• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PC vs Mountainburg

Started by eldofan, November 04, 2018, 09:04:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eldofan

Redzone

Mountainburg with the mercy rule.

Yogi bear

P.C. has played the tougher schedule without a doubt. P.C. has a good q.b. and a couple of good receivers. I say P.C. in a close  high scoring game.

Wildcatalumni21

Burg has the game over at the end of the 1st quarter and the clock runs in the 2nd half!

Hawgpilot

I like Burg to win this one by 10.

cuz

PC could win this one, they have the tools, just need to stay focused.....

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: cuz on November 04, 2018, 09:59:09 am
PC could win this one, they have the tools, just need to stay focused.....
They have about as good of a chance as we did against y'all lol

cuz

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 04, 2018, 01:43:00 pm
They have about as good of a chance as we did against y'all lol
Come on now, gotta root for the underdog....😄

RATTLER43

Hornet68

Man we played Pc first round last year and they kept it close for a half. They aren't a bad ball club so you gotta jump out on em early bc if you don't they have the speed to stay in it and stay in it till the end. Luckily last year we came out at half and took care of business.

N2DEEP

dawgpound

I'm a homer so I'll take pc ina what you call it when you chew all your finger nails off

sickwillie

Quote from: dawgpound on November 04, 2018, 03:14:41 pm
I'm a homer so I'll take pc ina what you call it when you chew all your finger nails off

Barn burner!

cuz

sickwillie

dawgpound

I was just making a funny if you happened to watched Hamptons livestream Friday night one of our guys couldn't think of what it was called NAIL BITER

sickwillie

Quote from: dawgpound on November 04, 2018, 04:03:59 pm
I was just making a funny if you happened to watched Hamptons livestream Friday night one of our guys couldn't think of what it was called NAIL BITER

I knew you were being funny that's why I chose 2 other filer terms

dawgpound

Man i didn't even look at who said that lol

cuz

Quote from: dawgpound on November 04, 2018, 04:24:54 pm
Man i didn't even look at who said that lol
Those two ol boys definitely were entertaining. They had me rolling....😂

sickwillie

Quote from: cuz on November 04, 2018, 05:22:46 pm
Those two ol boys definitely were entertaining. They had me rolling....😂

He's the color man of the century lol.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: cuz on November 04, 2018, 01:50:26 pm
Come on now, gotta root for the underdog....😄
Can't do that, gotta root for my conference. Plus I'd like to see how Burg does against y'all 🤔

eldofan

Who are the key players for mountainburg ?

Bearden_Bear72

I think PC might surprise The burg.  Parker Chapel has one the toughest schedules in 2A.  I think in a different conference they could be a 2-4 seed. 

I'll take PC in a close game.  28-22

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: eldofan on November 04, 2018, 06:33:00 pm
Who are the key players for mountainburg ?
The entire backfield! #6 is QB and makes smart decisions, #39 is FB and runs hard and will not go down at first contact, #14 is a quick RB and is good at running thru tackles as well, and #5 is their speedster. Fastest kid I believe we played all year and is pretty shifty! They are decently sized up front but not as physical as I expected. Defensively their run defense is average and struggle a little in pass coverage. They are very disciplined though and play mostly mistake free football from what I've seen.

eldofan

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 04, 2018, 07:56:30 pm
The entire backfield! #6 is QB and makes smart decisions, #39 is FB and runs hard and will not go down at first contact, #14 is a quick RB and is good at running thru tackles as well, and #5 is their speedster. Fastest kid I believe we played all year and is pretty shifty! They are decently sized up front but not as physical as I expected. Defensively their run defense is average and struggle a little in pass coverage. They are very disciplined though and play mostly mistake free football from what I've seen.
Thanks for the info

cuz

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 04, 2018, 06:24:35 pm
Can't do that, gotta root for my conference. Plus I'd like to see how Burg does against y'all 🤔
Not as good as Hector....😆

DnA Prostaff

I'm picking the dragons, pretty sure they will be ticked off after a tough loss against Hector.

Rida4Life

the burg might very well win big but I don't see it.  They will AT BEST be the 8th most athletic team PC has faced all year.  Chapel won't be intimidated that's for sure. 
These ain't NEAR the same type of dragons we are used to facing.  Not nearly as much fire.

eldofan

Hoping for a good game. I'll be making the trip Friday night. With PC's schedule they shouldn't be surprised by anything Mountainburg does

Wildcatalumni21

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: eldofan on November 05, 2018, 02:25:31 pm
Hoping for a good game. I'll be making the trip Friday night. With PC's schedule they shouldn't be surprised by anything Mountainburg does
Have y'all played anyone that uses alot of misdirection? Serious question, cuz Burg does a good job at getting your eyes to go one way and they will be coming back the other way. Hector's DE's done a great job at staying home and being disciplined which is what it twkes

Prouddragondad

Well I'm ready to see how Burg responds after being upset Friday. Not trying to take anything away from Hector cause they played a good game but Burg was the better team heading into the game and I still believe we are still the better team but the best team doesn't always win thats why you play the game. Going into the Hector game We had some obstacles to over come after losing some guys for the game. We had lost our MLB with a fractured foot out for season and then the day before the game we lost #20 our top receiver who is a big part of our offense and he started at DE and does a good job there. Plus day of game we lose another defensive player to the flu and during first have #5 comes out puking on the sideline for awhile. He did come back and play but did lose 2 fumbles which was the first time all year to fumble. Which things happen sometimes and good team overcome them things and as a team we didn't do that. Also I think we were over confident cause our last 4 games were won by mercy rule and people started talking a lot about this team so maybe a little bit of the big head.

Now it's time to see what team shows up Friday the one that is upset at how they played and will take their frustrations out on PC and win by 3 or 4 tds or the one that still stays down from the lost and let's PC hang around and make it interesting. I believe the first one will show up cause these boys are upset at how bad they played and will want to show everyone that they are for real.

PC fan

that's what happens when your team eats the cheese..  :P

Hornet4ever

Burg handles business Friday.

Yogi bear

P.C. will be a better team than you think

Rida4Life

Like I said... Burg may be the real deal and hammer PC... but I'm betting this one is a shootout.

raven

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 05, 2018, 06:31:48 pm
Hector game We had some obstacles to over come after losing some guys for the game. We had lost our MLB with a fractured foot out for season and then the day before the game we lost #20 our top receiver who is a big part of our offense and he started at DE and does a good job there. Plus day of game we lose another

I kept saying during the hector game where's #20 and #4, 2 big play makers for burg.  Burg has lots of play makers, but losing a couple in key areas is hard to overcome especially at the last minute.  Hopefully they put it behind them are are ready for PC on Friday - Go Dragons! 

bearfan

Parkers Chapel would most likely finish as the one or two seed in Mountainburg conference.

eldofan

Quote from: raven on November 06, 2018, 09:38:32 am
I kept saying during the hector game where's #20 and #4, 2 big play makers for burg.  Burg has lots of play makers, but losing a couple in key areas is hard to overcome especially at the last minute.  Hopefully they put it behind them are are ready for PC on Friday - Go Dragons!
[/quote Are they lost for the year ?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bearfan on November 06, 2018, 09:47:51 am
Parkers Chapel would most likely finish as the one or two seed in Mountainburg conference.

No, they wouldn't. I've seen film on PC, our 1-4 seed could beat Parker's Chapel. No disrespect, but just because they are in the 8-2A doesn't mean they are automatically better than us. The last time PC came to Hackett we took care of business just fine.

Wildcatalumni21

They would be the 4 or 5 seed. Hector and Burg would mercy rule PC. Magazine, Hackett, and Lavaca all are capable of beating them as well

eldofan

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 06, 2018, 10:12:35 am
They would be the 4 or 5 seed. Hector and Burg would mercy rule PC. Magazine, Hackett, and Lavaca all are capable of beating them as well
they will get the chance to Friday night. So we shall see.

Rida4Life

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 06, 2018, 10:03:54 am
No, they wouldn't. I've seen film on PC, our 1-4 seed could beat Parker's Chapel. No disrespect, but just because they are in the 8-2A doesn't mean they are automatically better than us. The last time PC came to Hackett we took care of business just fine.

Uhhhh yes they would

I've seen film too.....
PC would have been in a dog fight to win that conference.
Yes Hackett beat them a few years back.... but that was a WAY different time and team.
If what I've seen on max preps are yall's "highlights" then it must have been a rough year up there.

bleudog

November 06, 2018, 11:27:20 am #43 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:22:13 pm by bleudog

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 06, 2018, 10:03:54 am

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 06, 2018, 10:29:38 am
Uhhhh yes they would

I've seen film too.....
PC would have been in a dog fight to win that conference.
Yes Hackett beat them a few years back.... but that was a WAY different time and team.
If what I've seen on max preps are yall's "highlights" then it must have been a rough year up there.

In the FWIW department, LaLaLand has PC THEORETICALLY doing the following:

Two games where they would be multi-score underdogs.
Loss to Mountainburg 42-22
Loss to Hector 35-22

Three games that would probably be toss ups.
Loss to Hacket 31-27
Loss to Magazine 28-26
Win over Lavaca 22-21

Two games where they would be multi-score favorites
Win over JCW 44-20
Win over WYC 35-12 

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2018/project_matchup1_new.pl

Kind of looks like WCA21 put it (although the #3 for PC wouldn't be surprising):

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 06, 2018, 10:12:35 am

HorseFeathers

Bleu, Coal Hill = JC Westside. Western Yell (WYC) is in Havana

bleudog

November 06, 2018, 11:34:11 am #45 Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:42:40 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 06, 2018, 11:29:05 am
Bleu, Coal Hill = JC Westside. Western Yell (WYC) is in Havana

Thanks.  I used it right at Calpreps but typed the question on the wrong line in the post.

Does look like when it comes to playing PC, there's not too much difference between JCW and WYC,

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 05, 2018, 06:31:48 pm
Well I'm ready to see how Burg responds after being upset Friday. Not trying to take anything away from Hector cause they played a good game but Burg was the better team heading into the game and I still believe we are still the better team but the best team doesn't always win thats why you play the game. Going into the Hector game We had some obstacles to over come after losing some guys for the game. We had lost our MLB with a fractured foot out for season and then the day before the game we lost #20 our top receiver who is a big part of our offense and he started at DE and does a good job there. Plus day of game we lose another defensive player to the flu and during first have #5 comes out puking on the sideline for awhile. He did come back and play but did lose 2 fumbles which was the first time all year to fumble. Which things happen sometimes and good team overcome them things and as a team we didn't do that. Also I think we were over confident cause our last 4 games were won by mercy rule and people started talking a lot about this team so maybe a little bit of the big head.

Now it's time to see what team shows up Friday the one that is upset at how they played and will take their frustrations out on PC and win by 3 or 4 tds or the one that still stays down from the lost and let's PC hang around and make it interesting. I believe the first one will show up cause these boys are upset at how bad they played and will want to show everyone that they are for real.

Dang I wondered what happened when I saw the score.  Expected it to be a decent game but did not expect Burg to get beat. Congrats to Hector on the W.   

Hate that for the team PDD, good luck this week!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bleudog on November 06, 2018, 11:27:20 am
In the FWIW department, LaLaLand has PC THEORETICALLY doing the following:

Two games where they would be multi-score underdogs.
Loss to Mountainburg 42-22
Loss to Hector 35-22

Three games that would probably be toss ups.
Loss to Hacket 31-27
Loss to Magazine 28-26
Win over Lavaca 22-21

Two games where they would be multi-score favorites
Win over JCW 44-20
Win over WYC 35-12 

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2018/project_matchup1_new.pl

Kind of looks like WCA21 put it (although the #3 for PC wouldn't be surprising):
I tried lol. I'm just trying to figure out where these PC posters have been all year with the positiveness!

bleudog

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 06, 2018, 04:07:53 pm
I tried lol. I'm just trying to figure out where these PC posters have been all year with the positiveness!

WCA21, they ain't gonna believe me either.  ;D

But, if you're school's ever gonna get froggy, might as well jump in week 11.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bleudog on November 06, 2018, 04:45:12 pm
WCA21, they ain't gonna believe me either.  ;D

But, if you're school's ever gonna get froggy, might as well jump in week 11.
I was just waiting for one of them to bring up our game against y'all as a measuring tool lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas