• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can mp get a little respect?

Started by mossified4, February 18, 2006, 12:57:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mossified4

we are now 25-1 and our only loss came to ftn. lake by 4 and we beat them by 23 and 13 we beat kirby and to go 25-1 is a big accomplishment no matter who you are playing we were undefeated conference and district champs and everyone is saying we are overrated and disrespectful everyone is downing us and our coach so come on and give us some respect i mean come on how many other schools in the state boys or girls at any level are 25-1

beaglenoose

Who's questioning records or abilities?

Yes, there is a lot of negative talk about attitudes and disrespectfulness. 

Yes, there is a lot of mouthin' on this sight.

You havn't heard me say your overrated.  I havn't seen anyone else say you're overrated (could've missed something though).  A lot of people don't like the way the MP team carries itself, but that has nothing to do with basketball.

Boils down to this, before this year I think J'ville won like 16? contests with MP in a row.  It's not fun to be knocked off the mountain.  On the flip side, when your program has a bad run like that, then you turn it around on them, you tend to celebrate more.

You guys looked good last night, McDorman hit some clutch threes late.  Why was he on the bench so long second half?  Also, thought it was a bold move to leave Jesse in the whole 4th qtr with those 4 fouls.

Congrats, see you at Perryville

beaglenoose

Don't mean to get ahead of the regional, but did you see how many Taylor put up for BIC in their district final?  61 pts.  team scored 90.

That's somethin.

State's going to be interesting, lots of story lines.

Does anyone know anything other than Taylor about them?

agent provocator

Want respect? Earn it. Congrats on going 25-1 or whatever. In the end your team will do what every other promising team at the pine has done under Castleberry. Because of lack of work ethic and character u will run into a team in the state tournament that is less talented but more disciplined and your team will wilt under  the pressure and probally show their rear- end. Scrimmaging for 30 mins and then going to drive a bus route doesnt win championships and it has been going on over there for years.     

beaglenoose

Where's the love?

There's no need for that.  Look, let's call this what is is, MP is the BEST small school team in Garland County this year, period.  End of story. 

Now we broaden our horizons to the REG, STATE.

The negative stuff gets old, talk basketball.  Match-ups, opponents, what's going on in the REG and STATE. 

All the trash talking should stop now, district is over, if you're still talking trash (either side), then it's bc you don't have anything intelligent to say.

you all know how you feel about the other (both of you accuse each other of the same stuff), no need to remind each other

ltb759

Mossy,
            Please get your facts straight before posting on here. The GCIT game vs Ftn Lake was 56-48. Thats 8 points,not 13. A few weeks ago on a post you said that Pine was 2-1 against Lake and both victories were by 20 points. A win is a win,whether it be by 1 or 60 but if you want to talk margin of win/defeat lets get it right.       
Congrats on the District championship. I had  a seat 3 rows behind Pines bench and saw nobody, coaches,players or fans act in an inappropiate manner.

Good luck in regionals, hope to get to cheer you guys on in state against all foreigners(non 5aas teams)

John M.

Quote from: beaglenoose on February 18, 2006, 01:35:46 pm

Don't mean to get ahead of the regional, but did you see how many Taylor put up for BIC in their district final? 61 pts. team scored 90.

That's somethin.

State's going to be interesting, lots of story lines.

Does anyone know anything other than Taylor about them?

BIC has a solid team led by Taylor who is averaging around 35ppg.He is not padding his stats against weak teams.He had 41 against Jonesboro the #1 team in the state.

Derek Rolland:Tough defender,a real bulldog.The second leading scorer.Can be a streaky 3pt shooter.

Cord Rose:Point guard:Handles the pressure very well.Few turnovers,can hit the open three.A little foul prone.

Hunter Smith:The 3pt shooter,can light it up if left open

These kids all contributed in last years title run.They miss Ballard but are still a serious threat to repeat.I believe their tough schedule will help them in the end.

mossified4

Quote from: agent provocator on February 18, 2006, 02:19:31 pm
Want respect? Earn it. Congrats on going 25-1 or whatever. In the end your team will do what every other promising team at the pine has done under Castleberry. Because of lack of work ethic and character u will run into a team in the state tournament that is less talented but more disciplined and your team will wilt under the pressure and probally show their rear- end. Scrimmaging for 30 mins and then going to drive a bus route doesnt win championships and it has been going on over there for years.
dont critisize what goes on in our practices if you dont even know what goes on i mean we dont even do that much scrimmaging we condition mmore than anything else and we are at the gym till 5:00 almost every day get your facts straight

sears34

Mossy,
Rumor around the Mountain Valley has it that you have acquired wireless internet connection for the upcoming regional tournament. This excites me!!! Now you will be able to post during the game as it is happening in front of you !!!!!
Good job in pregame as well.
Congrtats on the tourney win. One more walk through(regional) then you get to see big boy basketball.

razorfan

everytime i get on the basketball boards....mtn. pine is everywhere....i see them gettin respect...you can't be talked about that much and consider yourself to not be respected...whether all the talk is negative about you or not...just the fact that you are being talked about is respect...and if people down you...don't say nothin...just show it on the court

superd2312

Is being ranked 3rd in the state not getting respect.

CMS Fan

Mountain Pine Senior Boys:
Wish you the best! in Regionals!! You will do well. Don't let the talk get you down. Play like you always do. Your actions are bigger than any words said.

John M.

Quote from: mossified4 on February 18, 2006, 12:57:02 pm
we are now 25-1 and our only loss came to ftn. lake by 4 and we beat them by 23 and 13 we beat kirby and to go 25-1 is a big accomplishment no matter who you are playing we were undefeated conference and district champs and everyone is saying we are overrated and disrespectful everyone is downing us and our coach so come on and give us some respect i mean come on how many other schools in the state boys or girls at any level are 25-1

I think everybody respects the fact that you are 25-1 and that is a great accomplishment.The lack of respect that you talk about is when you compare yourself to the elite AA programs,your strength of schedule just doesn't matchup.Name 1 real quality win you have.By that I mean a top AA team or a real solid higher classification team.Therein lies the reason for the lack of respect.

mossified4

the paper gave us respect but everyone else outside the 5aa south hates this confrence and downs every team in it

mossified4

Quote from: razorfan on February 20, 2006, 09:07:59 pm
everytime i get on the basketball boards....mtn. pine is everywhere....i see them gettin respect...you can't be talked about that much and consider yourself to not be respected...whether all the talk is negative about you or not...just the fact that you are being talked about is respect...and if people down you...don't say nothin...just show it on the court
negative stuff is not getting respect

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas