• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A in 2019

Started by beach bum, November 15, 2018, 12:54:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Quote from: WolfFan13 on January 15, 2019, 10:48:48 am
Too long. Always seems like it takes years to start back up.

WWE will soon have a football league.  I hope He Hate Me comes back as a coach!

RZback

Looking forward to football starting back up.  Basketball and baseball are nice but they ain't football.

HeberFan

Who goes to watch practice?  I've done it a lot in the past. Sometimes we have a dozen parents, but, usually just me.

prHOG13

Quote from: HeberFan on January 17, 2019, 08:52:33 am

Who goes to watch practice?  I've done it a lot in the past. Sometimes we have a dozen parents, but, usually just me.
I will this year if work slows down a bit for me.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Do you watch spring ball or the summer practices? I wouldn't know how to find out when a team does their spring ball.

prHOG13

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on February 25, 2019, 11:47:46 am
Do you watch spring ball or the summer practices? I wouldn't know how to find out when a team does their spring ball.
Both. There's spring practices here in a few weeks and then there are team camps we go to. The last couple years we've gone to Tulsa for a 3 day team camp at UT and Shiloh went last year as well.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: HeberFan on January 17, 2019, 08:52:33 am

I used to go watch a lot of practice's in years past but don't go as much anymore

beach bum

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on February 27, 2019, 09:24:14 pm
I used to go watch a lot of practice's in years past but don't go as much anymore

Don't ever watch practice here, but I might go watch practice if I did live in Warren. You just might be watching some future pro's there. Not very many if any other small towns in this state can say that!

$aintMaximu$

Just heard Shiloh is playing a game next season in FL....  I had nightmares from Trinity Just thinking about.  Hope this school is more our size...   The school is Moore Haven...

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 08, 2019, 10:37:16 am
Just heard Shiloh is playing a game next season in FL....  I had nightmares from Trinity Just thinking about.  Hope this school is more our size...   The school is Moore Haven...

Mental health is a serious subject. If you need to speak to a therapist, beach bum can recommend some good ones.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on April 08, 2019, 11:23:48 am
Mental health is a serious subject. If you need to speak to a therapist, beach bum can recommend some good ones.

Beach Bum is my therapist...

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 08, 2019, 01:15:24 pm
Beach Bum is my therapist...

Mixing business and pleasure tends to lead to unintended consequences.

beach bum

I can definitely tell you all the suspect places to avoid from my time in Florida .... Just don't play any teams in South Florida.... It won't be pretty  ;D speed speed speed

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on April 08, 2019, 04:46:38 pm
I can definitely tell you all the suspect places to avoid from my time in Florida .... Just don't play any teams in South Florida.... It won't be pretty  ;D speed speed speed

I think this is a south Florida team... Looked like it was a little north of Miami...

bigchief72455

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on November 15, 2018, 06:03:10 pm
1. Shiloh-and the $aints go marching in
2. Lincoln-too much program momentum and a winner's spirit
3. Prairie Grove-consistency is key
4. Pea Ridge-exposed as the funniest joke in the 2010's
5. Gentry-have some good rising senior linemen and a smart but limited via injury qb in Atwood
6. Gravette- better than last year but still miss Coach Harrelson and Coach Mobley
7. Green Forest-I hear thatoneguy2 or whatever his name is is going to be their new coach
8. Berryville- waiting for alum and Gentry OC Jordan Parton to come save them
Not true do some research before you post. LOL

RZback

5. Gentry-have some good rising senior linemen and a smart but limited via injury qb in Atwood
6. Gravette- better than last year but still miss Coach Harrelson and Coach Mobley
7. Green Forest-I hear thatoneguy2 or whatever his name is is going to be their new coach

Shiloh, the top of the heap for 2019. 
Pea Ridge, still the best bet for 2nd until somebody knocks them out of it.
Prairie Grove,  I hear they are seriously working to get back into form.
Lincoln, loss of Loyd may be too big to replace and the combined W/L record of players from jr high is 12/18.
Gravette, I think they will make strides next season but have a long way to come back.
Gentry, just struggle to get a solid winning season going.
Berryville, waiting for the new coach to get it rolling but may not happen. History is not in his favor.
Green Forest, another bad year.
I think any serious improvement by the bottom 4 could dramatically shake up how those four finish. The conference was down this past season and it showed in the playoffs, I think it is going to be another down year overall in 1-4A.

Green Forest Press

Quote from: RZback on April 09, 2019, 07:39:55 pm

Shiloh, the top of the heap for 2019. 
Pea Ridge, still the best bet for 2nd until somebody knocks them out of it.
Prairie Grove,  I hear they are seriously working to get back into form.
Lincoln, loss of Loyd may be too big to replace and the combined W/L record of players from jr high is 12/18.
Gravette, I think they will make strides next season but have a long way to come back.
Gentry, just struggle to get a solid winning season going.
Berryville, waiting for the new coach to get it rolling but may not happen. History is not in his favor.
Green Forest, another bad year.
I think any serious improvement by the bottom 4 could dramatically shake up how those four finish. The conference was down this past season and it showed in the playoffs, I think it is going to be another down year overall in 1-4A.
Green forest will have an up year and will win the 4a-1 outright

prHOG13

Sounds like Shiloh is losing a key player to a former friend of the program

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 09, 2019, 04:59:42 pm
Sounds like Shiloh is losing a key player to a former friend of the program

Yeah, losing a couple key players and have not heard of any new kids... Seems to be the trend the last several years...

RZback

Conference appears to be down again from what I've seen and hear about spring ball. 

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Gentry looks better this spring than they usually do. It sounded like they were going to have to go 8-man from all the complaining I heard, but this is the first year in a long time they have two full squads. They've got a sophomore who's comparable to Kilgore, and he's a better in-line TE because he used to play on the line.

whippersnapper

The key for Gentry and Lincoln as always will be the battle of attrition. Can they be healthy for the most part and keep as few of players playing 2 ways as possible? Lincoln won't have the depth at skill this year like last but shouldnt have but 1 maybe 2 linemen going both ways.

nuttinbuthogs

Gentry needs to come up a good bit to be any kind of threat in the conference top half and Lincoln has to find an answer for loosing Loyd.  He was the offense for the past few years and they don't appear to have the firepower to make up for the loss.  It will be interesting to see how they try to compensate. 

whippersnapper

Lincoln does have a lot to replace in Lloyd offensively and losing the top 3 tacklers from last year.
Went and watched practice yesterday and I was mistaken on the linemen numbers. Now to take into account though we moved the starting RT to TE/H as he has slimmed up more and grown another inch. Then 2 others were out. One of those being senior DE Chance Blankenship who had a solid year last season in only his 2nd to play football.
Looked to be about 33-35 players out for now. You could see some good flashes in the pass game from Tyler Brewer he will have some struggles early but I am confident he will figure it out. Then the run game with Christian Sellers will be something to really look forward too imo. The WR Corp brings back everyone but Morphis from last season. With 4 guys having caught a TD which can play big for that QB transition.
Early assement is the wolves should still compete for a playoff spot. Can they pull back to back winning seasons will remain to be seen obviously but the chance is there.

nuttinbuthogs

I've noticed Lincoln is advertising for quite a few coaching positions in just about all sports it seems.  Are they adding on or replacing?  Sure seems they have lots of coaches going through there. I know the OC got a HC job.

prHOG13

Saw where Shiloh hired a new DC from Oklahoma. Coincidentally this coach has a son who's a sophomore that is really good.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on June 05, 2019, 11:23:28 am
Saw where Shiloh hired a new DC from Oklahoma. Coincidentally this coach has a son who's a sophomore that is really good.

Yep, I'm sure it's just a coincidence........

whippersnapper

Well they did lose the 2 Henry boys. Had to "replace" them some how haha

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: prHOG13 on June 05, 2019, 11:23:28 am

Haven't they done that before?

prHOG13

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on June 06, 2019, 03:00:45 pm
Haven't they done that before?
Yeah, when they hired Berus' dad

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on June 06, 2019, 04:37:09 pm
Yeah, when they hired Berus' dad

At the spring game he was in an arm sling.  Didn't have the physical stature of Berus at all. 

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on June 10, 2019, 04:44:42 pm
At the spring game he was in an arm sling.  Didn't have the physical stature of Berus at all.
He's just a sophomore.

I've got a cousin that coaches where they came from.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on June 11, 2019, 11:51:56 am
He's just a sophomore.

I've got a cousin that coaches where they came from.

So was he a Linebacker?  Unless he was exceptional it's hard to say how the transition from Junior high to high school will be...  I would be happy if he was exceptional however...

Gray lizard

I have seen post that Green Forest has a good shot at taking the 1-4A.

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on June 11, 2019, 02:40:38 pm
So was he a Linebacker?  Unless he was exceptional it's hard to say how the transition from Junior high to high school will be...  I would be happy if he was exceptional however...
I haven't seen him play, but was told he played QB/WR/RB and that he's a beast. Not sure how comparable that classification in Oklahoma is to 4A in Ark but I imagine it's pretty close.

HeberFan

It will be here soon

whippersnapper

I have heard good things about the 2 team camps Lincoln has been apart of. I think the wolves do have a lot too prove this season and should have a chip on their shoulder before they drop to 3A. One thing that will help them still is their schedule. They open with rival westville who should naturally be tons better in year 2 under their new coach considering how late of a hire he was. How much better? We shall see. Then Keys will travel to wolfpack stadium with from what I heard a new HC. He won over 200 games in Texas and multiple conf champs. Runs the wing t just like the last guy. So the system won't be brand new to the players. Week 3 Subiaco comes to Lincoln too and you never know what type of kids they will have.
If the wolves can come out of that 3-0 and stay rather healthy then I think the sky is the limit for them this year. I will say though I don't think amyone comes close to touching Shiloh though. Believe its a battle for 2nd this year.

beach bum

A little shocked that the coaches picked Prairie Grove over Pea Ridge.... Hootens did pick Pea Ridge over Prairie Grove in their overall rankings though. I think PG over the Ridge is probably just a respect voting for Coach Abshiers overall time and tenure at PG. I still got Pea Ridge over PG.

HeberFan

Kong Lee -- has to be the best football name in the conference !

RZback

What is the word on the new HC at Gravette.  Wasn't he the DC last year?  I hear he came from out of state with the previous HC.   

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

I believe Bohannon has been there for a while, spending time under Coach Harrelson at GHS. Maybe he can get the Lions back into shape from knowing the culture and what worked previously.

rzrbackfan

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 11, 2019, 03:08:40 pm
I have seen post that Green Forest has a good shot at taking the 1-4A.
Now this is funny!!!  Yes you saw that from someone at Green Forest.  If the top half of 4A-1 dropped out they still wouldn't win.

whippersnapper

Idk bout ole GF but I am gonna go on record right now and say berryville is our 5 seed this year. I really thought they would get gentry last year but gentry opened up with a big score from the ole hook and ladder play to start the game. Seemed berryville couldn't ever get momentum then. Their sophomore class may be one of the better classes they have had in a long time too.

Momma_S

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 23, 2019, 10:23:49 am
Idk bout ole GF but I am gonna go on record right now and say berryville is our 5 seed this year. I really thought they would get gentry last year but gentry opened up with a big score from the ole hook and ladder play to start the game. Seemed berryville couldn't ever get momentum then. Their sophomore class may be one of the better classes they have had in a long time too.

A very long time.

beach bum

The biggest storylines for me headed into next year are....

-Will Pea Ridge be able to compete with Shiloh? Pea Ridge from a pure number of athletes standpoint can if they get it together offensively. That will be the Blackhawks biggest question is if their offense steps up

-Will Lincoln beat Prairie Grove back to back years? That would be crazy if so and feel like something from the twilight zone. I hear Lincoln has some good WR's and one in particular that is rangy and will go get the ball. Losing Lloyd will be tough but if they have a QB step up who will get the WR's the ball accurately I think Lincoln will have another good year.

4 Year Letterman

Quote from: beach bum on July 30, 2019, 06:53:53 pm
The biggest storylines for me headed into next year are....

-Will Pea Ridge be able to compete with Shiloh? Pea Ridge from a pure number of athletes standpoint can if they get it together offensively. That will be the Blackhawks biggest question is if their offense steps up

-Will Lincoln beat Prairie Grove back to back years? That would be crazy if so and feel like something from the twilight zone. I hear Lincoln has some good WR's and one in particular that is rangy and will go get the ball. Losing Lloyd will be tough but if they have a QB step up who will get the WR's the ball accurately I think Lincoln will have another good year.
Have not kept up with this very close.. how good is Shiloh and Pea Ridge going to be this year?

prHOG13

Quote from: 4 Year Letterman on July 31, 2019, 03:18:21 pm
Have not kept up with this very close.. how good is Shiloh and Pea Ridge going to be this year?
I'm not gonna comment on Pea Ridge much, but I like what little I've seen of them this summer. There's a different intensity this offseason.

Shiloh lost Henry to Van Buren, who was newcomer of the year. He's going to be very hard to replace. Couple that with what they lost to graduation, and they are going to fall back to the rest of the pack chasing them quite a bit.

The top 4 in the conference will be the same teams (PR, Shiloh, Lincoln, PG) and I think Berryville gets that 5 seed this year.

Y'all better enjoy giving me crap for one more season before we move on. I'm sure we'll play a few of your teams in non conference in the coming years like Farmington does to cut down on some of that travel though.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on August 06, 2019, 10:31:49 pm
I'm not gonna comment on Pea Ridge much, but I like what little I've seen of them this summer. There's a different intensity this offseason.

Shiloh lost Henry to Van Buren, who was newcomer of the year. He's going to be very hard to replace. Couple that with what they lost to graduation, and they are going to fall back to the rest of the pack chasing them quite a bit.

The top 4 in the conference will be the same teams (PR, Shiloh, Lincoln, PG) and I think Berryville gets that 5 seed this year.

Y'all better enjoy giving me crap for one more season before we move on. I'm sure we'll play a few of your teams in non conference in the coming years like Farmington does to cut down on some of that travel though.

I know a very good reason to come watch some home games once you guys move up...  Best cheeseburger in the area!!

whippersnapper

Easy on the cheeseburgers SM you have to maintain your figure. Haha

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 07, 2019, 10:00:43 am
Easy on the cheeseburgers SM you have to maintain your figure. Haha

Football season is my bulking season!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas