: trackstar08 on March 14, 2006, 09:26:09 pm
I can see how it would...your game was a wake up game for us...and your bats where on fire that night...the devils are 7-2....first time in 15 years we have beaten SH...there will not be a team from the east that goes undefeated this year through the conference...TOUGH...TOUGH...TOUGH...

WBF †

man man....Good job WM. I cant believe we lost...or not we, I didnt play much...but still. Coach told us they couldnt hit, they hit 4 or 5 bombs. They have really good pitchers and are very disciplined. When they hit back to back homers, they showed no emotion, AT ALL! Very good team, but I still think we can beat 'em. We havent really came within 10 runs of them in the last 2-3 years...we lost by 3 and 8, so either we've improved, or they've slacked off. Either way it goes, searcy is a good team who will make the playoffs.

powerlifter90

JACKSONVILLE — With the loss of several mashers to graduation, Clay McCammon figured this year's Searcy Lions might have to play small ball at times to score runs.

Tuesday night was not one of those times. Shane Crossen cracked two home runs and the Lions hit five total in a doubleheader sweep of Jacksonville in the AAAAA-East openers for both teams. Searcy won the first game, 8-5, behind a complete-game victory by Scott Hudgins, then took the nightcap, 8-0, with Scott Sammons and Easton Valentine combining for the shutout.

In the opener it took all of two pitches over about a 15-second span to do in the Red Devils, who came in overmatched but hung with Searcy early. The game was tied 1-1 when Searcy got two on with one out in the third.

Sammons turned on the first offering and belted a three-run homer over the fence in right — his second of the year. One pitch later, Shane Crossen followed suit with a shot over the fence in left center to make it 5-1. 

The Lions threatened to turn it into a rout when they loaded the bases on three consecutive walks but left them all stranded. Searcy left 16 runners over the two games.

Hudgins ran into trouble in the bottom of the inning, allowing two runs on two singles, two walks and an error. But after loading the bases on four straight balls with one out, Hudgins delivered six straight strikes to retire the side with a pair of strikeouts and Searcy held on to a 5-3 lead.

The Lions got those runs back in the fourth on Shane Crossen's two run triple to center field to make it 7-3. Jordan Payer hit a home run for Jacksonville in the bottom half, but Hudgins sent a rope over the fence in left center to lead off the sixth.

Searcy managed just six hits and committed four errors, while the Red Devils had seven hits and two errors. The Lions turned two double plays. Crossen had two hits and Sammons had four RBIs. Hudgins struck out nine and walked three to improve to 2-0.

It was all Searcy (7-1, 2-0) in the nightcap. The Lions jumped to a 2-0 lead after one inning without benefit of a hit. An error, a hit batter, a walk, two wild pitches and Sammons' ground out plated Easton Valentine and Hudgins.

Sammons was masterful on the mound, breaking off his curve ball to keep the Devil bats at bay. He allowed lead off singled in the first, second and fourth innings, but good defense helped him each time. Second baseman Kyle Taylor started a 4-6-3 double play in the first, and Crossen gunned down a runner trying to steal in the second.

Sammons started an unlikely 1-6-3 double play in the fourth on a slow roller to the mound by the speedy Adrian Baker. After an error landed a runner at second base later in the inning, Sammons again demonstrated his fielding skills by grabbing a slow roller between the mound and third, wheeling and getting the runner by a half step.

The Lions got some insurance in the fifth when pinch hitter Chad Weir belted a two run homer to left center. Crossen hit his third home run of the season and third in the last three games when he delivered a towering blast over the fence in left to drive in Hudgins and Jason Jennings. Searcy added an unearned run for the final tally.

Sammons (2-0) came within two outs of a complete game shutout but was lifted after a one-out double in the seventh. Valentine came in to strike out the two batters he faced.

Sammons went 6 1/3 innings and allowed six hits and a walk, while striking out seven.

Searcy finished with eight hits, including two by Andy Garlington. While the Lions committed five errors on the night, they turned four double plays.

Searcy will host Vilonia on Friday at 4 for a varsity game followed by a junior varsity contest.

WBF †

nice post....it says it all... Errors will give the game away. And command of ur freakin pitches. Miss the spot on the big lefty, got a 3-run HR. 3 or 4 wild pitches also provided runs. The double plays nailed the coffin shut. Good job Searcy.

powerlifter90

Searcy is good, I'll give them all the credit for two wins last night.  But, Jax did everything they could to make Searcy look good.  This was NOT the same Jax team I've seen play so far this year, keep your heads up guys, and be ready for Cabot next week.   

cabotpantherman

Cabot beat Mh 1st game 11-0 and 2nd game 2-1. The games were at MH. (Brutal drive on a week day)

cabotpantherman

I will mention we beat MH with only 2 seniors in the lineup. Our 3rd senior Kyle West stayed at home due to illness.

GoldenLion30

I hope we(MFEMFEMFEMFE) can bounce back..................We played pretty good in the first game but a few missed opportunities cost us.

WBF †

we have one senior....dont give us that.

fastdrop

Quote from: cabotpantherman on March 15, 2006, 08:41:56 pm
Cabot beat Mh 1st game 11-0 and 2nd game 2-1. The games were at MH. (Brutal drive on a week day)
hey..hey..welcome to the party....thought WM and Jax was the only 2 cities in Arkansas that knew we were playing baseball.....wm has 4 seniors and all are contributing in a big way....nice to have them...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas