• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James Anderson Which of the 2 photos look better on your monitor?

Started by tdn (Tim), January 28, 2006, 09:17:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the 2 photos look better on your monitor? 1 or 1a?

Alleyoop1-small.jpg
3 (11.1%)
Alleyoop1a-small.jpg
9 (33.3%)
look the same to me
15 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: bballfan36 on February 17, 2006, 11:10:51 am
Sounds good...that's what you have to do...have players step up when a key player is out of the game, for whatever reason.  Junction has really improved over the season.  Early in the year, I had my doubts because they weren't playing much defense, but they have come along nicely.

BTW, I think some refs are starting to overcompensate with Anderson and call things too tough on him.  I guess they are determined not to give him any more advantage, but it's not fair when they call it on one and not the other.

Well maybe.  I think they tend to sometimes not blow the whistle when he is fouled rather than blow it for a foul.  And sometimes you just have to know the officials tendencies.  Some will make a call when they are out of position (like calling a low post foul when they are near mid-court and the closer official doesn't call anything) and as a player you need to recognize those situations and adjust.  Can't do anything about the no calls but keep playing but adjust to the calls the officials are calling.  Some call it tighter than others.  That is part of the game

wonderboys

Quote from: bballfan36 on February 17, 2006, 08:37:11 am
So, what did you think? I didn't get to see the news but heard about it. According to the local paper he was in foul trouble last night, but JC still managed to pull out a big blowout win over PC, and Anderson finished with 21, even with the foul trouble. JC has a lot of players stepping up at the right time to complement him.

he looked good. they called him 6'5 and said that he is averaging over 30 a game. in the game clips it showed i felt like i was watching myself (with a deep tan of course) playing against jr. high kids. he was definitely on another level. I was depressed that they didn't show any oops.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: wonderboys on February 17, 2006, 10:38:55 pm
he looked good. they called him 6'5 and said that he is averaging over 30 a game. in the game clips it showed i felt like i was watching myself (with a deep tan of course) playing against jr. high kids. he was definitely on another level. I was depressed that they didn't show any oops.

Well I only remember a handfull of successful oops this year so they may not have had those clips.  Not sure where they obtained their video.  If they got game footage from the school, it would depend upon which games

bballfan36

Yeah, I think he's more like 6'6", but hey, give or take an inch, it doesn't matter, he is TALL!  They probably don't have much footage of that, because he's really not a show-off player.  Most of the time they just take care of the win, but lately have been able to sneak in a dunk or two.  His teammates do a good job of getting him the ball when he manages to break away.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas