• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is classification that big of deal in High School Baseball?

Started by GoldenLion30, February 22, 2006, 06:00:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenLion30

I think it isn't...................well may be from 3a to 5a because there are 3a teams out there that could hang with 5a and Batesville is probably the best team in any classification.

WBF †

...post count + 1....not a "swell" post....try again...lol

ShakBakyBake

GoldenLion30

Just cause I am not talking crap or saying how Jacksonville is going to win every game we play does not make it a bad post.

COLT GUY

Classification is a big deal in every sport the higher the classification the more people you have to choose from and the more people that you have to choose from the chance of more talent is higher.  Therefore the higher classification is a big deal to baseball or any other sport out there

Missco

unclevetren

either way private recruiting schools should have their own.........

packerfan

Quote from: unclevetren on February 26, 2006, 04:59:50 pm
either way private recruiting schools should have their own.........

Can we please not go through this any more. 

Waddl3

rsvl_hogfan4

February 28, 2006, 07:01:02 pm #10 Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:03:14 pm by U of A is Tourney bound
Quote from: Missco on February 26, 2006, 03:24:18 pm
Classification is only important in football.
Oh it is huh? I would be willing to bet the best AAAAA school would beat the best AAAA school and so on and so forth. It does matter in just about every sport. I can promise you Russellville has more athletes than any AAA school and most AAAA schools.

ejay

Quote from: U of A is Tourney bound on February 28, 2006, 07:01:02 pm
Quote from: Missco on February 26, 2006, 03:24:18 pm
Classification is only important in football.
Oh it is huh? I would be willing to bet the best AAAAA school would beat the best AAAA school and so on and so forth. It does matter in just about every sport. I can promise you Russellville has more athletes than any AAA school and most AAAA schools.

I think football has the least parity of it all, Altheimer high school is consistently a powerhouse in basketball i remember they even beat Pine Bluff high the year after they won the state championship in.

Missco

In football their is no way for small schools to compete with bigger schools. In other sports it happens all the time. I have seen countless Class A and AA school win basketball games against AAAA and AAAAA schools. It happens on a regular basis. It happens in baseball and track often also.

Jimbo Morphis

in baseball small schools can sometimes compete for one game, but in a tournament they will run out of pitching.

gpirate81

In baseball last year Greenland run ruled Lincoln twice, Lincoln being the 1AAA Conference champs. A lot of the really good teams in 2a and 3a, like any of the Teams that made it to the second round of state last year, could all compete and even be top runners in higher classifications.
Quote from: oldman on March 01, 2006, 10:20:56 am
in baseball small schools can sometimes compete for one game, but in a tournament they will run out of pitching.
That would be true for some of the state teams that made it to the first round of state or the semifinals of regionals. Also, how good your team is doesn't always depend school classification, but on tradition or coaching.

Short and Stout

It really isn't that big of a deal in baseball.  For example, Rivercrest has played a AAAAA, AAAA, and a AA team and the best was the AA team by far.  BTW, I don't think anyone would argue that Batesville could beat any bigger team in the state.

amehr36

Yes, and when little old Junction City used to win the overall state championship it never mattered either...baseball's classes dont mean much.

pioneerbasketball

Football it would matter. But basketball and baseball I don't think it would.

M16Colt

its not as a big of a deal as it seems but bigger schools are at an advantage because bigger schools attract better coaches and talent. 

I'm pretty sure if you had to choose to attend a big school like CAC or a small school like Armorel, you would more then likely choose CAC for sports or for academic reasons.

iou nothing_colts

Class means nothing. we have played many teams from almost all classes, higher and lower than us, it means nothing what so ever.

Stinger

One game every now and then  it might not matter.  If you had to compete on a regular basis itwould matter a great deal.  

amehr36

yep, thats me

like everybody is saying, football matters alot.  But baseball and basketball doesnt matter too much.  The only thing is the more students a school has the more variety.  they have a better chance of getting better players because of the enrollment numbers.  i know somebody has already said something similar to this but i was just stating my point.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas