• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7AA-Central

Started by razorfan, March 07, 2006, 08:34:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What team will come out on top come late April?

Genoa Central
Springhill
Gurdon
Nevada
Fouke

razorfan

who do you think has the best shot at the conference crown and why...

here's what i have heard about the teams...and I list them in no particular order

Springhill - several good players but as a whole struggles at the wrong time

Genoa Central - not real sure bout GC, had a good team last year....but i think they graduated their better players

Nevada - just one or two real ballplayers will struggle to win a conference game

Gurdon - very young team...graduated 7 starting seniors from last years team...but is playing decent to start the season....just 3 upperclassmen start....deep pitching

Fouke - return most of last years team after a pretty solid season...definetly a team to watch out for...

JunBug

It should be between Fouke and Genoa, but the other teams have some talented kids especially Gurdon with it's pitching crew.  Fouke has started off slow with only one win on the season, but have kept it tight against some pretty good teams.  As soon as they get the mental factors worked out they should be fine.  They posted a big win against a Shreveport team last game 22-3 and have played Hooks, Tx and Horatio, Ar pretty tight until late in the game.  Genoa has posted some wins early on and look decent with a couple of transfers that should boost their quest for a district title.  Keeping thr pitchers healthy and strong will be a key factor for either of these teams if they want to make the playoffs. 

Hit and Run

Genoa is off to an ok start.  I think they beat Fouke in the Atlanta Tournament pretty bad, and looks like they played with Atlanta, TX and Mt. Pleasant, TX
Beating a little Class C private Christian School with 9 players is nothing to brag about.

JunBug

March 08, 2006, 01:44:52 pm #3 Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 01:49:08 pm by JunBug
Not bragging, just stating facts; however, I did forget to state that genoa beat Fouke in a tournament at Atlanta.  Did they beat them pretty bad and could you tell much about Fouke and genoa early in the season?  Just wandering what your definition of pretty bad is.  Were you at the Fouke and Little Class C game in Shreveport also?  If so share the stats please....others would like to know.

Hit and Run

Genoa   8  12  1
Fouke    0    1  1

Payne 11 k's (win)
Sutton (loss)

Wasn't at the Shreveport Christian Game, but the Panthers probably needed that after the last week.  Although I hear they are winning the vandalism category.

JunBug

Idle time can be the devil's workshop.

Hit and Run

He must be running wild down there.

JunBug

Are you refering to the green paint at fouke issue or something else?  He runs wild on both sides of the bridge down there from what I here.  Are you from Genoa or Fouke "Hit and Run"?
I here both teams should be pretty salty this year.

razorfan

March 08, 2006, 08:17:02 pm #8 Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:53:38 am by razorfan
we (gurdon) have played springhill twice...the first game wasn't to pretty i think it was like 8-1 or something close to it...and the second game was 7-6 i believe, springhill also winning that one...they have some talent and seem to be pretty young....poole has them playing pretty well...banks brothers are pretty good also...

playthegame

Gurdon has a problem of being consistant.

butcherboi

Gurdon is improving...they lost one of their better players a few weeks ago but he should be back before conference season is over....pitching is even deeper than everyone thought....could give anyone a good game on any given day....they start 5 underclassmen in the infield and 2 in the outfield (once they get back the centerfielder).......they are a dark horse this year...but a definite threat for the future

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas