• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

favorite to win 5A state...

Started by WBF †, January 25, 2006, 09:06:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whos gonna go to the ship?

sylvan hills
8 (12.7%)
jonesboro
10 (15.9%)
fayettville
6 (9.5%)
conway
1 (1.6%)
fortsmith SS
5 (7.9%)
someone from the south
7 (11.1%)
nlr
2 (3.2%)
bryant
8 (12.7%)
other?
16 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

WBF †

tiger96

The South...Watson Chapel, Benton, Pine Bluff, El Dorado, Texarkana, or Sheridan.  Any of these teams could get it done this year.  What do you guys think about these?

rebelman11

WBF †

i wasnt sure if it was ns or ss....no one would answer me when I would ask around...I'll change it- thanks

kitkat

Quote from: tiger96 on January 25, 2006, 11:05:31 am
The South...Watson Chapel, Benton, Pine Bluff, El Dorado, Texarkana, or Sheridan. Any of these teams could get it done this year. What do you guys think about these?
Watson Chapel...time will tell

WBF †

is watson chapel the best in the south?...<----I really dont know much about other conferences, especially the south.

tiger96

I've heard that Watson Chapel didn't lose many guys, but I don't think that Benton did either.  The other teams in the south are also right there with them!

WBF †

which team is better? WC or Benton?

tiger96

they are probably neck and neck.....both have tons of talent this year and always do!

zebrafan

Watson Chapel is going to be good in the 5A South, Pine Bluff lost a lot of players, but will have some talent coming back this year i dont no about the other teams this year.

WBF †

WBF †

key_stone12

If Springdale had all their football players playing they would win...

Mississippi_DE

do the sprindale players play baseball?  I dont know.  key_stone are you jsut assuming because someone's good at football they can play baseball?  Kind of far fetch'd.  As far as the south, can anyone tell me when the benton/wc game is?  I bet the winner of that makes it to state.

SHHSballplayer5232

Why does not anybody think that Sylvan Hills will still hold it down regardless of the key players we have lost! I mean we still got Tolliver, the Miller Brothers, Gwatney, Taylor Roark, Shwan Bybee, Caleb Mayden, and Big Boi Greg Castille we still gonna hold it down regardless ;D

4x4Offroad

Quote from: razorback85 on February 19, 2006, 11:14:45 pm
Quote from: Mississippi_DE on February 19, 2006, 08:03:01 am
do the sprindale players play baseball? I dont know. key_stone are you jsut assuming because someone's good at football they can play baseball? Kind of far fetch'd. As far as the south, can anyone tell me when the benton/wc game is? I bet the winner of that makes it to state.
yeah they would be good if the football players played. Williams and Norman are great baseball players, and Mustain went like 10-1 w/ a really low era playing as a soph. I don't know if any are going to play not being from Springdale, but yeah these athletes do it all.
Mustain was 7-0 with a .90 ERA as a sophomore.

WBF †

wow SH...u named players that probably no one has ever heard before. Good luck tho.

football0622

Not to be rude but three of those from SH have already signed college scholarships, so you might want to check whos before you post.

WBF †

ive heard of Tolliver and the miller bros....

key_stone12

Andrew Norman is awesome... Mustain is an awesome pitcher.. .could probably play D1 baseball... damian isn't that bad.... I don't know if Eric Jones is playing but he's pretty good.... Bryce Skelton can play.... So can Jon Bowman... i don't know if they have the offense though

Pintail

Catholic High School will contend for the AAAAA Central Conference and will make a solid showing in the state tournament.  They are well coached and have an abundance of talent led by Razorback signee Brando White(pitcher).  There is a stable of back up pitchers as well as solid talent throughout the line-up.  Other names to watch:  Squires, Gardner, Aruffo, and Alonzo.  No darkhorse here.

WBF †

yeah catholic is very good this year.

wolf baseball

tiger96

Who pitched for Lake Hamilton??  Any details about the game?

shim72

I have to go with Sylvan Hills.  They have some of the best pitching along with a college prospect filled out-field.  The only down side to the bears is the young players, who will step up in due time.
Also, don't forget about Central. No one expects anything from them and could be a major factor in 5A baseball.

dogpile10

When are they gonna start playing like it, losing 2x to central and beating Fair by only 1.

WBF †

central has a youngster named tommy sanders who can pitch. I heard he had 13 K's vs SH out of 15 batters. IF thats true, watch out. I've played with tommy since i was 6 or 7, this kid can play some ball.

key_stone12

Har-ber beat Rogers, Shiloh, and Farmington. One drawback is no expierence

shim72

March 06, 2006, 06:19:44 pm #28 Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 06:30:30 pm by shim72
True, Central did beat Sylvan Hills. This is a reason I suggested Central to be a breakthrough team.  And about Fair, We pitched a freshman pitcher, this being his first appearance. (This is what i was talking about young players on the team) Any of our starters would have shut down Fairs lineup.  Oh, and about athletes on Central's team. That Tappan pitcher, he is a heck of a hitter.

WBF †

never heard of tappan....junior or what?

football0622

I know Sylvan is not saying they pitched a freshmen against Fair, iam pretty sure Roark is a Junior.

WBF †

kitkat

Quote from: Mississippi_DE on February 19, 2006, 08:03:01 am
do the sprindale players play baseball? I dont know. key_stone are you jsut assuming because someone's good at football they can play baseball? Kind of far fetch'd. As far as the south, can anyone tell me when the benton/wc game is? I bet the winner of that makes it to state.
March 31st @ Watson Chapel Field 5:00

key_stone12

Fayetteville has two good pitchers... their going to have to find a third one... maybe Salsbury

ThatGuy

wow, so i guess nobody actually saw damian williams play baseball did they? his era had to have been 10+. he gave up 7 runs b4 he got one out 3 times last year. ever think there was a reason he quit? mustain was one heck of a pitcher tho when he was a soph. too bad they couldn't get him back this year. Watch out for sdale tho. mcginnis is swingin it well right now and greenlee is startin to show signs of how he hit last year. but whoever said that their offense is wats in question is right. they got an awesome staff and it's if they got the bats to score the run or two a nite they'll need to win

WBF †

does "staff" win ball games?...not too often, got to have talent at the high school level my friend. Good luck 2 wherever you're from.

key_stone12

Damain never should of pitched.... stick in him right..... Tedford is starting to come around to....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas