• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-AA freshmen going to be sophmores.

Started by wanna_be, February 19, 2006, 06:52:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wanna_be

who will make the biggest impacts on there teams. and why.

DLove_34

Who cares? Not me. I honestly don't think any of you freshmen will get to play with your senior high because they already are comfortable with each other and a freshmen would ruin that.

wonderboys

Well Jenny Redfern is already playing with the Lady Little Johns. she made quite an impression in the semi's of distict vs. hartford with 4 points, probably 3 steals, and 3 or so assists. But I figure she is the only one in the 4AA boys or girls.

CHAMPION_#1

ur probably right. wat about cool from hackett or witt from magazine or davis from charleston. dont u think any of them will help.

RATTLER43

Quote from: CHAMPION_#1 on February 19, 2006, 11:32:00 pm
ur probably right. wat about cool from hackett or witt from magazine or davis from charleston. dont u think any of them will help.

...all of the Magazine junior boys were 8th graders......

wonderboys

Lane helped the Hackett girls while it lasted for them, and she will help them next year. But I don't know how many boys will help their teams next year, except Westside, anything could help them.

theblazer07

You're right about that one...Lane went 14 for 17 from the free throw line the other night on the way to their win.

ColonelReb

saweet. and yes jenny redfern did get to play...don't count your chickens before they hatch big guy. no offense to any on the sr team, but she's just as good as them...

GreenFro 50

man, boy, she had some skills i didnt think a freshman had.

CHAMPION_#1

there will be several freshman in my mind that will help there team out next year.

wonderboys

Redfern got 5 points and some sweet dimes tonight in Danville's big win over Chucktown.

baseballholic

i truly do think that if refern and mccann went 1 on 1, then mccann would win. jordan is more physical and handles the ball better. if someone would get up in redferns grill and play physical like we did with branham in the championship game then she would fold and be useless.

wonderboys

i understand that you kids are young, but there's no excuse for being silly. redfern is by far the better ball handler. and just because someone would win a game of one on one that doesn't make them a better ball player.

b-ball fan

one on one ain't basketball....basketball is a team sport...Redfern is the best gaurd in the 4AA maybe boys and girls combined

baseballholic

wonderboys

pistol

The best basketball players make their teammates better.  Look at Jordan.  Kerr doesn't get a wide open three, if his defender isn't having to help stop jordan from slashing.  Jenny redfern much like misty bewley makes the players around them better because no'one as of yet can contain them 1 on 1, and when the help comes both girls find the open man.  Unselfish players may not lead in scoring, but they are usually on winning teams. 

GreenFro 50

Episcopal09

"Who cares? Not me. I honestly don't think any of you freshmen will get to play with your senior high because they already are comfortable with each other and a freshmen would ruin that."

wrong, the freshman might be good enough and a team player

CHAMPION_#1

how would u know. u are in a different conference and u know nothing about the 4-AA.

charleston_kitten

February 21, 2006, 07:38:23 pm #21 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 07:40:12 pm by charleston_kitten
Basketball is not a team sport. One player can make everything happen. Look at Hackett the past 2 years. Big and little Branam did almost everything. At the end of the year the other players started coming around and scoring a little bit but not much. A game can be won soley on one player. On some teams the only reason for the other four players on the floor is to spread it out so the star can drive and to play defense. Football is a true team sport. If one person doesn't block, the whole play is ruined. Football is a true team sport and what this site is mainly about. I think they should just get rid of the basketball thread on here. The only thing the posters in the b-ball thread do is talk smack and argue over who is the best player. That proves my point. All anyone does on here is talk about who's the better player. I'm not saying you guys are ignorant. People talk about who's the better player because that's all basketball is about in my opinion. This site is called Fearless Friday. Not Fearless Tuesday and Friday. And to stick to the topic, Jordan is the better player.

wonderboys

Quote from: charleston_kitten on February 21, 2006, 07:38:23 pm
Basketball is not a team sport. One player can make everything happen. Look at Hackett the past 2 years. Big and little Branam did almost everything. At the end of the year the other players started coming around and scoring a little bit but not much. A game can be won soley on one player. On some teams the only reason for the other four players on the floor is to spread it out so the star can drive and to play defense. Football is a true team sport. If one person doesn't block, the whole play is ruined. Football is a true team sport and what this site is mainly about. I think they should just get rid of the basketball thread on here. The only thing the posters in the b-ball thread do is talk smack and argue over who is the best player. That proves my point. All anyone does on here is talk about who's the better player. I'm not saying you guys are ignorant. People talk about who's the better player because that's all basketball is about in my opinion. This site is called Fearless Friday. Not Fearless Tuesday and Friday. And to stick to the topic, Jordan is the better player.

well, since Jordan is the better player and it only takes one player to win a basketball game..... you know where I'm going so I'll stop there :D

CHAMPION_#1

a game can be won by one single player, i will give u that. but without the other four u arent worth anything. in basketball u are forced to play defense and offense. in football and baseball u can be just a defender or just an offensive player. in basketball u have to be both. the five players on the floor make up the team and they all have to do their job on both ends of the court.

charleston_kitten

I said in the earlier post that the other four players on the floor were there to play defense and spread the floor on offense. Basketball isn't a team sport on both ends, football is. On defense in football, if the ends don't contain, the tackles stick to rush lanes, the linebackers read and fill, and the corners don't let anybody behind them, the opposing team can make a long play. If one of those jobs don't get done, the whole defense could collapse. On offense in football, if the line doesn't block the right guy or stik to their gaps, if the reciever doesn't run the right route or crack the backer, if the back doesn't make a big pocket tuck the ball or block, if the qb doesn't read the defense or see the holes or carry out the fake pitifully, the whole play could go nowhere or the other way. Basketball is only a team sport on defense.

Umpback wail

Hey charleston_kitt:

I hope you choke on your furball!

So after Charleston FINALLY won a state title in football - nothing else matters?

You show your ignorance when you declare that basketball is not a team sport - do you think you could convince Coach K or John Wooden of that?

b-ball fan

February 22, 2006, 09:29:26 am #26 Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:33:16 am by b-ball fan
its official...kitten is the dumbest poster ever...basketball is not a team sport, but it is on defense...I would like to see one team send only one girl to the offensive end...see how far that takes you...do you even play basketball kitten

CHAMPION_#1

wonderboys

Quote from: b-ball fan on February 22, 2006, 09:29:26 am
its official...kitten is the dumbest poster ever...basketball is not a team sport, but it is on defense...I would like to see one team send only one girl to the offensive end...see how far that takes you...do you even play basketball kitten

apparently if kitten sent McCann down there it would be a bucket every time. possibly that was the problem the 4 times they played Danville, she had to many teammates on offense.

ColonelReb

apparently. that's pretty lame to say basketball is not a team sport...go WATCH some basketball, and see what you think after that
Quote from: wonderboys on February 23, 2006, 10:04:15 am

apparently if kitten sent McCann down there it would be a bucket every time. possibly that was the problem the 4 times they played Danville, she had to many teammates on offense.

The Shinobi

Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on February 23, 2006, 10:52:03 am
apparently. that's pretty lame to say basketball is not a team sport...go WATCH some basketball, and see what you think after that
Quote from: wonderboys on February 23, 2006, 10:04:15 am

yeah it some steak.

charleston_kitten

Alright, maybe I got a little carried away. OK, maybe really carried away. When I was posting, I thought I was making a really good point and now I look at it and wonder if I was sober. I really got carried away. I'm sorry for being an idiot. It's not the first time I've had to apologize for that. I think Basketball is not a team sport to a certain aspect. There! That's what I was trying to say. I apologize again. I think I'm obligated to for a post like that.

CHAMPION_#1

well u should apologize for those comments. they were just plain stupid.

b-ball fan

Umpback wail

OK - now i hope you DON'T choke on your furball.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas