• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comments about the Marion Patriot baseball team

Started by Bsktballplyr818, November 07, 2005, 06:43:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bsktballplyr818

pioneerbasketball

They'll probably do so so. Batesville is just too strong and too good. Marion won't win the East but could make it to the playoffs.

Bsktballplyr818

pioneerbasketball

Bsktballplyr818

Heard a sophmore named Logan Parker is expected to do pretty well this year...hit .397 as a freshman and is powerful hitter and starting 2nd base

fastdrop

pioneerbasketball

Mark my words, they will not win the AAAA East.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

the past couple of years they have had a good team!

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on November 08, 2005, 12:02:57 pm
the past couple of years they have had a good team!
They may have a good team but won't win the AAAA east.

XFalkonz

this may be off the subject and forgive me for asking here but how is the rest of the AAAA east going to look this year? MArion had a very solid team when I saw them at the state tourney and they will probably be good this year again. We are replacing them next year in the conference and the only teams that we really know about are Beebe, Nettleton ( we know some of their coaches) and BAtesville ( everyone knows about them). We play Beebe every year and they are going to be better but I hear alot of talk about Wynne and they seem to be moving toward a program to reckon with.

pioneerbasketball

I believe beebe could be making some noise this year. Call me a homer if you want, but batesville will be returning everybody. Back to back State Champs and has appeared in the championship game the last 4 years straight.

XFalkonz

Batesville is just a machine. They keep producing good ball players. They are getting a reputation for being one of the best areas for baseball in the South. They are getting a "pine bluff" type reputation although they are not quite there at that level. yet....but they might get there soon. I dont look forward to being in their conference next year or any year to be honest.

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: Falkonz on November 08, 2005, 12:30:02 pm
Batesville is just a machine. They keep producing good ball players. They are getting a reputation for being one of the best areas for baseball in the South. They are getting a "pine bluff" type reputation although they are not quite there at that level. yet....but they might get there soon. I dont look forward to being in their conference next year or any year to be honest.
Softball team is doing good also. They've appeared in the last 2 championship games.Last year, Batesville's baseball and softball was both state champs.Last 2 years both teams were in the state championship game.

adam_032006

Yeah of course Batesville will be very good as usual. Beebe will make the playoffs this year, we have a lot of talent and a new coach, so we're hoping for the best.  I'm sure Marion will be good and make the playoffs also.  I'm not too sure about the other playoff team though, but IMO, it will be either Nettleton or Wynne.

PIONEERII

Batesville has appeared in the last four state championship games in baseball, having won the last two. Should be good again with all the position starters back in addition to the top 5 pitchers.

msubulldogs21

November 10, 2005, 11:40:34 pm #15 Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:43:06 pm by msubulldogs21
From what I saw of Marion last year, they should be a pretty solid team this season because they have some good players coming back for them. I saw them a few times during the regular season and once in the state tournament, and they had themselves some good ball players and one pitcher in particular was excellent. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his name is Justin Counce and when I saw him pitch he dominated the hitters he was facing with some nasty stuff.

Batesville is definately the favorite in class AAAA and in the East this year like most recent years and the bad thing for other teams in that conference is that they are returning almost everyone from last year's state championship team! Jacob Eary is a very good player for the Pioneers that I remember seeing last year and they had many other good players too. They just had a lot of exceptional guys who had good fundementals and were well rounded in every aspect of the game and are a very well coached team. I think that it's possible Batesville can be beaten but it will be a very tough thing to do because they will have a lot of good, experienced players back this year who know how to win and get the job done. Good luck to all teams!

drpepper

They have a nice field. A guy from The Memphis Tigers hit a homer over the powerlines off of me.

MarionTrackStar44

NSS

Marion will not win the East because they start off hot every year, going about 9-0 or 10-0 and then they cant finish. They lose conference games to teams that only win a few conference games. Marion is always the team that gets upset. They do have some great talent coming back in Counce and Cooper. And Parker and Walker could help. It just depends on if Marion drops those 1 or 2 conference games taht they shouldnt.

LadyP11

Marion was a solid baseball team last year and did pretty good. This year they should be even better with who they have coming back...Logan Parker who is comn back and he is one of their top hitters.. so i think Marion has a big change of winning 4A...

devils

Quote from: Bsktballplyr818 on November 07, 2005, 09:03:14 pm
Heard a sophmore named Logan Parker is expected to do pretty well this year...hit .397 as a freshman and is powerful hitter and starting 2nd base

im sorry to tell u this but logan is out for the year they think. he broke his ankle during practice. sorry marion

LadyP11

well i go to marion, so unless he broke it today hes still playn..

Bsktballplyr818

Logan Parker did not break his ankle..whoever you heard that from is wrong..I believe he fractured it and was out for a week..but he's starting back to practice Monday

LadyP11

Yea they said that he had just hurt it pretty bad..but he would be back!!! thank goodness lol

MarionPatriotsHLV

Quote from: LadyP11 on January 30, 2006, 11:23:37 am
Yea they said that he had just hurt it pretty bad..but he would be back!!! thank goodness lol
So we are gonna do just fine, and win 4a east

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: H Lyn V on February 26, 2006, 12:28:41 am
Quote from: LadyP11 on January 30, 2006, 11:23:37 am
So we are gonna do just fine, and win 4a east
Your not winning conference in baseball. Promise you that. Which Conference are you in?

MarionPatriotsHLV

Quote from: He hate me on February 26, 2006, 05:49:00 pm
Quote from: H Lyn V on February 26, 2006, 04:16:15 pm
Quote from: He hate me on February 26, 2006, 02:14:15 pm
Quote from: MarionTrackStar44 on February 26, 2006, 02:06:02 pm
east
I know, she said 4a..its AAAA ;D It just bothers me
Its the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No its not.
4A or AAAA say both of them to yourself........ They are the same except one of them says A A A A!!!! Big flippin Deal..... Stop Crying and get over it!

Thanx..
HLV

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: H Lyn V on February 26, 2006, 06:26:56 pm
Quote from: He hate me on February 26, 2006, 05:49:00 pm
east
No its not.
4A or AAAA say both of them to yourself........ They are the same except one of them says A A A A!!!! Big flippin Deal..... Stop Crying and get over it!

Thanx..
HLV
Nobody's crying, Just trying to help you out.

LadyP11

We are 2 and 0 right now.. but we havnt played conference games yet, but ya better be darn straight that we are gonna win AAAA(4A)..

Frylock

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: LadyP11 on March 09, 2006, 10:52:53 am
We are 2 and 0 right now.. but we havnt played conference games yet, but ya better be darn straight that we are gonna win AAAA(4A)..
Please explain why your gonna win the AAAA.

Quote from: The Schwabb on March 09, 2006, 03:07:17 pm
Quote from: He Hate Me on February 26, 2006, 05:49:00 pm
east
No its not.

I understand and agree. the 4A conference is much smaller and weaker than the AAAA conference
Thank you, You could be my favorite poster on the baseball board ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas