• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 8

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, October 16, 2018, 12:53:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Big time matchups this week as the end of the regular season quickly approaches. The playoff seed are starting to shape and some teams have work to do in order to get somewhere acceptable.
Trumann @ Pocahontas: Trumann is coming off a big win at Highland, while the opposite can be said about the Redskins. They have lost a starting receiver as well as their starting QB. This winner of this game more than likely ends up with the 3 seed, who has to take a dreaded trip to South Ark.
Redskins- 34 Wildcats- 22
Rivercrest @ Westside: This is Hooten's GOTW, and the winner all but clinches the #1 seed. Both teams have had major ups and minor downs, but Rivercrest is too much to handle for the Wonderwarriors.
Colts- 48 Warriors- 26
Gosnell @ Highland: Both teams are still fighting for a playoff spot, but it looks like Gosnell has the edge here. Highland may very well end up with only one win this year. Any and everything has happened this season, but Gosnell's winning ways take them over the top
Pirates- 25 Rebels- 12
Brookland @ Cave City: This game determines who won't be last place. There is an unlikely, yet small chance, that Cave City could sneak in for the 5 seed with a win (if things go haywire). But like I said, any and everything has happened in this conference this year. I think it's a close game, mainly because nobody wants to be the cellar-dweller come the beginning of next season
Cavemen- 28 Bearcats- 20

sludgefoot

Sad to say but Pocahontas is definitely an underdog again this week.  It's possible could not make playoffs.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: sludgefoot on October 17, 2018, 11:32:16 am
     Sad to say but Pocahontas is definitely an underdog again this week.  It's possible could not make playoffs.
They'll make the playoffs... It's just a matter of if it's the #3, 4, or 5 seed.

Redskin2015

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 18, 2018, 08:18:33 am
They'll make the playoffs... It's just a matter of if it's the #3, 4, or 5 seed.
Just in case it hasn't been said enough that 3 seed will be brutal

redandgray

What has happened to Gosnell?  Shut out at home against Trumann and took OT to beat Brookland. Just curious.

Redskin2015

Quote from: redandgray on October 18, 2018, 08:05:54 pm
What has happened to Gosnell?  Shut out at home against Trumann and took OT to beat Brookland. Just curious.
I've been wondering the same

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

From what I've seen, lack of depth, conditioning, and a lot of sophomores. Still strange to see Gosnell struggle regardless of what they have

bigchief72455

It happens that way every once in a while.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 18, 2018, 09:28:12 pm
It happens that way every once in a while.
I remember the scary days of Carlos Blackman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas